2003 Mercury Grand Marquis

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Most Comfortable Car

by Comfort Enthusiast from Gilbert, AZ | February 8, 2014

This is the third car in this class that I have owned so I knew what I was buying. The car is excellent condition, both inside and out. It is a replacement for one we lost so it is everything we expected and more. It could not have been cared for better.

All positive, except defective rear axles this yr.

by Drewski from Charleston, SC | December 21, 2013

In 2013 got this 2003 car from mother-in-law (little old lady). Car had only 24K miles, and now has 35K Have only one complaint and that is the fact that the rear wheel axles/bearings started to fail soon after. My research found that Mercury and Ford installed defective (soft) axles in many of this year's production. This repair costs about $750 for bearings, seals and axles (that's a quality non-dealer shop price). Listen for a "wha wha wha" noise that changes with wheel speed. Best heard with windows up and no A/C or radio on.

by Mercury Fan from Ann Arbor, MI | August 2, 2013

Replaced my firmer 2003 MGM. Great car, great mileage. I still don't understand why Mercury quit making them!!

Big Mercury fan

by Pastaguy from Grand Rapids, Mi | July 15, 2013

My family, our businesses and I have owned over 100 Mercurys over the years. I recently purchased a beautiful 2003 Grand Marquis LS with only 78,000 miles on it. This is my fifth in this series. Three were wagons. I have really been happy with all of them for reliability, comfort and value. Very sad to see Ford drop the Mercury line. Very similar to Lincolns, with better price points. My son also recently bought a 2000 Grand Marquis LS. It is also holding up well. We also had a Crown Vic in the past. The Mercurys are more comfortable.

great car

by bbqman from new jersey | June 29, 2013

great car pretty much same as a towncar but alot cheaper.these cars get pretty good gas milage for what they are.4.6 engine is a proven engine that with the correct maint.goes 300,000 mile easy.

Reliabilty was this car's first name!

by past owner from nj | May 16, 2013

Ford made this most desirable of police and older drivers. Comfort on long trips, big big trunk space and room for a family of 5 . Why they stopped this American Dream is sheer stupidity.

RELIABLE FOR LONG TRIPS

by I LIKE FULL SIZE CARS from LOS ANGELES CA. | March 1, 2013

I BOUGTH THIS CAR FOR MY WIFE, AND SHE'S VERY HAPPY WITH IT. THANKS TO CARS.COM I HAVE GOOD DEAL AND VERY GOOD FINANCE PLAN. THANKS GEORGE

Best driving cars around for the money

by Tom from Bloomington, Ca | April 9, 2012

I've owned Lincolns,Fords and Mercurys my entire life. When looking for a family vehicle, the Mercury Grand Marquis, has everything a family needs. Seats up to 6 passengers comfortably (depending on a 3 passenger front seat or bucket seats). Mercury's drivability is the same as a Lincoln, smooth !!! Riding with the same drivetrain that powers our law enforcement vehicles ( Ford Crown Victoria). The powerful 4.6 liter engine is also economical on gas. For a full-sized family/luxury vehicle we're usually getting around 23 mpg on the highway. Also the 4.6 motors very dependable with regularly scheduled maintenance. No doubt about it it's a big car on the outside with an even bigger ride on the inside. Be comfortable in this one !!!

by Riffraff from New York | February 20, 2012

Car is a comfortable " Couch car". It has plenty of power when fully loaded. I was seeking the air supension package but could not find one at the time. I drove one with air suspension and I did not notice a big change.

fantastic

by Dave from Kansas City | December 27, 2011

This is my fourth one. had an 87 that went 200,000 miles. Had a 97 that went 150,00 and traded for a 2002 crown Vic that was totaled. This one has 120,000 with no major problems other than regular maintenance. I know if I get in and go, it will go. good fuel mileage. 18 city, 22 highway. Big safe car.

Featured Services for this Mercury Grand Marquis