2009 Mercury Grand Marquis

See Photos & Videos

Overall

CAN'T BEAT THE VALUE

by keitz from FRAMINGHAM,MA | April 14, 2014

I have three GRAND MARQUIS. A 2004 WITH 143K, A 2006 WITH 29K AND A 2009 WITH 52K. ALL three worth every penny . Cant beat the ammenities you get with this car compared to other cars in the same price range. The comfort and ride quality is top notch. we get 18-19 mpg around town and 25 on the highway. Too bad Ford has stopped making them. Very reliable and roomy. i will admit the styling is a little outdated,but the good point outweight the looks.

BEAUTIFUL MISERY

by MercuryMan123 from chattanooga tn | February 24, 2014

Love the room inside the car. Very little road noise. Plenty of power. Noisy engine problem that dealership could not identify. Bushing go bad quickly that made the car squeak around every turn. Drinks gas in the city. Watch how you take a curve because it tends to rock one way. The heat/air changed intermittently from defrost to floor to vent. Display lights on the heat/air did not work on 2 features. Took a long time for the heater to get hot. We kept this car taken care of. Had the maintenance schedule to the "T". Got rid of it today before it left us on the road.

Best Car, Love It..!

by Proactive Driver from Albany New York | January 8, 2014

I've had Cadillacs, Big Buicks and Big Oldsmobiles and even a Town Car.. I really love my Grand Marquis. Purchased it in May of 2009, no problems ever. Smooth, quiet ride, silky drive train, really love the climate control system and the perfect drivers seat for me ( over 6 foot tall and 250 ) The car glides along effortlessly on the expressway, give it a little gas and it will rear up and take off with still plenty of get up and go to spare..! It has a very solid feel and is really well made and very sturdy. I am confident that it will always start no matter what the outside conditions are or how cold it is. The car has just about 25,000 miles on it and it gets better and better with age. The trunk is huge and accomodating for lots of luggage. I cant say enough positive, I'm keeping this car forever, I wish they still made them. I do wish the factory sunroom and the floor mount shifter were still available in 2009, but that's no biggie, LOVE MY CAR..!

Sweetest, smoothest ride ever

by scrapiron from Ohio | May 10, 2013

Bought my 1st GM after looking at Cadillac, MB and Buick. I wanted to buy Ford because of the bailout of other car companies. I'm 56 and I don't care if it is a "old person's" car, my 2009 GM Ultimate Edition is sweet!!! It has every factory bell & whistle I want. I owned a Deville back in the 90's and it dosen't compare to this sweetheart of a dream riding car. The ride is excellent and very comfy on long trips. I see those other folks my age getting out of their little boxes at the rest stop and they look like they have been on the road for days. I hop out, do my business and get back in for the rest of the ride, enjoying it all the time. I got it for $12,500 with 32,000 miles on it. I just wish Ford never did away with it. It is a reall y nice car. I expect many years with it. The Jeep I have with 175000 on it will go to my Grandaughter. I expect the GM to last longer after reading these great reviews.

Affordable, all options, best value I could find.

by Killer from Middle East Alabama | September 1, 2012

The Tires was matched for the car. Excellent gas mileage for a muscle engine. The automatic Temp control is a plus. Has many extras and the interior is what you expect from a high end vehicle. Has a comfortable smooth ride even on uneven pavement. The overall car performance is second to non in this price range. I can't think of any option that I would need that is not on it from the factory. The Ultimate Edition Mercury Marquis is the way to go, if you want a real deal. Thank you.

Don't buy it if you are younger than 60

by Donald Jackob from Saudi Arabia , Dammam | March 11, 2011

This car is a piece of the past , a history if you are a young man / woman don't you ever think to own one of these ... How could ford/mercury / Lincoln still produce this kind of vehicles nowadays without any remarkable change since 1998?? 13 years with the same things! it's comfortable but on the highways very noisy if you are driving 50 mph you could hear the air noise from outside

Love My Big Mercury

by Shamrock from S W PA | October 26, 2010

Fuel milage 30% better than my old Buick. It has much better ride and it is an all around better car; more stylish and more comfortable.

Fine Vehicle

by Car Fan from Maryland from Baltimore | August 21, 2009

Rented one as my wheels for business has become unreliable for long distance trips. In a nutshell for four days of driving: 1250 miles, 25.5 hours behind the wheel and 24.9 average mpg (stats courtesy of onboard computer). It was nice to hear the purr of the V8 and get used to RWD. The car was comfortable and the ride was fine. One nuance: twice while sitting at redlights the car bucked; I thought both times I'd been hit in the rear... Regardless, I enjoyed the vehicle and am sorry to see these land yachts disappear from the line ups of Ford and Lincoln-Mercury.

Big car with nice ride

by traveler from | November 20, 2008

I have owned a 2009 Grand Marquis LS for 10 months. I love the ride on long trips. I often use E85 in it and can average between 14 to 20 mpg with it. I get about 20 to 26 mpg with gas. The mpg with both gas and E85 depends on how you drive the car. I will buy another one in the future.

strongest car feeling

by bob from florida | November 4, 2008

car rides very nice, has more than enough power. Excelent fuel econ for a car this size. At 70 miles an hour, engine turning at 1800 rpm. Ought to last a long time

Featured Services for this Mercury Grand Marquis