2012 MINI Cooper S

27 city / 35 hwy

Overall

2012 Mini Cooper S 6 Speed Manual

by Qazulight from Fargo ND | June 16, 2014

I bought a Red Mini Cooper S. I live in Fargo North Dakota, I flew down to Dallas to pick it up, and I drove it back. This is about a 1200 mile trip. I stand almost 6 foot and weigh 225 pounds. (I KNOW, I Know, I am already on diet. ) By the time I got back to Fargo I was ready to get out of the car, so ready that I could have spent another day on the road, but chose not too. However, I did not buy the car for road trips, I bought it for zipping around town. It does that well. The car is fun to drive, dangerously fast and comfortable for even a one hour road trip. I would have no problem taking it on even a two hour trip occasionally. Even with a bike rack on the top of the car, the wind noise is not high, and even with the aggressive tires the road noise is not that high. I found my 2009 Vibe GT to be as or maybe more noisy than the Mini. I will note, that the S model with the 6 speed manual is a powerful car, and working the gears can be a little bit of a chore on the left leg as the clutch is a little stiff; this is as it would need to be to handle the power. The car had 19,000 miles on it when I bought it. It has on warranty issue that needs to be addressed, the little flip up mirrors in the sun visors are broken. Other than that everything is working properly. I averaged about 32 miles per gallon on the road trip with speeds up around 75 miles per hour. In town, I am getting close to 30 miles per gallon, maybe better, I have not been watching it closely. I suspect the highway mileage would be better without the bike rack, but this is of no concern to me so I will leave it in place. I found that programming the radio was not as intuitive as some others, but it is coming along. Did I mention that the car is scary fast? If I let it rev, without hitting the sport button, and drop into second and let it run, the traction control kicks in to keep the tires from spinning and before I can get off the gas the car is doing 50. This is quick, real quick. In sixth gear, just mashing and holding the cruise accelerate button will zip the car from 70 to 85 before you realize it. Personally I could have gotten a Scion XB for the same money, and would probably gotten a car that would be more trouble free, and more comfortable, but who wants to make payments on an XB?

2012 Mini Cooper s

by Ynot from Tri cities wa | October 29, 2013

Just got the mini but I luv it already! Took it thru a blizzard,heavy rain, snow and rain mix, handled like a champ, I really like the sport button, and the gas mileage is amazing! The steering is tight, also luv the power it has with the turbo charge,Amazing! Even my husband is impressed so far.

Super Fun!

by BellaStrega from South Carolina | March 22, 2013

Short and sweet.....I have the Mini S Coupe and it is a blast to drive. So fast. I call it my cartoon car..like being in a cartoon, so tiny! But tons of room inside. People are amazed at the leg room. Love my Mini!

Heads will turn

by car fox from Miami, Florida | February 14, 2013

I have the 2012 roadster S (2-seater convertible). It is truly a head-turner. My husband has had Mercs, Jags, Porche's and Audi's and yet THIS is the car that everyone stops to compliment. It is very comfortable to sit in and has a surprising amount of room, considering the size. It is amazingly peppy and one touch of the gas pedal proves that this little baby has both looks and some bite. As for handling, you will feel almost every bump in the road, although this is common in most sports cars. For straight-line driving, it t hugs the roads. However, you do have to be a little more careful with turns as it tends to pull in the opposite direction if you take the turn too quickly. I don't have the technology package, so I cannot comment on the nav system. The "disco lights" feature, which I believe is standard, is an interesting concept although the lights are not bright enough to really make much of an impact. However, your friends will think it is cool and that's pretty much all that matters. Only complaints are: 1) It definitely needs to have a backup mirror or sensor as a standard feature, as visibility is almost zero in the back and 2) while adorably quirky, the interior materials - especially on the doors - could be a bit more refined and less "plastic" looking and Overall, great little car. Even the most die-hard car enthusiast will probably fall in love with it. Just don't go breaking a lot of traffic laws because everyone will be able to easily identify you on the road if you're driving one of these.

Like a Streetable go-Kart

by Mini Lover from Los Angeles, CA | September 11, 2012

This car makes me smile just sitting in it! As you press the accelerator the smiles increase almost more than the miles per gallon! It handles the curves, the stero rocks and it is jusrt plain fun! Next best thing is Speedzone!

Cutiest car I've ever owned

by Sassy Lola from Pittsburgh, PA | September 1, 2012

I just love this little car. She thinks she is a sports car (Yes it's a girl!). Lots of pep and speed. Just fun to drive.

Lovin My Mini

by Ms Lady from Elgin, IL | April 16, 2012

I did a lot of investigation and read tons of reviews about the Mini Cooper. So when I went to test drive it..I thought I knew what to expect..Was I wrong..This car exceeded ALL of my expectations. I purchased a 2012 Mini Cooper S Avenue (Soda Package), not only is this car unique in style, color, but it performs like nothing I've driven before. I was very impressed with how comfortable this car is, I'm 5'5" and have more room to spare. This car handles the road remarkably. Just the overall driving experience was shocking..I LOVE IT! I own a BMW X5, so this was my second car..so for me it was a way to get my fun, gas saving car, while NOT losing style and performance. If you are considering a Mini Cooper S, my recommendation get out there and test drive one..Trust me..You will be NOT be dissappointment..oh..and please don't forget about the Safety Ratings of this car. My opinion about car purchases are..You get what you pay for..and I definitely feel like I got my money's worth and more. ALSO..I read about the rubber molding on some Coopers fading..Please..please try WOW Black..this stuff WORKS..I've been using it on my 09 BMW X5 and plan to use it on my Cooper if needed. It keeps it looking new..and try Bayes Waterless Detailing Solution on your BMW and Cooper..looks amazing..Good Mini Cooper hunting!!

Convertible

by RM from boston | December 20, 2011

Fun car to drive with great performance and handling. Mileage in the city is mid 30's and in the highway I am getting in the upper 30's. The back seat leg room is very small.

best ever

by zz from UK | November 17, 2011

all i can say is AWESOME.................EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS MAGNIFICENT, FAST COMFY, AND EVERYONE LOOKS AND WAVES AT YOU ITS A MINI ADVENTURE

Featured Services for this MINI Cooper S