2007 Mercury Montego

Available in 4 styles:  2007 Mercury Montego 4dr FWD Sedan shown

Overall

Most room for the buck

by Johnny from Chicago | August 19, 2014

In my 40 years of driving, the cars have gotten smaller but I've have gotten bigger. My last 4 door car was a 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis, It was the biggest car I have ever owened. With the rise is gas prices 8-9 years ago I got rid of it for a small two door pick up. Now I've out grown the small pick up and needed a car I can get into before I could fit into it. I chose the 2007 Montego because of the great head room it has. I did get all the comforts I was hoping for and the ease of driving that I want in an everyday car. It has much better mpg and ride quality then the small pick up had. Very large truck with more space available when the rear seats backs are folded down. Clean design, smooth body panels and a very clear line of sight in all direction from the large windows. I'm very happy with my purchase...

Bought new in '06, still going strong in 2014

by Bob from Maine | May 11, 2014

We bought this car new in 2006, 69,000 miles ago. The AWD, enormous high cabin, and good handling attracted us from a practical point of view. The 3.0 liter V6 is tepid, and with the CVT delivers 19mpg local and 24mpg highway. But that's Subaru type gas mileage for a much bigger, heavier vehicle. You must keep the CVT properly serviced, or you're going to be buying a brand new tranny for @$7,500 since Ford won't sell repair parts and most mechanics won't touch the CVT anyway. Just be forewarned. It does like eating rear brakes, so be prepared for new rotors and pads about every 20-30,000 miles. Oh, and the aluminum hood has some small surface corrosion issues on the front edge, but it's not rotting. We've never in 8 years seen one of these behemoths with any trace of body rot. It was a remarkable vehicle, and Ford wasn't marketing them at all, probably because it's a big Volvo underneath and they were about to sell the Swedish company to the Chinese. Too bad!

Consumers Report Was Right

by ckmiller81 from Ohio | February 25, 2011

Overall, good old Consumers Report nailed this car. I'm very pleased so far with my 2007 Montego. It's a base model so I'm missing the bells and whistles but it is a very solid, very safe car that is fun to drive.

I bought this car one year ago

by Middle aged working man from Midwest | February 13, 2011

For the price I paid on this 2007, I'd do it again. Ford is making better cars. I hope they keep making them better. This thing has 4 wheel drive, a Volvo chassis, what's not to love about it? It's is not quiet on fast accelerations Gas mileage is not any better than 25 mpg. Not the 28 they claim. But I'm happy with it.

Great car for big people

by Middle aged redneck from Wichita, Kansas | August 28, 2010

I bought this 2007 AWD with NAV system used and have been driving it for 4 months now. I'm getting 20 mpg in the city, and have not yet taken a long hwy trip. I everything about this ford product so far. After our last Ford, I'd told the wife that was the last Ford product, but I gave in to this car, and glad I did. It's fun to drive, and the vison out of it is second to none. We own a Toyota Availon also, and I like this car much more. It's built for a large man like me. I give this car two thumbs up.

Sporting fun car

by Russ from Kansas | June 29, 2010

We purchased this car 2 months ago and fell in love with the first drive. I'd bought this for a replacement for my wife's Avalon, but after driving it home in pouring rain storm 150 miles, I enjoyed it so much, I told the wife I was keeping it. We'll look for another one for her.

Truly Excellent Car

by Suburban Commuter with Family from Ayer, MA | May 2, 2010

I bought my 2007 Montego in late 2007 with only 14,000 miles on it. The car is the nicest car I have ever owned, and my young family and I love it for its style and comfort. It is great for long commutes in and out of the city, and the car has proven to be very reliable over time (I now have over 48,000 on my Montego, and I have had no troubles with it). The car is one that I am proud to own, and it is one that I can easily transport family, friends and colleagues for any purpose whatsoever, and everyone appreciates the comforting ride in style. The car does have a little bit of wind noise, but it is completely managable, and the 2008 Sable corrected this issue. I actually appreciate most of the interior dash features to the 2007 Montego to the 2008 Sable, and apart from the wind and the increased power of the Sable engine, the styling of the Montego basically has it going for it. Do not pass up an opportunity to own your Montego!

great car

by all around car enthusiast from canton,mi. | September 17, 2007

this is one of the nicest cars i have ever owned. interior is very roomy, great visibility & ergonomics. trunk is very large. hwy gas mileage is 30mpg. city is approx. 23 mpg.

Featured Services for this Mercury Montego