2010 Mercury Grand Marquis

16 city / 24 hwy

Overall

Recent purchase

by Grandpa from Tucson, az | April 24, 2014

Just bought car at blue book price ,very low miles, nice styling, big and roomy,big trunk , purchased from individual. Anticipating good service, loaded with accessories.

Love Grand Marquis

by Southern gal from Mississippi | April 4, 2014

This is my 5th Grand Marquis to own. I feel safer in this car than in the "new stuff." This car is marketed for senior citizens and I see a lot of them driven by us seniors. Maybe our experience tells us something! I am VERYsorry to see them discontinued. That is why I bought my last one because they were going to be discontinued and I wanted to have one.Three of the cars were used until we bought a newer one. One was involved in an accident in which the vehicle was totaled and the driver walked away without a scratch. They are very comfortable and I like not having all of the fancy stuff on the dashboard to distract you. The only reason I gave a 4 for reliability is I had trouble with my driver's window while the car was still under warranty. I took back to the dealer twice and they fixed it. When it happened again, it was out of warranty and Ford Motor Company would not pay to fix it. I had to pay. The dealer did his best to help me so I am grateful for that. I never had any trouble with the other Grand Marquis I owned. You would think Ford would appreciate my loyalty, but didn't. I hope Ford realizes they need to make this car again so when I need to replace my current one I can get one.

BEST CAR EVER!!!

by Grateful and Alive! from | October 8, 2012

**MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS** This vehicle though quite large by today's standards is a MIRACLE CAR! It's stylish, spaciously comfortable, provides great performance and it's extremely reliable....and above all SAFE!! I'm extremely disappointed to see it discontinued. I truly feel it's a HUGE MISTAKE. For the price, it's an excellent vehicle in every respect. Recently, my family and I had an accident in one of these beauties. It was a front end collision and the vehicle was completely totaled. In fact, the impact was so severe that even the police officers were astonished that all of us had survived! I tell you that had we suffered the same accident in a different vehicle, I wouldn't be writing this review right now! Yes, it's a tank, but that's what saved our lives. Had we been in one of those tiny tots you increasingly see on the road today, we'd be dead!!!! We are all extremely sorry to see this car go. So all you Mercury owners out there...take care of your babies so they last and they'll take good care of you. Enjoy!

Love That Grand Marquis

by Mercury lover from Wilmington DE. | January 23, 2012

One of the best cars I ever owned. Most car for the buck. Where can you buy a fully loaded 2010 model car including leather with less than 25000 miles in the $16000.00 price range. This is the second car I purchased. It is a shame Ford discontinued the Mercury line.

I love big American Cars

by Labor Cons. from Hanford, CA. | October 31, 2011

No one wants to buy a big American car anymore, rear wheel drive, big V-8, but I couldn't pass up the deal; for 17,300 I got a good dependable car with about 16K miles on it and a 23K factory waranty. Yes it is not as economical as the other Fords or foreign cars, but I wanted something confortable and safer. It is not as big as my 2002 Suburban, but if I ever get into an accident I beleive the survivor rate would be higher. They don't make these cars anymore and would buy another one for my wife; still pending on that but she likes her 2003 Hyundai with 140k miles on it since its a little smaller to drive.

Couldn't Ask for Better

by St. Augustine Resident from St. Augustine, FL | September 21, 2011

I'll take body on frame any day having been in a severe accident. The sedan is a classic. No, it's not everyone's desire, but if you are looking for value for money, this is it! Great ride, great room, and built for travel.

Mercury Grand Marquis

by On the Road from Minneapolis | March 22, 2011

I am on the road constantly for business, driving about 40,000+ miles a year. I am pushing 60 years old and over weight so I want a car that is comfortable, smooth, and quite. I have owned and rented a number of cars over the years, and I find that the rear wheel drive cars seem to be a smoother and quieter ride than the front wheel drive. I have driven the Chevy Impala which seemed to be a nice car, but was not as smooth and the Grand Marquis. I drove a 2002 Cadillac Deville which was a nice car, good on fuel, but the 2005 Lincoln Town Car I purchased after it was smoother and more comfortable. It was not as good on fuel as the Cadillac. I got about 22 MPG in the summer and 20 MPG in the winter. I just purchased the Grand Marquis instead of a Lincoln or Town Car, because of price. My biggest complaint on the Grand Marquis is they have not changed the body style for a number of years, I have a 99 Grand Marquis that looked the same as my 2010. After driving a car for 4 years and having over 200,000 miles on them, there is not much trade in value, no matter which car you have. I hear they are discontinuing the Town Car and the Grand Marquis, I am sorry to hear this. I guess the market they are going after is not the OLD FAT MAN. After driving the Grand Marquis, I do miss the prestige you get driving a Cadillac or Lincoln over a Grand Marquis. In about 3 ½ years when the Grand Marquis hits over 200,000 miles, I will probably look for something like a Lincoln Town Car if they still make one. We have to pay for our vanity.

