2002 Mercury Villager

17 city / 23 hwy

Overall

I like Minivans

by Family Guy from OHIO | November 2, 2011

Bought my Villager Estate new in '02- Last couple to choose from on the lots as they quit making them the month before. This has been a great van- Not too big, but still held a lot. Never had a problem with it. Minor maintenance but that's been it. I personally find it among the better looking mini-vans out there for the year. My only real complaint is the quad seats can be noisy when not in use (some ratteling). Also the third row seat does not come out- you can only fold it up and slide it forward when you need more cargo room. I've had numerous compliments and even a note left on the windshield asking us if we'd like to sell it...

Excellent minivan! Undervalued

by Villager fan from Madison WI | July 28, 2011

I bought my second Villager (a 2000) after my 1995 villager was totalled. I have been impressed by the durability of this van. No significant problems except a broken motor mount in the 2000. I bought the 2000 Estate and am impressed by how much you get for not much money. My 2000 has 120k miles on it, and is starting to rust a little around the doors so I am looking for a 2002 with fewer miles. Very sad they are not making these any more!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Outstanding Minivan

by Family Car Recommended from | July 27, 2011

Amazing vehicle! Excellent performance, horse power, roomy, and comfortable. I'd recommend this people-hauler to anyone!

Awesome Van for the money!

by Mini van man from Macon, GA | June 29, 2011

Bought my 02 new with Ford loan 0% interest and hvae never regreted it. In fact, am struggling with selling it for a great deal on a newer car...will probably keep my van. Excellent storage capacity with seats removed and back seat pushed forward. Always has enough space to haul my family of 5 on vacation. Lot of good memories. Highly recommend

Very reliable - a Winner!

by Mr. Big from SE Michigan | October 21, 2010

Did my due diligence and decided to buy my Villager 2002 Sport in 2006 with 56k on it. It now has 134k and going strong as ever, with only regular maintenance. Broken door handle (found replacement at a junkyard) and a ripped boot ($160 to replace) have been the only issues. There has been no loss of performance in anything (engine, electrical, handling, etc.) except maybe a little body integrity because there is now a slight evidence of surface rust inside the passenger door at the base. Excellent in bad weather. Ride is comfy and relaxed with a commanding view of the road. Fun to drive for a minivan and I still enjoy the styling. Both Mercury and Nissan deserve kudos with this product. I fully expect to turn this van over at least twice (200k) which means at least 4 more years. Only slight beef is that while the 3.3 runs forever, the fuel economy could be a bit better, but I've always gotten the same 18 or so city and 23 or so highway. She's been a very reliable companion!

BAD INVESTMENT

by BAD BUY from MN | May 24, 2010

We were initially intrigued with the Villager because it is basically a cheaper version of the Nissan Quest, but it has been the worst investment of our lives. We have had nothing but repairs season after season, year after year. We thought we got if for a bargain, but the cost of the repairs makes this vehicle worthless. I hate this van and would not recommend it to anyone. It is noisy, has brake issues, ac issues and has slow acceleration. It eats gas as if it were an truck. Very very disappointing buy. I am looking for a replacement now. I would never recommend this van to anyone. It may be cheap in price only because it is cheap in quality. If you want to spend your money on countless ac, brake and electrical repairs, this is the van for you.

reliable and excellent for what I paid

by Mercury lover from Chicago | April 9, 2010

I was sceptical to buy this car, as Mercury name does not impress me at all. But my mechanic said that this particlur van is done by Nissan and all engine parts are Nissan. It is the same as Nissan Quest older model. They even look the same. I havehad this car for almost 3 years and I never had any major problems (not on wood). We drive in the city nd drive a lot! My Dode G. Caravan broke down about 4 times with the same usage, and this little thing keeps going! It is also very compact, but has more than enough space inside. Does no take a lot of gas. I wish they continued production for such great and inexpensive mini-vans. It is perfect for my work too

I love this car

by Mother/Golf Coach from Westerville, OH | October 6, 2009

I am currently shopping for a used model of this vehicle. Our Mercury Sport Villager model of 1999 has been wonderful and I want another one. I am very disappointed that there is no more production. I really wanted our next used car to be as good as it was for 9 years. Hoping production of this car is in the planning for Mercury or Nissan.

Featured Services for this Mercury Villager