Mercedes-Benz's small retractable-hardtop roadster comes with a choice of V-6 engines or as a V-8-powered AMG performance model. Competitors for the SLK-Class include the BMW Z4 and Audi TT.
New for 2010
All models receive a new standard premium leather steering wheel and an enhanced tire pressure monitoring system. A limited-edition SLK300 Diamond White Edition (named for the metallic paint color) comes with a two-tone interior, sport suspension, 18-inch AMG wheels and other features.
The SLK features an arrow-shaped nose with a long hood, a steeply sloped windshield and taut body lines, and its retractable hardtop goes up or down in 22 seconds.
- Retractable hardtop
- Available wind blocker
- 17- or 18-inch wheels
The SLK-Class' two-seat cabin has standard leather and simulated suede upholstery.
- Available voice-activated air conditioning
- Standard remote window and roof controls
- Available 11-speaker Harman Kardon audio system
Under the Hood
The 3.0-liter V-6 in the base SLK300 makes 228 horsepower, while the 3.5-liter V-6 in the SLK350 has 300 hp. The top-of-the-line SLK55 AMG features a 355-hp, 5.4-liter V-8.
- Standard six-speed manual transmission on SLK300
- Seven-speed automatic standard on SLK350, SLK55 and optional on SLK300
- Rear-wheel drive
Standard safety features include:
- All-disc antilock brakes with brake assist
- Electronic stability system
- Side-impact airbags
Cars.com Expert Reviews
|Mike Hanley||Cars.com National||December 31, 2009|
|Cars.com Staff||Cars.com National||October 14, 2009|
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.