2008 Mercury Sable

Available in 4 styles:  2008 Mercury Sable 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Happy wife

by K in PA from South Central PA | April 7, 2014

Purchased an 08 AWD Sable Premier with 57k. My wife LOVES the car. Great driving and comfort with plenty of power for normal driving. AWD went awesome in snowy-slush. Took a few trips and we are getting over 22 MPG. Affordable quality, not two words that are found together very often but this car offers both. Great buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best car I've ever owned

by canyondweller from Montana | October 12, 2012

Ford nailed it in this car. Excellent value and reliability. So sorry that they're gone. Never felt so comfortable and safe as in this AWD model. Just a joy to drive. A Volvo at a fraction of the price and far more reliable. I've owned 16 new cars in 35 years and this is by far the best.

highly overlooked & highly underatted

by sable / montego from hampton new york | January 28, 2012

ford went through getting this car to near as perfect compared to the previous montego they discontinue it, i just dont get it maybe its an executive decision, then again it also could be an executive mistake, this is a great vehicle that they are not manufactureing anymore along with the taurus-x another great vehicle, there decision to discontinue the mercury brand is a mistake it will cost them in the future, folks want variety and choice which they have eliminated, this is why they will never be number 1 ! know thats two shots in the foot of fords new vp and ceo!!

Extremely underrated

by AWD Rules! from Harrisburg, PA | May 2, 2011

Best Sable to date. Handles really well, especially with AWD. Quiet. 263hp V6 has plenty of power, the 6 speed shifts smoothly and has proven reliable. Mileage is good for the size and performance of this car. Long trips are comfortable and you can pack a lot to go along. Plenty of interior room. Tons of storage. Great cup holders. Gigantic trunk. I have driven many vehicles, for the money you can not find a better all around sedan. This Sable is noticeably more refined than the companion Taurus. The highest crash rating, so you and your family can ride safe. I still do not understand why this vehicle was not more popular, it is much better car than the Camry and Accord. Too bad it is no longer in production. I would buy another without thinking about it.

Our 4th Mercury Sable

by OregonSteve from Oregon | February 22, 2011

All of our Mercury Sables have always been very reliable. Our 1st one, we drove it until it had 285,000 and had never opened up the motor for repairs, but did replace 2 transmissions. Sorry to see that Mercury isn't making the Sable anymore. And don't try to convince me that the Taurus is equal to the Sable.

**SUPER SABLE**

by Tony.D from NEW YORK,NY | November 19, 2010

BEST SABLE YET FORD DID GREAT JOB IN DESIGN AND FEATURES OT THIS CAR BUT DID LITTLE TO MARKET IT! IN COMPRASION TO THE NEW TAURUS ITS SEATING POSITION IS MUCH BETTER WITH THE HIGHER COMAND SEATING WHICH GIVES YOU A BETTER VIEW OF THE ROAD, NOW I DO LIKE THE TAURUS BUT IT HAS SHORT COMEINGS, PERFOMANCE WISE BOTH CARS ARE SIMILAR, HP RATEING THE SAME, THEY BOTH HAVE A COMFORTABLE RIDE, AND VERY GOOD HANDELING,MILEAGE DEAD EVEN WHILE THE TAURUS SPECS SHOW THE CAR SLIGHTLY BIGGER THE INSIDE OF THE SABLE IS MORE ROOMY ESPECIALY THE REAR SEATING & LEG ROOM AND TRUNK SIZE, THE ENTRY OF THE SABLE IS EASY TO GET IN AND OUT, THE STYLEING IS A MATER OF TASTE, NOW I AM NOT KNOCKIN THE TAURUS ITS A GOOD LOOKIN VEHICLE , THE SABLE MIGHT BE LITTLE BLAND BUT THE INTERIOR IS LAID OUT WELL AND FEATURE & OPTIONS ARE EASY TO USE, THE BLUETOOTH AND 6 CD ARE ONE OF MY FAVORITES,REALIBALITY IS ABOUT EVEN FOR BOTH CARS THEY SHARE A LOT OF THE SAME PARTS , ITS TO BAD THE FORD MOTOR COMPANY HAS DESIDED TO KILL THE MERCURY BRAND, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CAR , ALTHOUGH THEY ARE STARTING TO BECOME SCARCE!

Mercury Sable used

by Lots of bells and whistles from Newark Delaware | May 6, 2010

I've been happy with my used 2008 Sable Primier. It has all kinds of options and good performance for the money. I think it looks good too, better than the comparable Ford Taurus. The only thing I don't like about it so far is the way the gears shift. The V-6 has 263 HP which is good power. You seem to sit high and the car has big windows. Visability is ver good.

Under rated to be sure.

by sg from Cortland, NY | June 12, 2009

I read a lot of reviews befor actually driving and buying a used 2008 model. It is not the Premier edition but it does have the 2 tone leather package. The car is extremely comfortable...My impression of the interior would be understated rather than bland. The stereo is fine, the controls simple to use...seats are great....literally all the room you could ever need for 4 folks. Exterior styling is conservative as well, but I like it.I find the handling is solid and stable , body lean is controlled...for comparison my other car is a Mini...so I know what handles! The car has everything you need and mileage in low 20s.It's not your Dad's Grand Marquis....Far from it! Extremely under rated.

Best car for the money

by Sensible car buyer from North Carolina | May 1, 2009

Purchased a 2008 Sable (base model) late in the 2009 model year after doing lots of research/reading/test driving... I feel that I purchased the best car in this class for the money at the present time. My last two cars were an Accord and Camry, and I think the Sable is every bit the vehicle they were. It seems that the resale value is not as good as Honda and Toyota, but I keep my vehicles for a long period of time so I'm not that concerned about resale value. I feel the Sable is one of the most overlooked cars out there. Too bad it's being discontinued... The jury is still out on the gas milage, so time will tell about that. It has plenty of power and is very confortable with lots of storage area. In my job I've driven the Ford Tarus for many years, and they have been extremely good cars. Never one problem with six of them...One had over 130,000 miles on it. I just feel the Sable is a little nicer automobile for the money. The transmission is as smooth as silk. The interior is extremely nice, but took a few days to get acclimated to where everything is located. I am impressed with the quality fit and finish as well as the interior convenience package that came with the Sable I purchased. I am also very impressed with the ride and little or no noise I hear when meeting cars while driving. It took literally months of reasearch before I purchased the vehicle and feel very good about it so far. Time will tell about the reliability of my Sable, but after reading reports of previous model years I have confidence that the high reliability ratings will be true for my purchase as well.

Exceptional value; very safe, great gas mileage

by dhealth from Napa, CA | December 7, 2008

The Insurance Institute rated this car the safest in the World. That's a great comfort. This very quiet and comfortable car with 30'% increase in horse power over previous versions (260hp). Great gas mileage using regular gas. Great features like Microsoft Sync and backup sensors. Folding front and back seats for long loads. Gigantic 22 cu ft. trunk. Very comfortable seats. Great brakes. This is a Volvo 80 at half the price. Paul & Donna in Napa, CA

Featured Services for this Mercury Sable