2012 MINI Cooper S Countryman

2012 MINI Cooper S Countryman

Available in 2 styles:  2012 MINI Cooper S Countryman 4dr AWD ALL4 Sports Activity Vehicle shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Countrymen S All4 2014

by Patrick from Montreal | January 8, 2014

This is my 3rd Mini. I owned a Cooper S for 5 years then a JCW for 3 plus years and now the Countrymen. I will keep this straight to the point. DO NOT BUY this car. The clutch is the same clutch as in the Cooper S but the vehicle weighs about 800 pounds more and is All wheel drive. So no big surprise , major clutch issues. I had less than 500km on my vehicle, few hundred miles and the clutch stink, burning up. The car is now at the dealer getting the clutch replaced. Total Lemon of a Car. Much better value out there for Compact SUVs.

Just want to jump back in the driver's seat..

by Mav from San Antonio, TX | November 25, 2013

Recently purchased the Countryman S and love everything about the Mini.....everything. I could not ask for a better vehicle. It surpassed every expectation I every had for a car. Can't help but smile when ever I think about driving it.

FUN,FUN

by MINId from Esat coast | November 11, 2013

Been driving the CM for about a year now and still enjoy the ride. I find myself looking for reasons to "go take a drive", I would describe this car as about as much fun you can have in a ride that has 4 doors, is all wheel drive and has carseats in the back. As most people say it has more useable interior space than one would think. Motor on fellow MINI owners...........

Unreliable mini

by Sad mini from N y c | November 1, 2013

I purchasedy preowned certifiedini a little over 2 months ago and in the past 5 weeks have had it service 5 times and have had 4 different loaners! There were several recalls that we're addressed in first visit then every week after it had to drive to service 35-40 min each way for other problems and lights that called for service. It seed that they never fix the problem the first time. Was totally unreliable for a 6 week period and a major inconvenience . The service rep was very helpful but the mechanics don't seem to have enough expierince . It seems the foreman always get involved and then the problem is finally fixed. I purchased a newer car for reliability and have had way too any problems. I called corporate Andrade several complaints and they offered no help or resolve , I don't see myself keeping this car as long as I planned :(:(:(

So much fun to drive

by Newcomer to the MINI family from Miami, Fl | October 29, 2013

I went from an AUDI A4 2.8 and find more power from this turbo charged 1.6 litter engine than I did previously. The car drives like an european sports car. If you like to feel every bump on the road coupled with responsive steering this one is for you. Mine is a manual 6 speed and would suggest if you know how to drive manual, it is the way to go.

Most fun in a long time

by droplever from Austin Texas | August 11, 2013

My 2012 S ALL4 Countryman can take all my tool cases and still delivers exceptional performance . I've had an SL500 roadster and ML430 as my last 2 cars and am now hooked on the MINI and won't go back. I downshift and surge through the gears just for fun although I initially bought the MINI for the 30MPG. LOVE IT!

Thankful For Lemon Laws...

by Dxtreem1 from Chicago | June 20, 2013

THOSE CARS ARE GARBAGE I would give them "0" stars if I could..... Very long story but I will keep this brief . Just picked up my 7 month old car which has been shopped on 4 different occasions 31 days and a full car payment, not to include the days spent sitting in they lot before getting diagnosed..... Twice for tires, run flats stink btw, once for water/ coolant pump failure (replaced with refurbished pump) lastly for new engine........yes I said it new engine.....11,500 miles The service manager tried to blame me initially, stated that mini wouldn't cover a new engine repair, buuuuutttttt then when they found that the oil had coolant in it, she quickly changed her tune.......ALSO.....my radar detector, which was stashed behind my passenger seat was gone, along with the dashboard mat it sits on :( They quickly blamed the tow truck driver, who was never alone with the vehicle.... Corporate Mini is basically useless as well, they all keep,saying, "its like you have a brand new car". I now have a lemon law attorney. I'm done with this car, and it still runs like garbage even with the new engine, very sluggish. Ohhhhhhhh and also, they tampered with my mileage. When car engine died it had 11,500 miles. Today when I picked it up magically it now has 12,247.....good thing my lawyers wants to use the federal lemon law instead of Illinois, which is basically useless as the toilet paper it's written on.....mini of Tinley Park Illinois is a terrible place to do business

Fun Car

by MiniMe from LA, CA | May 30, 2013

I switched from a 911S to this car to a Countryman S (trying to be more practical) and absolutely love it. It is way fun to drive and has many more bells and whistles than the Porsche did. Handling is o.k., but pick up is better in this car than most other cars its size. Even after changing from the 911S, I LOVE this car. Fun and funky!

My new favorite MINI

by minichic from Ballston Lake, NY | April 5, 2013

This car was a HUGE upgrade from my '04 Cooper. MINI's have come a long way in 9 years. I find the Countryman still has that fun to drive feel, but boy, oh boy, do I love the extra room!!!!!! I am still amazed at the amount of cargo I used to cram into my little Cooper, but the Countryman makes it a snap. Best of all, I can actually bring passengers with me now! I bought my Countryman with the All4 system. Bring on the winter weather - I am ready this year! I'm sure you'll read reviews about the center console and hard to use dials and gauges. Since I previously owned a MINI, to me it's not a big deal. I'm already used to looking in the center for everything and I don't find the dials and gauges any more difficult than any other vehicle, once you become accustomed to them. The S turbo is quick and responsive. When you hit the gas, she goes!

A very fun little car

by Frankie from Takoma Park, MD | February 24, 2013

I still can't believe I am driving a Mini Country. I'm glad I step it up to a 'S'. I love the pickup and handling of the car. I can't ask for a better car for my size, is so roomy and comfortable and very stable. I love it.