1997 Mercury Sable

18–20 city / 25.9–28 hwy

Overall

Excellent car

by peterrl from Pennsylvania | November 16, 2010

I bought this car new and it now has 140,000 miles on it. It has required no significant maintenance, it owes me nothing. It has been comfortable, dependable transportation. Huge trunk. In my opinion, Mercury could have marketed this car as a luxury model with all the options that it has: cruise control, automatic lights on/off, power seat, power windows, climate control, etc., etc.

1997 Mercury Sable LS Turbocharged v6

by Sable Warrior from Canada | March 1, 2010

Excellent first buy, very comfortable seating Great on gas and just the shape makes for a smooth ride.. Very easy to fit 6 LARGE ADULTS inside easly. I put a custom turbo charger in mine with my brother and this car blew out my friends honda s2000 and hes got a stage 3 turbo aswell. VERY IMPRESSIVE except replacing tires is not cheap at all

My Suzie Sable

by sableowner from Long Island, NY | June 16, 2008

This was my first car and I've had it for almost 3 years now and overall I really can't complain. It has almost 200,000 and seems to be still going strong. I had some transmissions problems, but had it repaired and since have had no problems.. though occasionally it does shift into gear kind of hard. Recently my cam sensor went, which wasn't that big a deal. Other than that no real problems. The only really annoying thing is that light indicator that the door is open is almost always on, and no one seems to be able to figure out why. Overall, I love it. The inside is so roomy and comfortable, it makes up for its ugly exterior. I would definitely recommend this car, especially as a first car.

Sable review

by lilredwuck from missouri | January 7, 2007

We bought this car used and have had nothing but a good time and a bad time. Bought the car and soon afterwards had to have work done to the transmission. We have had new shocks and struts installed on the back, a lot of work done under the hood, the air conditioning is all brand new which is out again less than 2 years later. I have also had to replace the transmission in it again. I have a bad ball joint, and a couple other issues with it but my wife loves the car. It has a check engine light on due to a bad o2 sensor, but the engine is still running like new with almost 200,000 miles on it. It seems to hold together better than my ranger that has less than 25,000 miles on it.

Featured Services for this Mercury Sable