2008 Mercury Mariner

Available in 6 styles:  2008 Mercury Mariner 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Love it...

by jo from Vernal. Utah | September 4, 2013

First new car I've ever bought. I love it, I get so many compliments on it. Nice looking, comfort, and sporty.

Window Design Flaw

by ATX Driver from Austin, TX | June 29, 2012

I have had this car less than four years. In the last 6 months, two of the power windows have broken. For both of these, the motor did not break, but a small piece of plastic holding a wire to the motor did. Unfortunately, this did not break and leave the window closed; instead, when it broke, the window went down and would not raise. The repair cost was close to $300 per window. When the first window broke, I chalked it up to a chance problem. However, when the exact same thing happened to a second window, I asked to see the part and realized it was a design flaw. This is particularly troubling because I rarely, if ever, have passengers, and I honestly cannot recall if any of the windows, other than the driver's, has ever been used. After the second window, I contacted the Ford Motor Company, and they told me that, because the three year warranty had expired, there was nothing they were obligated to do. Further, they stated that, if a third window broke in the next few months, they would still not admit a flaw in the manufacture of the car nor offer me any compensation.

Excellent

by Joe meckmandal from N.Y | July 30, 2010

Just Everything Excellent I Would Keep It Forever Love It And I Would Not Sell It Or Trad With Any Other SUV My 08 Mariner Is The Best ..

Love my mariner

by Just want reliablity, style and safety from Oklahome | May 4, 2010

I am a grandmother of 12. I wanted a car for me comfortable to run errands and haul grandchildren in a safe car. I mostly bought it on safety features (Side air bags and roll bar) plus I thought it was sporty but stylish. Mine is red. I would buy another Mariner in a minute if I need a new car.

Best Small SUV I've Owned

by SUV Auto Enchusiast from Mesa, AZ | September 20, 2009

This vehicle is the best SUV for the money and value that I've ever owned. It has the size to hold four adults pluse four golf bags without any over-crowding.

I LOVE my Mariner!!!

by JD from Wichita, KS | February 16, 2009

I had read that the Mariner/Escape have been rated very reliable for small SUV's and so far that had been right. I love the features on my '08 Mariner Premier, including the backup sensors, 6 disc CD changer, leather/suede seats, dual climate control, etc. I wish Mercury would put a different type of tire on this vehicle, because it does seem like there is a lot of tire noise at highway speeds. I learned to get used to it. There is lots of room in the backseats and its great to put my 2 giant dogs in the back because the seats fold flat, making a large cargo space. Gas mileage is very good for a V6 SUV. I drove a few hundred miles of highway and was getting almost 26 mpg. Around town I tend to drive pretty hard and I average about 20mpg.

LOVE IT !LOVE IT!

by A NEW 16 YR OLD DRIVER from KY | October 16, 2008

i am a new 16 yr old driver. my mom and dad bought me a brand new mercury mariner premier. with the new alloy wheels, leather and heated seats, with the heated mirrors, the works! it is completely loaded! i love it! iv always known that i was going to get a brand new car of my choice depending on safety. i expecially wanted the Lexus RX but after compared them the Mariner had it beat by a land slide! then i compared every every small suv, i wanted only a suv! the mariner had more for the money! i got a $27,000 vechile for $24,000! i was so excited! its am awsome ride, and drive! i get SOOO many Compliments on it! i love the ice blue lights on the interior and the popup window in the back! its an AMAZING SUV! i would recommond this to anyone!!!! over anythin!!!

nice american car

by joe from chicago illinois | April 17, 2008

rides fairly smooth for a short wheelbase suv, could use a less aggressive tire, but its pretty standard with all suv's. very roomy in back seats.....plenty cargo area. nice touch, getting rid of parking brake lever on console and putting it back on lower foot pedal, makes interior console much nicer. good gas mileage with six cylinder, regular gas. i wanted to buy an american named vehicle, and mercury came through just fine.

Love it!!

by Mother of 2 from Ohio | April 3, 2008

I was a little concerned about buying this vehichle based on another review I read about the vehicle being very noisy on the highway. I test drove it again, on the interstate and noticed no noise problems. I even drove with the moonroof open and actually thought it was a lot quieter than other vehicles I have had. It is a great family vehicle. With a 2 1/2 year old and one on the way we needed the extra space. We were debating between the Ford Escape and the Mercury Mariner and decided on the Mariner because we liked the look better and the price for the features. Definitely worth looking into, I have no regrets!

Love it

by Happy first time Mercury owner from Olathe,KS | March 26, 2008

I traded in my Expedition (which I bought new in 2000 and loved) I needed better gas mileage and I found it. It's hard to get used to the smaller size but it's fun to drive and I am much happier now that I am paying less than half of what i use to in gas!I Love my little car!

Featured Services for this Mercury Mariner