2006 Mercury Montego

Available in 4 styles:  2006 Mercury Montego 4dr FWD Sedan shown

Overall

157,000 Miles of Pure Reliability

by Car Fan from Baltimore, MD | February 3, 2014

Carrying on from my first review. Simply stated, this vehicle is among the most reliable I have ever owned. Only "major" repair was replacing the AC compressor. I am actually looking for another Montego to possibly replace my Impala! You cannot fo wrong with this model!

238,000 miles and still running

by Traveling Salesman from Front Royal, VA | January 25, 2014

Purchased 2005 Premier AWD used in 2008 with 59000 miles on it. Initially I was concerned about the CVT transmission reliability factor but so called reliability problems never occurred. Now with over 230,000 miles in 2014 the car simply runs fantastic. Very spacious and smooth running with great visibility. I love the AWD, it really tracks well in snow and rain. Interior volume is much better than my 2009 Lincoln MKS, 2012 Chrysler 300 and 2008 Cadillac CSTS AWD. If you want a safe and reliable sedan for high mileage transportation, the Mercury Montego AWD is a great car.

Looking for Reliability and Comfort.

by Barbinator from Beautiful MN | August 21, 2011

I have owned a 2006 Mercury Montego for 3 weeks now. I was looking for a comfortable, safe car to drive. I am very happy with my purchase. I have had 2 knee replacements and 1 hip replacement in the last three years, so comfort is very important to me. Riders don't mind sitting in the backseat, because it's huge. Plenty of legroom and headroom for tall people! There is so much space that I have no trouble getting in and out of the car. I found the acceleration to be kicky, in fact I love driving this car. I find the controls to be easy to find and use. Well thought out by the engineers. The previous owner installed a different stereo/gps system. It sounds fantastic. It makes me kind of wonder what the old one sounded like. I like most everything about this car. It's a good looking, safe, and comfortable ride!

06 Montego

by Go Montego from Las Vegas | January 27, 2011

Bought this car from my Dad with 11 K on it..now have 25 K..it is a great road car, comfortable and get around 20mpg around town..4 dr sedan..had a Cad before this and enjoy my Montego!

A bit boring

by pushdog from Huron, OH | January 26, 2011

Comfortable highway ride. Easy to operate controls. However, this a not a sports sedan. Handling is weak and the styling is very bland. This is not your grandfathers Gran Marquis, but it's similar.

Great CAR

by Cheri0 from Savannah, Ga. | January 11, 2011

I've never had a better car! Love it! I've had my 06 for 4 years or almost, only had to adjust back brake pads, now am wondering if driver's seat heater should have been a recall, since other models had similar problems!! Cannot find a recall, so will have to get it fixed myself, but still not bad for an 06!!!

Just What I'm Looking For?

by Car Fan from Baltimore from Baltimore Md | August 6, 2010

I purchased a 2006 Montego Premier in May and my second purchase directly involving cars.com. The price and mileage were right, so I pulled the trigger and I'm not disappointed. Three months and 10K miles later, I'm satisfied. What drew me to a Ford product? References from others who swear by their 500's and Montego's. I'm also impressed with the 24 valve 3.0 litre V6. Yes, the low end torque leaves something to be desired, but highway performance is solid and secure.Steering is solid. The six speed CVT is adequate, sometimes jumpy and, at times, downshifts hard. The elevated seating is fine and comfortable. Plenty of room for the kids in the back seat. Trunk space is great, though I prefer a flat surface so I can max out the cube. MPG's? High 20's on the highway; mid 20's around town. Do I think this Merc will last 240K miles as I drive 40K annually? The engine is super as it's old Ford technology. There is one glitch that bothers me just a bit: the driver seat and mirror settings do not stay in place using the key fob so I enter the car using my assigned combination number. This way, I won't burn the mirror motor. The sound system is fine and refined as I hear nuances on recordings I've never heard before. It's not loud but it's good! My 2003 Impala, with 240K miles has now become my weekend around town vehicle and continues to run great after replacing the gasket around the oil pan... More later...

Great car for seniors

by Senior driver from Ocala, FL | February 6, 2010

We bought this as a used car with only 7000 miles on it. We traded in a Grand Marquis and find that the Montego is more comfortable, has more trunk room (will hold 4 golf bags) and is much easier to get in and out of. The only drawback is the mileage for the really short trips that we take. Overall a great car.

A GREAT CAR

by Always on the road from Boston, MA | July 23, 2009

I drive about 120 miles a day and can say without doubt this is a great car. The all wheel drive feels great in all types of weather - not just snow. It has A LOT of room on the interior so you never feel cramped. The trunk is huge so there is plenty of room for the weekend trip. Have kids? Then you will definitely love the rear seat room - easy to put in a baby seat and your kids won't be kicking the back of your chair for a while. Also love the higher than usual seating position so you have great visability. I like this car so much I am trading in for a newer model year.

excellent car

by Don from Alabama | November 11, 2006

Excellent car .Would benifit with Ford's new 3.5 l V-6 for added performance.Traded in a grand marquis on a 2007 Montego.Car is easier to get around in and has more interior leg room and trunk space than the 2001 Grand Marquis.

Featured Services for this Mercury Montego