2003 Mercury Grand Marquis

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis

Available in 5 styles:  2003 Mercury Grand Marquis 4dr Sedan shown

17 city / 25 hwy

Overall

Great car! Comfortable and reliable.

by Ben Dover from New Mexico | July 26, 2014

I bought my 2003 model a few months ago, and am quite happy with it. It has almost 150,000 miles, and runs as smooth as any brand new car I've driven. It has a powerful engine, yet it gets decent fuel economy. Only issue is the paint peeling off. Apparently, Ford did shoddy work on the paint for a lot of these cars, so I'm going to have to get that redone, but otherwise, this car is awesome!

NEVER BUY THIS YEAR

by kevnval from Chicagoland | May 7, 2014

This is my 6th Gr Marquis/Cr. Vic. Loved the car. Currently have 2 of them. Lighting control modules - I'm on my 4th :D Ford definately has a problem with these, just had one rebuilt 2 weeks ago (on a replacement one that was guaranteed). NOW, I HAVE ALSO HAD A sudden accelleration problem, happened 2x before, both times "wet pavement" traction control was engaged, on. This time dry pavement, at high speed, and when shifting to neutral, engine was revving like it was going to shoot a piston through the roof. Finally shut car off and STOOD on brake (was doing about 60 when shut off). Called husband, happened to him once, only on mine. HIs 2003 (we have 2) never did it. Car now parked, Was going to take to ford to repair. I think I'm just replacing. This was my favorite car over 25 years. Not anymore. Safety is Job one, right? oh, I guess not, huh Ford.

Top pick for used car reliability & OK on MPG too!

by 2 ton of fun from NW | April 22, 2014

Bulletproof engine and drivetrain, quiet comfy and upscale, cheap to buy used now and probably driven by a senor. Go for an 2003 or newer, simpler GS model, run 5-20 synth oil and replace lighting module for headlight weakness. Car is 4000lbs-basically a F150 engine, tranny and frame with car body. 25 mpg at 70+.

Most Comfortable Car

by Comfort Enthusiast from Gilbert, AZ | February 8, 2014

This is the third car in this class that I have owned so I knew what I was buying. The car is excellent condition, both inside and out. It is a replacement for one we lost so it is everything we expected and more. It could not have been cared for better.

All positive, except defective rear axles this yr.

by Drewski from Charleston, SC | December 21, 2013

In 2013 got this 2003 car from mother-in-law (little old lady). Car had only 24K miles, and now has 35K Have only one complaint and that is the fact that the rear wheel axles/bearings started to fail soon after. My research found that Mercury and Ford installed defective (soft) axles in many of this year's production. This repair costs about $750 for bearings, seals and axles (that's a quality non-dealer shop price). Listen for a "wha wha wha" noise that changes with wheel speed. Best heard with windows up and no A/C or radio on.

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis

by Mercury Fan from Ann Arbor, MI | August 2, 2013

Replaced my firmer 2003 MGM. Great car, great mileage. I still don't understand why Mercury quit making them!!

Big Mercury fan

by Pastaguy from Grand Rapids, Mi | July 15, 2013

My family, our businesses and I have owned over 100 Mercurys over the years. I recently purchased a beautiful 2003 Grand Marquis LS with only 78,000 miles on it. This is my fifth in this series. Three were wagons. I have really been happy with all of them for reliability, comfort and value. Very sad to see Ford drop the Mercury line. Very similar to Lincolns, with better price points. My son also recently bought a 2000 Grand Marquis LS. It is also holding up well. We also had a Crown Vic in the past. The Mercurys are more comfortable.

great car

by bbqman from new jersey | June 29, 2013

great car pretty much same as a towncar but alot cheaper.these cars get pretty good gas milage for what they are.4.6 engine is a proven engine that with the correct maint.goes 300,000 mile easy.

Reliabilty was this car's first name!

by past owner from nj | May 16, 2013

Ford made this most desirable of police and older drivers. Comfort on long trips, big big trunk space and room for a family of 5 . Why they stopped this American Dream is sheer stupidity.

RELIABLE FOR LONG TRIPS

by I LIKE FULL SIZE CARS from LOS ANGELES CA. | March 1, 2013

I BOUGTH THIS CAR FOR MY WIFE, AND SHE'S VERY HAPPY WITH IT. THANKS TO CARS.COM I HAVE GOOD DEAL AND VERY GOOD FINANCE PLAN. THANKS GEORGE

Featured Services for this Mercury Grand Marquis