2007 Mercury Mariner

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Excellent Choice!

by Happy Customer from Elizabethtown, Ky | August 13, 2013

Very pleased with this vehicle! Best review I can write is that it was the safest vehicle to be in during a collision. Was hit at a rate higher than 65 mph that totaled both my vehicle and the vehicle that crashed into mine (a brand new Ford F150). My car was hit at passenger's door and front wheel. The wheel laid down flat, the frame was bent and items within the engine were damaged, however this Mercury handled the impact well, it did not roll over and all airbags functioned perfectly. Both parties in my Mercury walked away with NO damage other than pulled muscles and concussions due to smacking heads (only suggestion to Mercury is to put side airbags in seats on both sides of seat and not just side by windows). We were so pleased with the performance of this vehicle prior to the accident that we will be getting another Mercury Mariner to replace it. Side notes on the MM: -great performance and okay gas mileage. -road noise is louder in the vehicle than other SUV's -a lot of space as well as comfort

Little known exceptional value for the money

by Careful Husband from Dallas, TX | August 16, 2011

My wife and I bought a 2007 Mercury Mariner after driving a 2010 rental in San Antonio Texas. We were so impressed by the rental that we specifically looked for one when we got back to Dallas. We love the leather interior, the very peppy, but fuel efficient v6, and the all wheel drive which provides great peace of mind. Our only complaints are 1) relatively high road noise compared to the BMW we replaced and 2) no outside temperature sensor. Other than that we love it. We bought ours with 103,000 miles on it and there are no fluid leaks or unusual noises, overall it seems like a very very well built vehicle. It's the first Ford we've ever owned and we're hooked, we'd gladly own another.

Worth the Money

by Ras from Virginia | November 2, 2010

I purchased this Mariner Premier used. Replaced major parts because it was not well taken care of by previous owner. I'm on the road a lot. I love the comfort and the pick up speed. The Gas Mileage is expected of a V6, 3.0 liter engine. Averaging about 150 miles when gauge is at half tank at fill up. Could potentially go about 300 to 330 miles on a full tank, I guess. Sound is not bad at all. Has a 6 CD changer that also reads MP3 files. The only thing I would have loved on this car would be an exterior temperature reader and an AUX input for Ipods/Zunes or other MP3 player devices. But I heard I can get and FM Transmitter to take care of that. Have not tried yet. Overall, I like this car. Its worth the money. And I recommend it.

Zippy and reliable

by card trick from up north in Minnesota | March 31, 2010

This vehicle has great pickup. It's pretty comfortable for a SUV. Visibility is good. It's the perfect size for us. There's plenty of room for all our stuff. Gas mileage is good. We get over 23 miles to the gallon. We bought the vehicle used a few months ago and are more than satisfied.

fantastico

by MrFlood from | September 23, 2009

The Mercury Mariner boasts a smooth leather steering wheel, which is slick but not slippery. The driver is able to slide his hand around the outer rim of the wheel, but close his hand and feel the ridged grip on the inner lip whenever making a turn. The other interior visuals include the dark, plastic-feeling substance that, though it looks like a black drought-ridden wasteland, feels very smooth and slick. The radio and air conditioning are way ahead of its time, and has unique buttons that look as though they belong on the control panel of a space ship. The outside of the car is a fierce gray-blue. The color of this car only echoes the sleek look that the inside of the car introduced. The wheel covers jet out just a bit to make the car look somewhat robotic, but they don’t interrupt the sleekness of the car. One doesn’t realize how large the car is until looking at it from a side view, which even then does not do full justice to the size of the car.

Mercury Mariner

by carrieacat from Jax fl | April 17, 2009

I bought this truck a month ago and i love her! Its just the right size and i love the interior black and cream leather. My v6 has a lot of get up and has decent gas mileage. The only thing is, the suede leather has to be treated with lots of care.

A Classy Compact SUV

by SUV enthusiast from Terre Haute, IN | February 27, 2008

The only complaint I have about my 2007 Mariner is the gas mileage. Sometimes, I think I can actually see the needle move on the gas gauge. Other than that, I think it's a classy, comfortable SUV.

Featured Services for this Mercury Mariner