2004 Mercury Mountaineer

Available in 12 styles:  2004 Mercury Mountaineer 4x2 shown

Overall

2004 merccccccccccccccccury

by mom'c from Belle Glade, Fl. | November 5, 2013

I Have Got The Best One ... ! It Has SO Much More Extra's . I Think I Have The Only 1 .... !.This S.U. V. Was Always There When I Needed It & My Kid's <3

Love it

by P.D. from Louisville, Ky | May 28, 2012

I got my mountanieer with only 63,300 miles on it. Its the base model, but I love it. The ride is better than I thought it would be. So far everything has been great. No problems at all. I've only had it about 6 weeks now, but It's been driven to Chicago 6 times. The gas mileage isn't the best, but I cant complaine.

Do not pay Mercury Mountaineer

by tony from Springfield, MA | January 21, 2012

Do not buy this car because after 80,000 miles the tranmission start to slip.And the tranmission will breakdown on you.Also it will cost you 2,500 to get the tranmission fix.I wish I never bought this car!!!!

nice suv, with space and comfort but....

by ford11 from Marinette, WI | March 16, 2011

this is my third year with this suv, and over all i am very satisfied with it. purchased it used with around 50,000 miles on it in very good condition. it fits seven people comfortably, and handles great in snowy weathers. being from northern wisconsin, you need a good winter vehicle. it has slid sideways a couple times, mainly with me trying to get it to kick out. otherwise i have had no issues with it not getting traction, even without the awd kicking in. its a very quite riding vehicle, and obsorbs most of those bumps on the hwy going 65mph. it drives more like a car to me, rather then the usual SUV. it turns great, and doesnt have that wide radius like the explorer or expedition. for parking, its a one turn and your in. i have had to back up and re-park once due to turning on slick black top. now to the bad... every winter i have not got any better then 12 mpg in city and 16 mpg on highway. summer its about 14 city, and 17 maybe 18 on highway. the fuel mileage is NOT GOOD! After a year my ENTIRE front end needed to be replaced, thankfully i purchased the extended warranty! also the lumb bar in driver seat and heater in driver seat was replaced within the first week i had it. the cd player is still working, but it will go through its moments where it doesnt want to read cds... my car is at 81,000 right now, and now needs its u-joints replaced which isnt bad esspecially being awd. Over all nice vehicle, but would recommend not getting a car with AWD. to many parts moving and to much wear and tear on a vehicle, which means lots more repairing!!! over three years of owning this pig, and ford has most likly put over $3,000 into it.

My Second Mountaineer

by My second Mountaineer from Cleveland, Ohio | January 23, 2011

I bought this SUV used last year at 100,000 miles and it has given me no problems besides a broken cd changer. Its extremely comfortable and everybody loves to ride in it. It has held up very well for the amount of miles it has. Ive driven many SUVs and no other mid size comes close to its performance (4.6 v-8) and i believe styling. Its also American built in Kentucky which is nice. Living in the Cleveland area it has been fully tested in the worst weather and has done great. The features in it like heated seats and heated mirrors are great too. If you see one, get it, and enjoy passing the imports on or off road.

I love it!

by NONE from | July 22, 2010

I purchased my Mountaineer in 07 and have been completly satisified with it. The only complaint is the gas mileage. But the other features make of for this shortcoming. I absolutely love it!

Best SUV Ive owned

by Mercowner from | July 20, 2010

Good towing performance Poor gas mileage Would recommend Great SUV Nice interior and luxury Reliable and durable. Great in the snow

2004 Moutaineer - Great Car

by A Converted Mercury Fan from Cincinnati, Oh | April 29, 2009

I bought my 2004 Mountaineer used in 2007 with 21K on it. The styling is great. Leather seats, sun roof, etc… It is very comfortable. Performs well in ice, snow and rain. I have had no mechanical issues with it thus far. My only complaint is that the V-6 feels a bit under powered while accelerating at highway speeds. I would opt for a V-8 if you have a choice.

2004 Mountaineer

by love my Merc. from Levittown , PA | March 30, 2009

I have had my mountaineer for a little over a year now. I can't say enough good things about it. The comfort, styling, and features are great. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for an suv. You can't beat it. I can say that i do not regret purchasing it.

Great vehicle

by Chev from seatle | December 6, 2008

This really is a no-brainer - it comes with all the options Mercury offers, incl AWD, which makes it esp safe in rain and snow. It has run perfectly for 50k miles and not one thing wrong - I highly recommend this car. Also, as it is American and there are a number of Mountaineers and Explorers, parts are cheap and they can be services everywhere.

Featured Services for this Mercury Mountaineer