2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid

Available in 2 styles:  2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Mariner Hybrid

by WS from Fitchburg, MA | October 10, 2012

Owned the Mariner since May of '09. Wanted a full size comfotable vehicle with good mileage. With 31000 miles, the lifetime average is 37 mpg. It averages over 40 mpg in the sprng/summer/autumn. No issues with it.

Hybrid Marinier

by averge joe from Springfiled VA | April 30, 2012

Amazing perfmance, getting better miliage than EPA rating since I am a light footed driver. Power of v-6 when needed. Seat needs better lumbard support.

Solid, Everyday Vehicle

by Illini Guy from Chicagoland, IL | October 28, 2011

I've owned my '09 Mariner Hybrid since March '09. It has been reliable, with literally no repair issues other than changing oil, wipers, etc. It's comfortable, though it could use a few more features (e.g. garage door opener), and has been very economical. Fuel economy in the Chicago area averages around 34-35 mpg summer and 27-28 mpg winter for my AWD version, which is really good.

So far--so good!

by Zippy from Dallas,TX | February 16, 2010

I've owned my Mariner Hybrid for a week now, and love the vehicle! It is getting over 32 mpg, and has plenty of power for merging in city traffic. The Sync/Navigation system is very user-friendly. The only drawback I have found so far is the engine noise is louder than I expected.

Great Hybrid!

by JT from St. Paul, MN | October 8, 2009

My wife wanted something fuel efficient and I wanted something bigger than the sedan I was driving. After looking at all the comparable vehicals we settled on the Mariner Hybrid. I've had the Mariner for almost a month now and I absolutely love it! I've been averaging about 28 MPG so far but I haven't yet mastered hybrid driving technique (gaining speeed slowly so the electirc engine is used to its fullest). The ride is very smooth and there is very little road noise in the cabin. There is plenty of acceleration for my needs, and I'd say I have a fairly heavy foot. My favorite features are the Sync system and the navigation system. Being a bit of a "techie" I've been haveing non-stop fun using the voice-activated Sync system to change the audio and so forth. Also the navigation system has come in very handy, getting me to an afternoon tee time at a random golf course on time. The only negatives that I've notices are that there seems to be a slightly restricted rear-view although perhaps this is common with suv's. Also, because of the higher ride and narrow frame I find myself moving slower in corners although the Mariner has a system to help keep the vehicle stable. All in all it has been a great ride so far! Highly recommended!

What a great vehicle!

by hybridmariner from Pittsburgh, PA | September 24, 2008

I've owned this for one week, avg 37mpg for first tank. I'm very impressed with mileage and the quality, ride and comfort of car. The navigation system is awesome, coupled with sync and sirius it's a terrific combination. Good power for a 4cylinder.

Featured Services for this Mercury Mariner Hybrid