2001 Mercury Villager

2001 Mercury Villager
Available in 3 styles:  2001 Mercury Villager Passenger Van shown

17 city / 23 hwy

Overall

I actually own a '96 M.V.

by '96 Villager owner from Winona, MN | March 8, 2014

I bought a 1996 Villager through a private party for 1 grand and I've only had to replace a tie rod and the battery. $200 put into it in one year. Not bad at all. My family loves this van and if I had the money I'd buy the van for sale for sure! The van I own has 127,500 miles on it and I bought it in April of 1013. The only complaint I would have is that it isn't exactly big enough in the back for larger/taller adults. If it is mainly used for your spouse and children This is a great buy!

Nice size and still a 'mini-van'

by Ole family guy from Northern Utah | August 24, 2007

I bought it used and have owned it for 3 years and driven it for about 35K (now has 75K). It is the 'Sport' model so it has the 2nd row bucket seats. Fairly reliable, but had to replace things as w/s, pwr window mech, ball jts, knock sensor, CV boots before expected. Got better MPG hwy than adv, but worse, esp around town. My wife leased one of the early Villagers we both loved so she leased another one ...both virtually trouble free. After she traded hers in, I purchased one because I liked the expanded room in the later re-design even thou it looks uglier. Some friends of mine own an early model with over 200K and love it. This one has been a disapointment from early models as the drivers door/window has an wind noise that cannot be resolved. The center captain chairs are so heavy, it almost requires a lift to extract them & 4 hands to clip them in. The sliding rear seat is a marvel to use and versatile and easy to move but it usually makes for car sickness on bouncy roads. Most driver controls are handy but I never have adapted to the washer lever being on the left side and the hi-lo beam switch is like shifting gears in a stick shift..crude. The cruise on hilly terrain is more than annoying because when it decides to downshift, it then shifts from O/D and into 2nd in 1 motion which make the engine race...(doesn't downshift like that when driving w/o cruise thou). The rear shelf is convient, but anything of much weight will bend it and make the sliding lock mechanism bind. The cup-holder adjust levers have very flimsy ratchets and break often. The van is lacking in places to put anything of any size & as in many mini-vans the 2nd row cannot roll down the windows...only open to vent which creates wind noise so I love the rear powered windows to allow air flow and no noise. Seats need a longer thigh support for my tastes. My big complaint which I didn't realize until I owned it, was the drivers side 2nd row seat doesn't adj fore-aft to allow access to the rear & the other side moves so little that its easier to get the occupant out & then manuver down the center opening to the rear seat. All in all, minor complaints for a van that does its job quite well and still drives much like a car. Its time for me to trade up thou....maybe a small crossover SUV.

Featured Services for this Mercury Villager