2009 Mercury Mariner

Available in 8 styles:  2009 Mercury Mariner 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Low Mileage Mariner

by Just the Facts from Fairfax, VA | August 11, 2014

So far it's been a great car. We first looked at Ford Escapes but found the Mariners had more features for the money. We bought a 4cyl. model which is fine. The v-6 model had way more power, great for merging with traffic. The 4cyl. is very very quiet on the highway. It can be a little load during hard acceleration. I was able to add a Class II trailer hitch which required not drilling for about $130.00. I paid $16,500. with 26,000. miles.

Versatile

by Commuter from Tacoma, WA | October 2, 2012

This car is comfortable, good looking, gets good gas mileage, and has enough room for gear. No major mechanical problems in three years of ownership.

so far, so good

by kst from Santa Ana, CA | January 30, 2012

Purchased in early Dec and so far, so good. Car is used for work and wkend travel. Have a mastiff and he has plenty of room.

One of the best values I've had

by Safety first from Kansas City, MO | October 25, 2011

The Marriner is a very solid car with features that are easy to use. The interior is user friendly and the leather interior is a very nice quality. I'm enjoying it so much. I do quite a bit of driving and I never dread driving my Marriner.

Not what i expected

by chicago from Chicago, IL | December 28, 2010

I've had the 2009 Mercury Mariner AWD for over a year. I was driving a 2008 Ford Escape before this one and thought they would be very similar but I was wrong I have been dissapointed in the reliability. The car has left me stranded twice for unexplained reasons, it wouldn't start and I had it towed to the shop. The first explanation was that i needed a new key, then the second reason was that my starter interfered with the security system. I was not happy, I've had numerous problems including interior malfunctions, very noisy brakes, windows, car lighter not working. All of this in just 18 months. When the car is working it feels great, except for the snow the AWD doesn't feel as good as when i had a Ford Escape. I wouldn't recommend this car.

Love this Mariner!

by Chilipepper from Howell, MI | July 27, 2009

I traded in a 2007 Honda CRV for the 2009 Mariner because the Honda was killing my back. I had the CRV EX-L which has everthing but navigation. For a top of the line vehicle, the seats are ridiculous because they are manual and have no adjustments for comfort. The electric seats on the Mariner are a dream come true. They are very comfy and I can chage seat positions on long trips and I no longer experience discomfort. I drive from Detroit to Chicago frequently and my legs would get numb and my rear end sore by the time the trip was over. My rear end felt like I had been sitting on a board. Kind of like the feeling you get when you buy the cheap seats on the Amtrak! I bought a loaded Mariner FWD I4 to save on gas. So far so good. It is getting about the same mileage as the CRV but is much more comfortable and has much better features for the price. I used to drive an AWD but it rarely ever kicked into AWD and gets less gas mileage. The Mariner has traction control which kicks in when you need it. So I'm saving money and mileage and I don't even miss AWD. Sync is so cool. I haven't learned all of the features yet, but the phone feature is great. Sound comes through your speakers and you can hear the other party very well. In summation, I am very pleased with this vehicle. I bought Ice Blue and love the color too. This vehicle is perfect for me and I will never buy another foreign car!

I like it

by JoJo from Lexington, KY | May 4, 2009

Though i had to get the microphone in the mirror replaced the first day i got it, i still love my vehicle. The only thing i find unsettling is the transmission but over all i love it, not one problem yet!

2009 Mariner Premier

by pmr from Weymouth, Ma | January 12, 2009

The 2009 Mercury Mariner is one of the best looking small suv's out there. I have had it for two weeks now and it is a beautiful car inside and out. The Navigation system w/Sync is probably the best system on the market. Bluetooth phones and i-pods work seamless with it and it's all hands free. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a small suv. Ford has finally stepped up to the plate and is making some very nice cars.

Featured Services for this Mercury Mariner