2004 Mercury Grand Marquis

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis
Available in 4 styles:  2004 Mercury Grand Marquis 4dr Sedan shown

17 city / 25 hwy

Overall

Classy classic comforts the consumer

by Glenda from Westville, NJ | May 29, 2014

This is the 3rd Mercury Grand Marquis we've owned and I'd buy a new one in a New York minute at full price if they were still being made. Drives almost effortlessly, glides over the road, with lots of room for big or tall folks, but easily adjustable driver's side seat controls for a short slight woman like me. I admit I'm a picky perfectionist who does lots of research on major purchases. Many owners keep the car in tip top shape and are just as fussy as I am about maintenance and care. Don't let published consumer reliability ratings override all the plusses of the 2004 model year. Any repairs are probably already done if buying at a dealership or only cost a few hundred to fix otherwise. Very comfortable, classy and reliable, even for a short person.

Awesome car!

by Jon from Livonia, NY | April 8, 2014

This is the 5th Panther Platform car I have owned. These cars are rock solid reliable and actually get better gas mileage than you might think. On a long trip you can tickle 30mpg. They are also very easy and inexpensive to work on. That coupled with a lot of interior room and amazing crash test ratings makes for a no brainer family vehicle.

2004 floats like a cloud

by mercuryman from INDIAN MILLS , N.J. | January 18, 2014

great car. bought the ultimate edition 46000 miles in Dec 2013. car is beautiful to look at light blue w dark blue roadster roof. the air ride makes the car float like a cloud. fuel consumption is what I would expect [had 3 panther platforms before].bought this car to replace my 06 crown vic that suddenly started making engine noise at 87000 mi. like the traditional look. doesn't look like a wedge or an egg or some other JUNK. the simulated wood steering wheel is an elegant touch. hope it gives me years of reliability like these cars are known to do. sorry ford stopped making them.

PREMIER AUTO HAUS!!!!!

by Jerémiah from | July 6, 2013

I recently financed this vehicle from Premier Auto Haus in Downers Grove, Illinois. The service I received from this dealership was unbelievable! These guys are a big help! This car is very reliable, comfortable and has great performance! Highly recommend this for the business type consumer. Excellent car!

Excellent used car vaule

by DRJJJ from NW | June 13, 2013

Find a 2003 or newer owned and taken good car of by elderly with low miles for $5k -6k now and avg 20 mpg, low maintenance and parts cost, upscale, quiet, smooth, safe and low cost of ownership! Easy one of the best used car values now!

GOD's blessing

by Still drvng '86,'91 from Bradenton, FL | September 12, 2012

Us2 hv been so blessed! Our current car has 250,00+ mls( '91). Carefully carried for is the Main key to longevity. Just prchsd '04 Mercury Marqui>>>100,000 mlg !! Beautiful is not enough to say! Praying w/caring this will be a very long relationship! ( - ; Blsd owner

Last of the Big Cars-10 million sold

by 1st used car from jackson, ms | September 26, 2011

Found the car on Cars.com . It was located about 20 miles from me. Also, found comparable car in same area but with another dealship, made negoiating a lot easier.

Great Used Car Value

by Walt from FL | July 2, 2011

This car is a great used car value, I found one with 50k miles end of 2010 for under $7k. One issue with car was originally what was thought to be noisey tires, ended up being axle replacement due to seal and bearing damage, these cars are known to have this problem, (it was a $450 repair). Run fingers on inside of rear wheel if you find grease could potentially be a problem.

nice ride

by gwt1001 from wichita falls | February 6, 2010

i really like the car. i found a clean one with low mileage and its like new. its comfy, good looking, and it moves. i would like different wheels though.

Best car for the money

by Joe from Pittsburgh, PA | June 26, 2008

I bought my 04 Grand Marquis LS used in 2005 with about 17000 miles on it, and since it just turned 75000 miles, I feel I can give and honest opinion of the car. It's comfortable for short or long trips. No major repairs or breakdowns - even the brakes are original. It's still tight, no rattles. Gas mileage is a solid 17 around town and 26-28 on the open road. Not bad for a large car. Merc specifies semi-synthetic oil but since I change it myself, I switched to full synthetic oil after the first change. The transmission fluid was changed at 65000 miles. There are no driving issues and the car still looks and drives like new. I've read some other reviews and I have experienced and corrected some of the minor problems the reviewers mentioned. Engine noise - I experience a high level of engine noise that turned out to be 2 broken catalytic converters. Both were covered by the 80,000 mile manufacturers warranty. I also found that this engine and all other engines will run quieter and more fuel efficiently with a top-oil fuel additive with every fill-up. I've not been a fan of additives, but this one actually worked. Squeaking from the front end - a little grease applied to the adjustable hood bumpers cures this problem. Stiff ride - Mercury redesigned the suspension of the shock and coil spring version of the GM in 2003 and the ride is much stiffer than previous years. Some will appreciate the "sports car'" feel, but not me. I decided to replace the original rear shocks and front struts with aftermarket replacements and the results were good. Some brands of tires are made for the larger cars and advertise a softer ride. Don't be tempeted to soften the ride by running less than 32-35 PSI in your tires. The car handles better with fully inflated tires and the gas mileage is also better. Sagging rear end - Four large adult passengers and a trunk full of luggage made the rear end sag more than I wanted, so I replaced the rear coil springs with a "variable rate" coil spring that doubles the weight carrying capacity (1200 lbs vs 600 lbs) while giving me a good ride. I liked the new coil springs so well that I also installed them on my wife's Chevy Venture van and eliminated the troublesome air leveling shocks. I will have my Grand Marquis for a long time.

Featured Services for this Mercury Grand Marquis