Designed specifically for commercial applications as passenger, cargo or chassis-cab vans, the Sprinter can be built on one of two wheelbases with one of three roof heights. The Sprinter competes in a class with the Chevrolet Express, Ford E-Series Wagon and GMC Savana.
New for 2010
The Sprinter has improved horsepower and torque on the Sprinter's 3.0-liter diesel V-6 engine.
The back doors open to the vehicle's full height and swing open 270 degrees. One-touch, triple-flash turn signals and wide-angle mirrors are standard. An electronic sliding door is optional on both cargo and passenger models. Passenger vans include an emergency exit window.
- Standard power windows, locks and integrated wide-angle mirrors
- Standard 16-inch steel wheels
- Optional 16-inch aluminum wheels
- Standard sliding passenger-side door
- Dual hinged doors in back with a 270-degree opening
- Optional side doors (in place of sliding door)
- Optional heated windshield and rain-sensing wipers
Up to 12 occupants fit inside a passenger-carrying Sprinter. Two people sit up front and as many as three more rows of seats can be installed. An optional removable four-seat rear bench is new for cargo vans. All models can have bucket seats in front. Sprinters have a flat cargo floor and tapered rear wheel housings.
- Available cloth or vinyl seats
- Standard air conditioning
- Standard tilt/telescoping steering wheel
- Standard CD player
- Optional six-disc CD changer
Under the Hood
Sprinters come in 2500 (three-quarter-ton) and 3500 (one-ton) ratings, but only the 2500 series includes a passenger model. Sprinters are powered by a 3.0-liter, turbocharged V-6 engine. It's been revised for 2010 to produce 185 horsepower and 325 pounds-feet of torque.
Sprinters have an independent front suspension, rear leaf springs and power rack-and-pinion steering.
- 185-hp, turbocharged 3.0-liter diesel V-6 with 325 pounds-feet of torque
- Five-speed automatic transmission
The 12-passenger van includes an emergency exit window.
- Optional side-impact and side curtain airbags
- Standard all-disc antilock brakes
- Standard electronic stability system and traction control