The Mercury Milan is related to the Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ and competes in the midsize sedan category against the Toyota Camry, Honda Accord and Buick LaCrosse. It's powered by either a 2.3-liter four-cylinder or a 3.0-liter V-6. The four-cylinder model is front-wheel drive only, but the V-6 models can be had with either front- or all-wheel drive. The Milan is Mercury's most-affordable model, but is billed by the automaker as upscale and expressive.
New for 2009
Electronic stability control is optional, and there's a new option package for the uplevel Milan Premier trim, called the VOGA series.
Design cues include a waterfall grille and trim with a satin-aluminum finish. The Milan measures 191.4 inches long, 72.2 inches wide and 57.2 inches tall. Compared with its competitors, it is shortest in height. It is longer and wider than the Camry, but smaller in both dimensions than the Accord and LaCrosse.
- Keyless entry keypad standard
- LED taillights standard
- 16- and 17-inch wheels
- Optional rear spoiler
- VOGA models have two unique colors: Tuxedo Black and White Suede
The Milan seats five passengers. Optional leather upholstery is complemented by wood trim. Two-tone leather-trimmed seating surfaces are optional. Also optional is a mood lighting system that illuminates the front and rear footwells and the front cupholders in violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange or red. The trunk can hold 15.8 cubic feet of cargo. Sirius Satellite Radio and a DVD-based navigation system with voice activation are optional. The optional Sync package synchronizes phones and other media devices and allows control of them with voice commands. An upgraded eight-speaker, six-disc audio system, as well as a power moonroof, are also optional. The VOGA series, available on the Premier, consists of Cashmere-colored leather-trimmed seats and door trim inserts, as well as chrome accent finishes in the interior. Standard features in the Milan include:
- AM/FM/CD/MP3 six-speaker audio system with auxiliary input jack
- Intermittent speed-sensitive windshield wipers
- Power windows and locks
- Heated side mirrors with security approach lamps
- Six-way power driver's seat with manual lumbar
- Manual tilt/telescoping steering column
- Cruise and audio controls on steering wheel
- 60/40-split rear seat with pass-thru for long items
- Flat-folding front passenger seat
Under the Hood
There is a choice between two engines for the Milan.
- 160-horsepower, 2.3-liter four-cylinder with 156 pounds-feet of torque
- 221-hp, 3.0-liter V-6 with 205 pounds-feet of torque
- Five-speed manual or five-speed automatic with four-cylinder
- Six-speed automatic on V-6 models
- V-6 models available with all-wheel drive
- Four-wheel disc brakes
A reverse-warning system that gives the driver an audible warning is optional, as is electronic stability control. Standard features include:
- Side-impact airbags for front seats
- Side curtain airbags for both rows
- Seat belt pretensioners
- Antilock brakes with brake-force distribution
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2009 Mercury Milan.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range