2010 MINI Cooper S

26 city / 34 hwy

Overall

Love my Mini!

by BlackMiniCS from San Diego | August 19, 2014

Truly surprised by the power my Mini Cooper S has. I think the car has great acceleration and when in Sport mode its even better. Sometimes a little too much pep! I wish the interior noise was a little better. My friends always complain when I'm using my Bluetooth phone saying it sounds like I'm in a tunnel. I switched my tires to low profile tires and that was a mistake. I've recently switched back and the ride is much smoother. Saying the car is fun to drive is an understatement. It's fantastic! I love my Mini and hope to have it for a very long time!!

great fun

by sasha lover from Houston, TX | April 30, 2013

this car is about as much fun as you can have on the streets. the S model has a 1.6L Turbo engine and is plenty quick - handles fantastic. i thought my wife would like the car more but then i figured it out. this car must be actively DRIVEN, if you don't like doing that and want all the driving assitance you can get this car is probably NOT for you. Also, this car is a sporty car with a short wheel base and 17" wheels - that spells a harsher ride. the non-S model will ride softer and be slower... If zig zagging in and out of the slow moving bohemiths that litter the road ways then go take a test drive - quick! !

Most peppy, fun car I've ever had

by MINI DIVA from Salisbury NC | September 2, 2012

LOVE my MINI Cooper S! I smile ever time I drive it!!! Gas mileage is unbelievable!! The pep and zip is exciting! Lots of very cool features!! Very pleased!!

Best value I've owned

by Rick from Hartford, CT | June 11, 2012

My S has all the John Cooper Works options, so it rides a bit stiffer than most. But I absolutely love the 0-60 in 6 seconds, and be able to average 33 MPG in my normal driving cycle. My dealer has always been helpful and friendly, and keep my car on its computer's maintenance schedule. The computer tells me it is time, I make the appointment, my car gets serviced, no surprises.

first mini cooper

by hokey from williamsport, PA | April 15, 2012

WOW should of purchased one long ago. buy the convertible it sure is cool and works great. Comfort was a 4 not in room I am 6 + it is a stiff suspension you feel big bumps. Nice to have great gas mileage plus awesome power and I mean awesome.. drove both the S and regular; S cooper has the power but regular wasn't bad and if you don't want to pay extra insurance buy the regular. I purchased the S I like power. I didn't drive the JW probably should have but insurance would of doubled. Mini world is going to be cool......

Love It!

by Rock On from Virginia | February 1, 2012

I haven't had my Mini a long time, but I am very satisfied with everything about it. Everyone from the dealership to the US Mini Home Office have been extremely helpful and friendly.

Fun, but not the most comfortable

by Zyphy from Boxborough, MA | October 5, 2011

I have to say that in general, I'm happy with my Mini. I've wanted one since it was released but would make a few adjustments if I were in charge. I would make "turbo" the default mode. The first thing I do when I start it up is press that turbo button. Love the go-kart handling, but the ride itself and the hard seats are not very comfortable. Great for commuting but not long drives. The headrests are too far forward by about 1" which makes it hard to sit up straight--I'm always a bit hunched over and end up reclining the seat back which negates the purpose of the headrest making it hard to find just the right angle at which to drive. Unfortunate also that it came with run-flat tires--WAY too much road noise--I'd rather have a spare. The 2 radio buttons (volume & tuning) should be switched. Everyone grabs the tuning button assuming its the volume since it's the bigger of the two and sits directly on the radio's display. Actually, the volume button sits below the radio, down by the heat/AC control. Who approved THAT decision? Unless the comfort issues get addressed by Engineering in the next few years, I'm afraid my next vehicle will be something other than a Mini :(. . . so sad.

I Love This Car !

by MC Mini Cooper S from Queens, NY | October 4, 2011

I purchased a 2010 Mini Cooper S last year and I still enjoy driving this car. It is so convenient, as the size allows me to park (almost) everywhere and being that I currently live in the city, it makes it that much easier. Must make warning, I owned the car for two days and got my first ever speeding ticket. The six speed transmission is just a bit faster than my previous car. I also do quite a lot of highway driving so the cruise control helps with obtaining excellent MPG (35-38MPG per tank of gas). I am a fairly petite person, but my taller/larger friends fit surprisingly well in the car, although I do not use the back seats - golf clubs do not fit in the "trunk" The only other downside to having a passenger is that the car does not go as fast... Otherwise I love it. May actually go with the Clubman S next time around but for now I will continue to motor on in mini cooper S !!

Yes, It's Fast!, No, You can't drive it!

by Misses the Autobahn from Fort Riley, Kansas | April 15, 2011

Absolutely love this car. Bought it after returning from a deployment, and can't drive it enough. There's not a lot of room in the boot for anything, but was able to close out a small storage unit with no one else riding along thanks to the rear folding seats. This car is quite nimble, and also handles excellently on snow and Ice, The Sport Mode button should be reversed to where you can turn it off instead of having to turn it on. It feels sluggish without turning it on. All around, greatest car I've ever driven!

2010 Mini S good and be careful

by Big Jim from Boston | February 19, 2011

Traded in my 2007 Mini base model for a 2010 Mini S automatic with premium and cold packages. The automatic is great in the city and the paddle shifters are a blast to use when you want to "jump" on it. This car is a real rush to drive. One big complaint for tall people like myself (6'4"): be very careful getting into the car. If you do not fully extend the drivers door before getting into the drivers seat be on guard for hitting the side of your face or head on the door window which does not have a frame around the top of the glass. TWICE in a period of 2 years I hit the left side of my face on the top of the door glass, split my head open just above my left eye and required stiches both times! I know other people this has happened to as well. It was "almost" enough for me to get rid of it but I like the car way too much to part with it. This car has more leg and head room than my Acura MDX and the Mini is a great car for long leg people.

Featured Services for this MINI Cooper S