2005 MINI Cooper S

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Lemon

by spiderLemon from St. Paul Mn. | November 20, 2013

I would not wish a Mini Cooper on my worst enemy. We bought 2005 Mini new, and paid $6000 more than a comparable Toyota or Honda, but the styling and hype convinced us it was a good purchase. Eight thousand dollars, and 160.000 miles later we were just told that we need a new engine and catalytic converter to the tune of $9000. We have gone from one expensive break down to the next, do not buy this car!!!!!

great car and fun to drive

by cb63sk from DALLAS TX | March 20, 2013

The only down fall I see to this car, is that it takes SUPER unleaded. ( and the fact i can't drive it right now. shoulder surgery ) I have read that the "S" are unreliable. But that, that is a hit or miss. It all depends on if it is a Monday or Friday built car ( ;( ) Or a Tuesday thur Thursday car. ( ;) ) And how you treat it. But i'm hoping this is the Tues-Thurs built car. And that I can put 200,00 + miles on it before it becomes a parts car for someone else. I have only had it for a month. So i will add more comments where I can. HAPPY MOTORING.

best car ive owned

by sport car enthusiast from Longmeadow,MA | January 11, 2013

not the fastest ive owned,not the most comfotable ive owned,but by far the most fun to drive car ive owned,i have owned over 100+ cars,so i have had a little experiance with various cars and trucks.well built,handles like an adult go-kart.don't judge until you drive one-AWESOME CAR!!!!!!......will never sell this one.

Fun, Fun Driving!

by Kitty from Louisville | January 6, 2013

I have only had my little 2005 Mini S for over a month, but this is the most fun I have had driving for a long time. It holds to the curves, is easy shifting, and gets stares all over town. I had been researching mini's for two years and finally traded in my nine year old Accord and have never regretted it for a second.

fun car

by loco mini from Diamnd Bar, CA. | September 10, 2012

This car will fit in almost any spot. So much fun with a little zip to it. I cant go in the car pool lane by myself but getting through traffic is soo easy with the handling that it has.

Adult Gocart On Steroids

by Mopariam from Hoschton,Ga | August 14, 2012

Great vehicle. Fun to drive no negitive responces from other owners. I own several vehicles including a limited addition 09 G8 GXP 6.2 415 hp Pontiac. I like to drive my mini cooper s better.

Great Sporty Convertible

by Scott F from Torrington CT | April 23, 2012

We have only had the car for a month or so after purchasing with 41k miles on it. This car is for my wife to drive during the summer to not put miles on her 3 Series BMW. So far the car is great, fun to drive and decent fuel mileage. We have only had the top down a couple of times but it's so simple to operate, it does everything with the push of one button. We just upgraded the stereo to a Pioneer so we can have blue tooth, ipod, etc.

Fun new sports car

by MINI FAN from Minden, NV | December 12, 2011

I purchased this car as a replacement for my 1989 Suzuki Sidekick, which has over 200K miles on it. I was considering getting another Suzuki (my third), but saw the Mini at a sports car event, and decided to test drive one. It was super fun to drive, and I was able to find one with all the options I wanted, plus a lot more for a really reasonable price, and it was within a 2-hour drive from my home. I have had it for almost 3 months, taken it on one long trip already, and it is a great little car, and comfortable to drive all day long! It would be nice to have a connection for an MP3 player, but other than that, it has all the features that I really wanted. Living in northern Nevada, we had to have the Cold Weather Package, and we also wanted the Sports Package. The car we purchased also has a sun roof and the premium sound package, which is pretty amazing. Having to use premium gasoline is a compromise, but it does get over 30mph as long as you keep your foot off the gas. We are looking forward to some twisty mountain roads and sports car event to test out the performance.

Bought for my wife as a birthday present

by MiniMan from Lancaster, PA | February 15, 2011

She loves it. Fast, low. Drives like a go-cart. Pretty stiff suspension, so you feel the road. We can even fit two car seats in the back for the kids, but there is not much leg room for them. Pretty nice in the front, though. Maybe, someday, she'll let me drive it.

JCW Cooper S Convertible - quick, fun, and cheeky.

by SHNOOL from Wilkes-Barre, PA | November 10, 2010

I use cheeky because, well even though it is 75% BMW, that 25% is so British.. Car is fast, fun, and well appointed. Looks great, always turns heads. People are amazed that my 6'2" self even fits. It is 0-62 in 6 seconds. That is pretty quick for an econobox. Mileage is over estimated. It is truly about 29 highway. I say about, but it is because I can't keep my foot off the accelerator. RUN FLAT tires - stink... brutal ride... sound horrible on the road. No spare. Battery in the boot (yep too much top gear for me). Otherwise a really fun car though, the 1 button top down is neat (even the 1 button on the remote). The sunroof option is also neat. Too many options and buttons to remember, but that is fun!

Featured Services for this MINI Cooper S