2011 Mercury Milan

See Photos & Videos

Overall

What a dud

by RemoRalph from Topeka, KS | January 12, 2013

First the transmission is rough to say the least. When first starting out cold weather or hot, it shifts like a 13 year old learning how to drive a manual transmission. Jerks and shifts so hard that the seat belt tensioners kick in. Have had it in and of course they cannot find anything. Even after the wrench light came on they could not find any problems. So do not expect a smooth transmission what so ever. Also when on the highway the transmission keeps hunting for the sweet spot. Set the cruise at 70mph and feel the transmission search up and down and jerk the car the whole time. The fan will not reach high fan setting when on auto mode. If you run it manually it will go up to the highest fan speed. Also window regulator went out at 39466 miles.............just outside the warranty period of course. LOL But that why warranty periods are what they are. It is a comfortable car to ride in and the gas mileage is very good for a V6. Spacious inside and the trunk is huge. It would be a good to very good car if the transmission was smooth, but this is a key part and you just can't ignore it. Don't take your chances, it is a design flaw and not something that can be fixed.

3rd Mercury I have owned.

by Merc Man. from Hammond,In. | April 30, 2012

Bought gently used,31000 mi. Comfortable-quick-looking good,so far.Fuel economy o.k,Pretty much a Ford Fusion,a bit more upscale.240 h.p. six has plenty of giddy-up, great brakes, would buy again in a minute.

First Ford product in 20 yrs

by Joshua from Michigan | December 11, 2011

after driving Dodge sports cars for 20 yrs..the Milan is a lot different...the build quality on the Milan is very good..fit and finish are good...ride is excellant...fuel economy average..the interior comfort is awesome..i love my Milan...would definately suggest it to others...sports car owners or family car..it can do it all

One great car

by 2011 RedMerc from Manorville,NY | May 18, 2011

2011 Mercury Milan 2.5L I4 6spd automatic. 7500 miles and I love this car more each day. On a recent 2000 mile round trip to northwest Indiana I got a best of 31.4 mpg at 75 mph on I-80. Hope to improve on that when engine is more broken in. Very comfortable & roomy with 8way power drivers seat with lumbar support and is lots of fun to drive. Interior looks upscale in materials & feel and car is very well put together. I love the way the doors sound when you close them. Good size trunk & rear seats fold down for even more room. The ride, handling and road holding ability are excellent. Electric power steering has a good feel to it and brakes have a nice firm pedal. Very sorry to see Mercury go but I got a great deal on this car! Good traveling car.

Awesome Car

by Townie from | May 1, 2011

I am currently leasing a 2010 Milan and I love it. I have had it for almost a year now and even with the mostly town driving I do, I am already getting 32 mpgs with almost 10,000 miles. Whether it be highway or city driving, my car drives smooth and is extremely comfortable. I don't think I could get a car without sync now. I love the handsfree as well as the mp3 connection. I honestly love everything about this car and would recommend it to anyone, its great for both townies like me and commuters.

Great mid size commuter

by Commuter guy from West Bend, Wi | March 18, 2011

I drive 72 miles a day round trip, so a car has to be comfortable, and handle well. The cruise must be spot on and strong brakes. And of course, I don't want to spend a fortune for gas. I just passed 10,000 miles and my mileage has improved to the low 30s. I love the Sync system which gives me hands free cell phone use, a big safety item. The 2.5 4 cylinder is gives me good performance and is quiet until you stand on it. The 6 speed transmission is perfect to the point I don't think about it. My wife has a 2010 Milan as well and she loves hers , pity Mercury is gone now.

Featured Services for this Mercury Milan