2005 Mercury Mariner

Available in 6 styles:  2005 Mercury Mariner 4dr FWD Sport Utility shown

Overall

Very Dependable

by EastIowa from Cedar Rapids, IA | July 9, 2014

I bought my 2005 Mariner Premier 4WD from my dad last year at 223,000 miles and it has been a great vehicle. I'm about to hit 230,000 miles and although I've had to take care of some issues due to lack of routine maintenance (Dad's kind of a cheapskate), it has been better than expected. Started every time this winter and this was a particularly cold winter. did very well on the snow even with not much tread left on these tires. handles very well on gravel. very nimble and handles like a car. gets about 16-17 City/23-24 Highway. Have gotten as good as 28 mpg consistently going roughly 57 mph on highway. I love the heated mirrors, they even work well with drying the rain off them in summer. Due to age and lots of use, the heated driver seat doesn't work nor do the parking sensors but both could be fixed. still had original brakes and axle seals (replaced since then) when I bought it. Power steering fluid had never been changed (was thicker than engine oil but taken care of now). Have read reviews of these going into the 300,000 mile range and I have no doubt mine can do it too. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone

Best car ever! Why did Ford stop making these?

by akeehn from Indiana | May 27, 2014

I purchased a 2005 Mariner in 2007 and I still own it and drive it 60+ miles every day. I have almost 190,000 miles on it and it still works as good as the day I bought it. We have never had any significant maintenance problems. Every single button, lever, knob, etc works perfectly. I have maybe put $2,000 in replacement parts, etc in it over the 7 years that I have owned it, as well as just routine oil changes/tire rotation every 5,000 miles. You absolutely cannot beat this car! Nothing seems to stop it - at this point I am curious to see just how long it will last...

One of the Best we have Owned

by Mariner Fan from Palm Bay, FL | August 10, 2010

We bout this as a used vehicle w/ minimal milage. Now w/ almost 90,000 miles I can say this has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned! I have had Hondas and Chevrolets in the past but this is hands down a GREAT SUV. Hopefully when the time comes to replace her there will be a 2010 w/ low miles! Hopefully!

Awesome you'll love it

by sportsgirl04 from | November 23, 2009

Silver with black leather... yes my first car the best car i have ever haddd:] I was so excited the day i walked outside and saw a beautiful Mariner in front of my house with a bow on it. All i know is that if you WILL love yours too.

LOVE MY MARINER

by BlueEyes43 from Clintondale, NY | June 24, 2009

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY BLACK MERCURY MARINER!!! IT'S VERY STYLISH, COMFORTABLE, HAS MANY GREAT FEATURES, HANDLES VERY WELL, WAS A GREAT DEAL, AND MY TEENAGE DAUGHTER LOVES IT TOO. I'M SOOO GLAD THAT I BOUGHT IT!!!

Great Car -- Don't know why no one knows!!

by Family Man Engineer from Washington DC | April 25, 2009

I bought a 2005 2WD Mariner for my wife for commuting and hauling Kids and Dogs. Big enough to haul it all, small enough that you can handle a mall parking lot. Very reliable and fun to drive. Bought 2008 4WD when my old car died. (My wife got the new car, I took hers!) AWD runs great in snow and on the beach. Hard to beat for the money.

Oh yeah

by powersthatb from Hartford, WI | May 1, 2007

I just bought a 2005 Mariner Premier 2 weeks ago and im and just loving it. Excellent rating for consumer reports. Good Value for the money I got a super deal on it. Can't wait to take it up north.

This car is fantastic

by Mariner Fan from Chicago, IL | May 18, 2006

I upgraded to the Mariner because I was tired of not being able to see the road in my sports car, the Mariner is like driving around in a sun room. It is very comfortable for long distance driving, and gas mileage is great for this class of vehicle. Go for the extra options, they are cheap and worth it. This SUV is much cooler and more quality than the Escape.

Featured Services for this Mercury Mariner