2002 Mercury Sable

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Good.soild.car.

by Sully from Chicago,il. | January 29, 2014

Bought my 2002 sable premium because the accord coupe I looked at the day before was sold....but I'm a ford guy away so I gave it a shot...bought it used with 72k on it for $4700 from a Honda dealer..2 1/2 years later? I had to buy a battery....,that's it....got into a front end collision with a drunk off duty cop who did a illegal u-turn Infront of me...cracked the front cover. The cop went to jail.i got 7k after they fixed my car.all it needed was a front bumper cover...got it back...still drives and rides like a new car...me and my wife where safe and unhurt...good power from the. DOHC v6 smooth ride.bad blind spot for me 6' on the drivers side..big trunk ,small opening.leather has held up great, I condition it...have no complaints..,got 110k on it now...runs and drives just like the day I got it...not sporty or exciting in any way but a great reliable family car...just washed it today (1-28-14) after this brutal winter we are having in Chicago and noticed some rust starting on the drivers side 1/4 panel on the lip...I'll get it fixed this spring.rest of car looks great....everything still works perfect...get one if your looking for a good comfy family ride..

Reliable and Great Accessories make it happen

by Car Guy from Reston, VA | May 12, 2012

This model and engine have proved to me that there are still reliable and comfortable cars that have real passing power when needed. I love this car and think it is our family's favorite.

Oldie/Goodie

by lead foot from CHARLESTON, WV | July 3, 2010

Lots of interior room, head room too, comfortable seat, handles like a dream, good pick-up. Three adults or 3 child seats will fit easily in the back seat. My only complaint is the the very large trunk has a limited opening space since the lid bends down and the back of the trunk comes up leaving little room to get things IN!

Exceptional Vehicle

by Bargan Hunter from Young Harris, GA | February 26, 2010

We bought this loaded Sable with less than 19,000 miles on December 31, 2009 and it has been everything and more the dealer said it would be. It just rolled over 25,000 miles today and has been ultra comfortable, gets generally around 25 miles per gallon (better than 28 on a long trip just yesterday), and everything works perfectly. I realize it is unusual to find a 2002 model with so few miles but feel very fortunate to have found this vehicle through cars.com.

Featured Services for this Mercury Sable