2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid

Available in 2 styles:  2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Better than Advertised!

by X-Honda owner from Connecticut | May 28, 2008

I am a previous Honda owner- traded in my 2006 Rdigeline pick-up (15mpg) I have owned my AWD for 4 weeks now. Never got below 29.9 mpg, got up to as much as 32.1 mpg...yes on the AWD. Average MPG is 30.1 after 6 fill ups. Very comfotable, nimble, it's a hit. Excellent Vehicle! The only oversight on Ford's part: Could use a bigger glove box and more storage.

Outstanding value and mileage

by Scubby from Portland, OR | March 26, 2008

I have had this car for almost a year and have 13K miles on it. No matter how I drive it, I average 30 mpg's...city, highway, mixed. This SUV offers the best value, mpg, and features for your money. While not a "luxury" SUV, it is very well equipped and nicely appointed. Anyone considering a small-midsize wagon or SUV should look at this one...Perhaps the only drawback is it's inability to tow...

Nice car for the price

by No more minivans from Burlington, Vt | December 31, 2007

I really wanted to do my part and purchase a hybrid. After extensive research I settled on the 2008 Mariner. I have been very pleased. It's a fun car, nice size, very comfortable. The gas mileage can really differ depending on the type of driving you do. It really gets high twenties almost 30 in the city. On back country Vermont roads however, I can average in the forties sometimes fifties. Mileage in the winter is not as good, low 20's, as the gas engine kicks in more frequently in temperatures below 30 degrees. It has had a few quirks, doors that lock themselves when they are not supposed to, a sticky rear lift gate, etc. But nothing serious. I love the interior design except the placement of the windshield wiper controls which are awkward. People stop me and ask about the car a lot. I tell them I love it and to check one out.

We love the car but the GPS does not work

by Neetsie from Boulder, CO | December 26, 2007

Evidently no one has checked this or uses their GPS. The voice is unintelligible and sounds like Oscar in the garbage car when it names streets. The dealership has not been able to repair it after 3 tries. At first, Ford basically acted as if we were crazy, and told us we could try to get a second opinion, but the service manager checked his Lincoln and found out it has the same problem. We were not pleased with the response from Ford. We're still waiting to hear from the dealership. The business is a service business and we are in the field most days and wanted a working GPS to assist with service calls, especially to new addresses.

Good Value

by James from Florida | October 22, 2007

This is a good small Hybrid for the money. Fuel economy could be a wee bit better given what the Mariner costs. I think these new Hybrids are the first, within 7 years all cars will have to be Hybrids

Glad I have it, but some quibbles

by New Hybrid Owner from Rochester, NY | May 17, 2007

I'm pleased that I bought the Mariner Hybrid - the mileage is wonderful and "utility" of the SUV is great, but there are some things I wish were different. First - no traction or stability control. Toyota manages to include these in their hybrids - so should Ford. Second, the seats are just not very comfortable. I'm of average height, but the seat cushions are not long enough - I feel like I'm perched on a padded stool. Third, the soundproofing is better than previous models, but it is inadequate. Road noise at highway speeds is louder than it should be. Fourth, the "audiophile" sound system sounds great a slow speeds, but does not compensate for road noise. Fifth, I wish that it had Xenon or at least better headlights. Last, there is a lot of fancy chromed plastic in the cabin, which should have had a satin finish - it's blinding when the sunlight hits it! All of this being said, I'd buy the car again - nobody else makes an SUV Hybrid, let alone one with these features. It is a decent, if unexciting, drive, and the gas mileage is great.

Featured Services for this Mercury Mariner Hybrid