2003 MINI Cooper S

Available in 1 styles:  2003 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback shown

25 city / 34 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Mini cooper S is the best car

by Alex from MA | May 20, 2014

I got one 2003 mini coopers, it's super fast and safe, good car and good price. Better than Golf GTI or VW Beetles.

Mini S

by BMW owner from California | August 23, 2013

I prefer the supercharged version and targeted 03 to 06. The car that we own is an 03 manual trans. The car will be used for urban duty and short trips. Comfort is 5 stars as is performance and design although the materials used for the interior were done cheaply through plastics and paint. I would still buy another perhaps a new one although I hear that the factory has planned to discontinue the hardtop S or the version that is the closest look to our car opting to supersize, I personally see this as a terrible decision if true but we'll hope that sales figures force the return of the hardtop/hatchback, again if true.

Too Fun

by Boger from OK | March 7, 2013

I purcahsed this 2003 used in the past 45 days and so far the thing is well beyond my expectations for a 10 year olf vehicle. I love driving it daily and it is getting around 27 MPG all around. I purchased with 46M miles on it and would recommend staying away from those with 100+ unless the price is right. I paid $7700 from a dealer after haggling from their 10800 asking. It can be done as limited prospective buyers for these. Seats and interior have worn better than vehicles I have had 4 -5 years old. Engine is as spunky as ever and no worry about passing on 2 lanes.

Very inexpensive, fun, sporty hatchback

by Doink from Vale, NC | April 9, 2012

I bought this car when I traded in a '01 Honda Civic. These two cars are not even close to comparable. I love the styling, performance and features of the Cooper S. Fully loaded with a supercharger, the drive is fun and responsive. the Harmon/Karden stereo is light years ahead of standard radios. It was XM ready and had aftermarket armrests which are awesome. Oil changes are a little expensive, as are tires and wiper blades, but you have to expect that from this type of car. I have a repair coming up, butI have no idea what it will costs. Even if it runs me $800, I'm still going to love this car.

I love this car....

by Webhead68 from Winter Haven, FL | October 20, 2011

I love the car to death. The only problem I have with it, thus the low mark for comfort, is the Run Flat tires are beating me to death. MINI put these on the cars so they would not have to provide a spare. My suggestion buy other tires and get a AAA card because the Run Flats for daily driving suck.

awesome little package

by old1 from Niantic,CT | April 26, 2011

you want good gas mileage, awesome handling, super fun to drive, this is a car for you, this thing flies!

2003 MINI Cooper S

by MCS Owner from El Cajon, CA | April 13, 2011

What can I say about this wonderful car. It is a tiny car, had no expectation of a magical amount of interior space but it does fit my family; Wife (6ft), Daughter (5ft), Son (4ft), and myself (6ft), comfortably. There is not much left after that but we all fit none the less. Handles like a go-cart, the supercharger makes it peppy enough for play and daily drives. Only negative I have about the car is the cost of repairs when they are needed are a little pricey because it is a BMW still.

Best performance car

by auldefox from Nothern Virginia, USA | September 24, 2010

After 85,000 miles, the supercharged mini 2003 is one of the best cars, of 17 cars, I have ever owned. The acceleration going uphill leaves everyone else in the dust. Must keep an eye on the speedometer - it's easy to get to 90 mph and not even feel it. Stability and conrol as good as anything out there - which makes it the safest car I have ever driven. I bought mine new with all bells and whistles for performance and comfort - it took me a few days of driving before I actually learned to get the MINI's full potential. Never had a breakdown or mechanical problem! Never had any problems.

can you say go-kart

by starrdog from new jersy | May 30, 2010

cool styling, cool interior, good on gas, just dont go into boost all the time. handling is insane. acceleration is good. shifter is great. fun to drive car, drive a mini, you very well might end up buying a mini.

Mini cooper S

by Unionjack from London,England | June 3, 2009

Absolutely love this car for the handling and after market upgrades.I would suggest the car highly..

Featured Services for this MINI Cooper S