2000 Mercury Grand Marquis

18 city / 25 hwy

Overall

Keeps on ticking

by Big'un from Jackson, Tn | March 6, 2014

I bought mine used 5 years ago, it now has 200,000+ miles on it and it's still going strong. Only cost of operation is general maintenance.

This is my second Mercury grand Marquie and I love

by dawo54 from Toronto,Ontario Canada | January 17, 2014

This is my second Mercury Grand Marquie. I had a 1993 LS model for 10 years and I bought it used. The 2000 has more horsepower and a smoother ride but I love both for different reasons. I ran the 93 very hard and it never failed. These cars are built to last and if you keep the oil and rear end and transmission clean they will pass a 1/2 million kilometers easy. I'm sorry Ford dropped the line in 2011 but this cars success tells the story. I will keep buying them as long as I can. D Smith Toronto, Ontario Canada.

Great Value

by TBS from Grand Rapids, MI | November 19, 2013

I love my 2000 Grand Marquis. Not the sportiest looking car but it is very roomy inside and has a huge truck. Very smooth ride. My car has 130,000 miles on it and is the most reliable car I have ever owned. I will be driving this car for a long time to come.

Excellent CAr for the Money

by HHMINI from Lawrenceburg, IN | September 3, 2012

Older well made vehicle with good styling and room for a taller driver or passenger. Good comfort especially on long trips and reasonable gas mileage for a large vehicle. Roomy trunk and easy access to spare tire.

great allout car

by muscle car enthusiast from sandusky,ohio | October 10, 2011

great ride,great look, great performance.a really nice family car with comfort, dependabiljty,and reliability.

Great car for the "long haul."

by RovinRon from Boyceville, WI 54725 | October 15, 2010

We now have nearly 200,000 miles on the car, and it is still going well, not needing to add oil in between oil changes. Have had minor problems, needing to replace about half of the coils on cylinders of the V-8. Pereformance and mpg are great for a car this size.

past its use-by date

by garageman207 from | August 14, 2010

the grand marquis serves as an ok family hauler, good for long distance traveling. But it is anything but invigorating to drive. the whole car leans in corners, there isnt enough power from the engine, acceleration is dismal, its noisy and uncomfortable. its only gift is a cavernous trunk. it doesnt start on winter days, fuel economy is below sea level and the roof is too low for tall passengers. dont waste money on this car.

Still reliable

by Jeana from minnesota | May 24, 2010

My Merc is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. When the time comes, I will purchase another to replace mine. My Grand Mar. just pasted 150,000 with no major issues. I drive rough roads, so occasionally I have had to replace parts due to this. i also drive 100+ miles every day, and the Merc is a smooth ride that 'floats'. I have been very satisfied with this car.

Reliability is the key

by Moodylu from New Jersey | May 6, 2010

My 2000 Grand Marquis LS is a great car. It is very reliable and maintenance is very low. Extremely comfortable. I would buy this car again. It has a huge trunk, fits 6 people and good on gas. No complaints. Family members who borrowed it didn't want to give it back! I feel safe driving in this bigger car.

Smoothest Ride I've Owned

by Brad from North Carolina | December 26, 2008

I am very impressed with my 2000 Grand Marquis GS because of the comfort and reliability. I have used it doing a lot of traveling, and around town. For a long ride, nothing compares. It has 134,000 miles and still runs strong.

Featured Services for this Mercury Grand Marquis