Mercury's Grand Marquis is a six-passenger, rear-wheel-drive sedan with a V-8 engine and traditional body-on-frame construction. The Grand Marquis competes with other full-size sedans such as the Chevrolet Impala, Chrysler 300 and Buick Lucerne.
New for 2009
There are no significant changes from the 2008 model.
Lightweight hydroformed steel sections are used for the front rails of the full-perimeter frame. Measuring 212 inches long overall, the Grand Marquis rides a 114.6-inch wheelbase, stands 56.3 inches tall and 78.3 inches wide. It is the longest and widest of its competitors, and is very similar in height.
- Standard 17-inch wheels
- Standard full-size spare tire
The Grand Marquis has a standard front bench seat and a rear bench seat, seating six. Six-way power-adjustable driver and front passenger seats with leather are optional, as is a leather and wood steering wheel with audio and climate controls.
- 20.6 cubic feet of trunk space; larger than that of competitors
- Trunk liftover height of 26.8 inches
- Standard keyless entry via a fob or door keypad
- Optional heated seats
Under the Hood
The Grand Marquis is powered by a 224-hp, 4.6-liter V-8 that makes 275 pounds-feet of torque.
- Engine can run on E85 ethanol fuel
- Rear-wheel drive
- Four-speed automatic transmission
- Power rack-and-pinion steering includes speed-dependent variable assistance
Standard safety features include:
- Four-wheel antilock brakes with electronic brake-force distribution
- Traction control
- Side-impact airbags
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Mercury Grand Marquis
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.