1999 Mercury Villager

17 city / 24 hwy

Overall

after 100k

by gary from ann arbor MI | April 29, 2007

After putting on 100,000 miles on my villager (now at 150K) I can give it a hearty reccomendation. Daily travel has been nearly faultless. Packed full for camping, hauling gravel and dirt, or bringing home full sheets of plywood I have used this vehicle with no complaint. Although I try to drive it like a sports car it is still a minivan but one of the better handling ones. Mileage has always been 22(+-3) mpg.

Very Impressed with this old van

by CarsRmyLife from Warren, MI | September 11, 2006

We bought ours used and a few years old with high miles at the time . . . but have become so impressed with this van that I have grown to love it. It is amazingly smooth and well behaved. I have experience as an auto engineer and am sensitive to NVH -- this old, high mileage van has really impressed me. The only semi-major repair was the rear A/C lines that corroded through -- poor design the cause. But, out on the road, it handles amazing well. I'm 6'4" so I wish the drivers seat had a bit more room; that might be my only complaint. But the seats are comfortable. Manual lumber is used often -- I prefer manual over power always when it comes to lumbar support. This is one impressive van and I'd but another used one.

Featured Services for this Mercury Villager