Love it, Love it, Love it.

by Jim from Orange County, CA from Orange county, CA | January 20, 2011

I'll start by saying I've owned one Toyota in my life and it was a joke/biggest scam ever perpetrated on this country. Having said that I just love big American cars! And I've had them all, over the years. Have been driving Ford and Chevy trucks for quite a while now, and in the midst of that series of vehicles, I had a Cadillac Deville. I decided to buy the Mercury because I wanted another car in the family. We already had a Tahoe for the wife and just didn't need another truck. So I started searching around looking for a certified Grand Marquis. I found one with 12,000 miles on it and purchased it for 16K a few months ago. Great deal to say the least!!! I put a Ford extended warranty on it and I am now covered bumper to bumper for 7 years and 100,000 miles and all with $0 co-pay at the dealer. The car is very comfortable, quiet, and reliable. And yeah, I get the comments about how it looks like a cop car, etc., but then I ask them about how realiable their foreign car is, and that's when the truth comes out...seems the foreign dealer repair shops are filled with cars needing to be repaired. The truest mark of a good vehicle is how many were produced and how many are still on the road...I know these were produced by the millions, and I know there's nothing out there to replace the cop cars/taxis, that have the reliability of these vehicles. So I drive around with my rear wheel drive, V8 powered, comfortable cruiser knowing that I'll always be able to get parts and reasonable repair costs when needed. Laugh all you want but I have a V8 and lots of power and terriffic mileage. And to add to that happiness my car's a 2010 and it's completely paid for!!

A blast from the past!

by Guy from Philadelphia, PA | January 11, 2011

I was given one of these as a rental while my vehicle was being repaired. I have always had something against domestic vehicles with their terribly cheap looking and feeling interiors and bland exterior styling and this Grand Marquis didn't do anything to change my mind. When I got in the car, I couldn't believe I was sitting in a 2010 model vehicle. The interior looks like it was designed in 1992. I was seriously blown away at how the dashboard, gauge cluster, and every switch inside the vehicle looks like it's from a car at least 15 years old. Anyone who has this car and doesn't agree with me should step inside any import car of the same class and prepared to impressed (even other domestic cars would be better). Also, the radio in this car is a joke. It's probably something out of the old parts bin down at the factory. While the car gets terrible mileage, I'm not going to take anything away from it because most cars of this size do the same and while driving it I managed to squeeze over 24mpg on the highway (according to the mpg gauge) The exterior of the vehicle feels like the same thing that's been done over and over by ford/mercury and with the cars lincoln has been producing lately, you couldn't tell they're the same company. The positive thing I can say about this car is that it's more roomy and comfortable than my car but that's not saying much. My father has a 2007 Buick Lucerne that is much nicer looking and comfortable than this 2010 Gran Marquis even though neither are my cup of tea. The Grand Marquis is definitely the roomier one of the two, though.

Feels like driving a battleship.

by Stunzeed from Washington State | December 23, 2010

My 7 Series BMW was in a minor traffic accident and I was given a 2010 Grand Marquis LS as a loaner. I can honestly say I don't like anything about the car. The seats feel like leather covered marshmellows. The steering seems to have lag from when you give it inputs. The brakes feel very squishy and the car "floats" from time to time. I feel very disconnected from the road and get no pleasure whatsoever from driving it. It's interior creature comforts leave a lot to be desired and the exterior is just awful. It just feels like a car my grandfather would/should drive.....and perhaps that's who it's marketed to. With all due respect to other reviewers, this car DOES NOT compare in any way other than size to 7 Series BMW. The BMW even gets better fuel economy. Perhaps I was given a bad one, but it only had 15k miles on it, but I wouldn't recommend this vehicle to anyone. I gave it a 5 on reliability because it started every time I asked it to.

Featured Services for this Mercury Grand Marquis