2010 Mercury Mariner

Available in 4 styles:  2010 Mercury Mariner 4dr FWD shown

Overall

DONT BUY THIS CAR!!

by Jenn from Summerville, SC | August 7, 2013

I bought my 2010 Mercury Mariner brand new. I have had nothing with problems with it. Most of which the warranty covered but now that it is expired I still have a car payment and thousand dollars of repairs! First thing that went out was my rear window that had to be replaced because it would no longer open or close. Then it was the rear view mirror that stayed in night mode. After that the drivers seat made a clicking noise when I would move it I got that fixed one time after warranty. A few months later it went out again! In which the dealership refused to fix saying that my warranty was expired. Which it was not because I paid over a thousand dollars to get a extended warranty. The next thing to go out was my lift gate that no longer opens. Now a thousand miles after the warranty expired I was driving with my young son and my car kept stalling out driving down the road.. To find out my throttle body went out! This is the worst car you can buy. Now I am stuck with a car payment and thousand dollars worth of repairs and ford will not do anything about it! Also stay away from getting you car fixed at ford I was paying them to do a so called "multi point" inspection and they were not even changing my air filter when I was paying for it! I also had them put a tow hitch on my car for a thousand dollars.. What a joke a teenager could wire it in better then they did.

Problems demand a recall

by Throttled bodied from St Louis | June 29, 2013

Car has a defective throttle body. Causes car to stall or to lose power. Mercury aka Ford is aware of this problem as it can,t keep up with demand for replacement part.Ford refuses to order recall.

Comfortable but Transmission Issues

by Car and Driver from Tennessee | June 5, 2013

Overall the car is comfortable to drive and is a smooth ride. Plenty of leg room for front and rear seat passengers. Good gas mileage for an SUV. However, the 2010 has power train issues and is prone to harsh engagements and stalling out on the interstate - so speeds around 70 miles an hour.

Better car then most

by Research from Fargo, ND | April 16, 2012

First of All decide if you want great or good MPG. 4vs6cly, I chose economy with the FWD 4cly. So far 21 in winter, 23 summer all in town. (I was getting 30 babying it in town/Hwy with 87oct 100% gas.) But at 75 to 80 mph you get 25mpg. It does well in winter 2-4in snow, I took it on a blizzard day and it drove fine, just drive slow, and have good tires. It slides a little where I used to do 360s with an old 4x4 jeep. The 6speed transmission gives a lite jerk which is supposed to be normal, but still weird from a new car. Had a CV seal go out with only 23K miles on it. warranty covered it but still mad about oil everywhere. I have some speaker problem (a wire) because the speaker sound gets distorted then will work fine. Took it in and ford replaced speaker but still cuts in and out. LOVE heated seats, feels so good on lower bad backs. That little engine heats up quickly even in winter. Dont like the blind spots that crossovers have. But having that second mirror in mirror really helps. Does not have power. Better then most 4cly cars but still great in town. I went for economy not performance.

My last 3 cars were Navigators.

by Pineknot from Jupiter, Florida | May 24, 2011

I bought this car new a year ago because I was concerned about rising gas prices. I've driven it round trip along the Smoky Mountains following the ridge South /North/South to the U. S. borders in 3 weeks on a road trip letting my teenage granddaughter perfect her driving ability. We've taken several other 2 tank trips over the past year. I have had no problems with it other than the automatic transmission feels like it should shift, but I have downsized from a V8 to a V6. I have yet to get over 25mpg, but I average 23.6 in local driving. I've used both regular and E85 (when I can get it). This has turned out to be a very dependable and comfortable car. No problem with steering wheel vibration. I find the center console too far back, but I thought that was because I needed the seat set so far forward. I don"t like the set up of the front cup holders. It is too easy for things to spill into the shift area.

Vibration

by Vince from Diamondhead, MS | March 15, 2011

On August 10, 2010, I brought a 2010 Mercury Mainer with 60 miles on the speed odometer for my mother On September 7, 2010 took the car into the dealership with vibration in the steer-wheel and antenna. They kept it for two days and explained they could not find the cause of the vibration and if it continues bring the car back. January 5, 2011 took the car into a different dealership; they claim it was the motor mounts. Claims the problem was resolved. January 7, 2011 called and explained the problem was still there. Took the back in, now I we are told that the car has a characteristic of vibration in the steering-wheel and antenna. Claims it is a characteristic of this car and like cars (Ford Escape). So now we have to deal with the vibration in the car. Yes we contacted Ford Motor and they came up with the same ruling. If you know of any Mercury Marnier that has viberation in the steering-wheel and antenna please let Cars.com know.

Curse of the Black Pearl

by Sparrow from Augusta, KS | May 4, 2010

We purchased a 2010 Mercury Mariner about a month ago. It handles fine, I like the way it looks and it is roomy enough to have passengers. The plastic around the drive shaft is cheap, warped or just doesn't meet together well. This was a 30,000 dollar vehicle and I am somewhat surprised at the shabbiness of some aspects of it. The silver painted plastic console is already scratched, the tray in the console for CD's, etc. is difficult to access (set to far back) and the sunglass holder would only hold "baby sunglasses)...it is much too small for regular adult size. The drivers right leg has no place to go if the car is in cruise and the seats proved to be hard on an out of town trip. My left leg was killing me by the time I arrived although it quickly recovered. I could live with all of this but, to my surprise, the car has been back to the dealer service repair shop twice now. This last time they have had it for five days and expect it to be a couple of more days. They finally found the problem. The drive chain in the transmission must be replaced. I also have issues with the needles on the gauges "jumping" and the lights on the dashboard will suddenly brighten and then dim again. This happens repeatedly. Is this a design flaw? A computer flaw? They tell me the needles jumping is normal behavior but they can't "duplicate" the dashboard lights suddenly flashing bright and so cannot repair that. Should a new car be having these issues? I think not. My first new car and i am worried I have a lemon.

LOVE MY MARINER

by FRANCESCA from | February 4, 2010

I PURCHASED MY NEW 2010 MARINER AND COULDN'T BE HAPPIER. IT IS QUIET, HANDLES BEAUTIFULLY, AND IS VERY, VERY COMFORTABLE. I HAVE THE 6 CYL. WITH AWD AND THE ENGINE IS SMOOTH AND IT NAVIGATES GREAT THROUGH THE WINTER SNOW. MY GAS MILEAGE AVERAGES ABOUT 16.5 IN THE CITY, BUT I EXPECT THAT TO IMPROVE ONCE I GET OUT ON THE X-WAY AND GET SOME MILES ON IT. I LOVE MY MARINER!!!

Featured Services for this Mercury Mariner