2007 Mercury Mountaineer

2007 Mercury Mountaineer

Available in 6 styles:  Mountaineer shown

15 city / 21 hwy

Overall

After one month everything is good

by Mustang Man from Dallas TX | July 19, 2014

Only had the Mercury for a month. Made one 400 mile trip and performance was good. Mileage has been a little lower that expected. Highway mileage 21 to 22.

Great Value

by Edsnyder486 from Indiana | July 7, 2013

A great value and price excellent condition loaded with features. Looks like new rides well exactly what I was looking for.

Beautiful Baby

by Car Lover from Utica, NY | January 25, 2013

Although the vehicle has a few flaws, I absolutely love it! It came with some nice amenities that were a nice surprise - beautiful chrome wheels! It is very pretty, drives great and I am totally enjoying it. I am so happy!

Amazing Luxury SUV

by Virginia S. from Highland Park, Texas | December 31, 2010

I bought my 2007 Mercury Mountaineer 4x4 new and have no regrets at all. The ride is wonderful, the seats are extremely comfortable, the leather is very plush and the Mountaineer just looks classy. My one and only complaint is the headroom. My husband, who is just over 6ft. tall thinks the roof is just a little low. However, with styling and comfort like this, both of us agreed to keep the Mountaineer for many years to come. I will never again go back to a Chevy or Chrysler product again!

Very pleased

by NDJ from Simsbury, CT | December 8, 2010

Purchased a used 2007 Mercury Mountaineer Premiere. Vehicle was loaded with vitually every option available, Color is "White Chocolate". I've gotten compliments from many neighbors on how good-looking it is. This is my 3rd SUV ( previous 2 were Explorers) and the ride is exceptionally smooth. Even though it's an 8 cylinder, I'm getting about 20 MPG on longer highway trips. Love this vehicle !

Surprised by the performance

by DoxieMom from Cleveland, OH | February 6, 2009

This vehicle replaced my 1998 Oldsmobile Bravada. When I first started looking for a car, I was disappointed with what was out there; I had wished that Olds was still in business. My final choice was between a Ford Eddie Bauer Explorer and the Merc Mountaineer Premier. Hands down, the Mountaineer had a better ride and I loved the features. While I've only had it 1-1/2 months, purchasing it as it's second owner, I was surprised that I got better mileage than my Bravada and the car has a much bigger gas tank. It also came with a remote starter that has come in handy this January with the cold weather we've been getting. I can have my car warming up as I leave the office for home! I love all the features - in particular, the ceiling vents to heat/cool the back area of the car. I am always traveling with my dachshunds and knew the two dogs that prefer to be backseat rides were a little colder than the dogs in front. Love the ride and overall performance. The only negative comment would be the positioning of the turn signal/wiper wand. As other's have mentioned, it's a bit awkward. However, I've aclimated to it at this point and no longer notice the issue.

They lost ground from my 1997 to 2007

by 2nd mountaineer from Chicago IL | April 2, 2008

I bought a new 2007 and traded in my 1997 Mountaineer. After 10 years I figured it was time for an update. My new 07 was premium loaded with AWD 4.6L V8 Engine, 6 Speed Automatic Trans, power running boards, class 3 tow pkg, Heated leather, rear seat dvd, and navigation moon roof pkg. I must be partial to my old girl because my fully loaded 07 is missing things the 97 had. My 97 had some nice things like when you put the key in the door and turn it twice it unlocked all the doors, not on the 07. The 97 was able to lock the car from the cargo compartment, as an airline pilot it was nice to grab my bags put my keys away then lock the car and shut the tailgate, not on the 07. The seats are comfortable but after only 1300 miles the leather started to wrinkle and looked wore down, it seems like it will be hard to care for. The independent rear suspension gives the 07 a less truck like ride but it’s not bad. The person who spoke the wiper-turn signal stalk is right on, it is at a odd angle. Good luck to look out the rear cargo compartment window when backing up with the back seat head rests up. I am still not sure if I will keep it.

My first SUV

by 01Bullitt from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. | January 3, 2008

I recently made a trip to R.I.and back to FLA. this is the most comfortable long distance vehicle that I have ever driven in. The navigatiion system was excellent, providing information on locations of ATM's, Gas ststions, Restaurants and other emergency information. My average gas milage was 22.6 mpg. and power from the 4.6L V-8 was excellent. Power third row seats and folding second row seats create a flat and large cargo area. The 18" wheels look great and the Michelin tires provided a quiet and smoothe ride along with good control. The only thing that I did not like and found akward to use was the wiper-turn signal stalk, its angle made it difficult to use.

Rental Nightmare

by UtahRob from Salt Lake City, Utah | May 27, 2007

I rented this SUV. It only had 1200 miles. I thought it was a nice looking car. The first day I had it I got out of the driver's side and my shoe caught the plastic part that holds the seat controls and broke it. This plastic piece is held in place in two areas by 2 small clips. If it breaks off the whole assembly will need to be repaired. The is poor engineering. Be careful getting in and out of this SUV! The brakes are already squeaking. What's wrong with this thing?

Awesome car for the money

by Love my mercury from Irvington, KY | December 6, 2006

I just purchased this vehicle with the optional v8 awd, nav, power run boards, and sat rad and I am totally in aww! For less money than a standard 4 door 4x4 ford f-150 I got everything I wanted and more. It drives great but I feel like I am setting a little high. I probably need to learn to adjust my seats. It is everything that I wanted and more. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who has a large family or wants to carry stuff but still want luxury. I recommend black with black leather.

Featured Services for this Mercury Mountaineer