2003 MINI Cooper

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Happy again

by Original Mini owner gone newer from Lewiston. Maine | May 28, 2012

My wife and had a Mini in Spain in the mid 70's. Couldn't ship it back and missed it. Now we have the new one basic like we had back then And we love it

fun ride.

by Pantangalo from Fort Dix, NJ | April 2, 2012

I haven't had my mini long and although it was not the most comfortable deal we have made for a used car I love my mini. When this one dies I will certainly be buying another. I get 350 miles to the tank. Oh and did I mention.... I love my mini.

Fun but Imperfect

by Terran from Bay Area, California | April 26, 2011

I was specific about what I wanted and scanned cars.com and found what I wanted locally, an old model vehicle. Looks good, drives well but has some inconsistencies in the electrical (headlights) the dealer I purchased from did not correct, so it's still to be seen to. No problems with the engine, the features work okay and the maneuverability is good. It was a relief to find what I wanted thru a posting on a site I was checking regularly.

love it to pieces but extremly bummedd

by missy from | May 18, 2010

This was my dream car. I saved up enough money to buy it and traved from mid colorado to southern arizona to get it. But less than a year later the transmission started going out and there are no rebuild kits available come to find out this is a very common problem with this year and model. My only option is a new trans or a used one that will more than likely do the same :( now its just setting out there and for the last 7 months (longer than i drove it) i see it and get bummed everytime.

Fun, fun, fun

by Jonnykat from Yakima, WA | April 30, 2010

It's a fun car, but is kind of gutless. Wish I had invested in an "S". It runs a little rough for some reason until warm. Needs "super unleaded" and with gas prices now...

A no trouble car

by Long-time sports car owner from Oregon | September 16, 2009

Driving a MINI is a great experience! I've owned primarily tw-seater sports cars previously - TR3, MB, Miata -and enjoyed them. But the added room of the MINI (comparatively) make all the difference in traveling. Lots of luggage room for a week with spouse - plus the back seat folds for carrying packages too big for the luggage compartment. Service is only oil and fluid changes every 10,000 miles. I've found that this car has been hassle-free. And the fuel economy on the road is outstanding.

Love this car

by Nick from | September 7, 2009

I love this car, it's fast and fun to drive, gets great gas mileage, and gets me noticed everywhere I go. Girls always think it is "cute" and want a ride.

Fun Car, No Hassles

by zzwhm from | August 1, 2009

I've had two now, a 2002 MCS and currently a 2003 Cooper with sport package and automatic. This car is a great little around town ride and has not needed anything except scheduled maintenance. The finish and interior hold up well. The regular Cooper with cvt automatic is kinda pokey, but in stop and go city traffic the auto is nice.

Very Unreliable and Pricey Repairs

by Recronin from Orlando, FL | May 27, 2009

I've owned an '03 cooper for about 3 years now and it's one of my worst purchases I've ever made. As far as the looks and everything go, that's obviously going to be personal opinion. I happen to like the way everything looks though. It's very fun to drive, and the fuel efficiency is great. That said, if you plan on getting one expect to shell out a lot for repairs. Repairs are going to happen to you within a year and a half. I know two other people who have mini's and they have had to undergo some serious repairs; one of them was smart enough to trade it in and get a different car before it got too bad. Just do a search online for mini cooper repairs and you'll be hit with a list of them. I guess I'm "lucky"; the only repairs I've had were the common ones: - broken power steering motor ($1100 with parts and labor - 5 new tires over 3 years (this isn't really the fault of the car, but tires for them are EXPENSIVE. The runflats are $250 PER tire; regular tires start at $100 - broken locks on both doors. There are workarounds for them, and I am not going to repair them. Common problem. - Windows work intermittently. One way to temporarily fix this is to hit the door really hard in a certain spot, but this only works sometimes. VERY common problem. - Water collects inside of the hatch door. This is a problem when it rains. When you open the door all the way, water will pour out into the back seat and cargo area. - The emergency repair kit is located under the mat in the cargo area. Water collects in it from when it goes into the hatch door, becomes stagnant and produces a nasty odor. I didn't know what this was for a long time. I've finally had enough and am going to cut my losses by trading in for a different car. Again, save yourself many headache and a lot of cash by researching these problems.

What an amazing car

by EricaBoyFriend from EricaBoyFriend | January 19, 2009

My girlfriend has a 2003 MINI Cooper. It is an amazing, smooth to ride and drive. It has very good mileage and is very reliable to drive on all kinds of roads - freeways, state highways and rural roads and in-city driving. Seats are comfortable and all controls in the car are within hand's reach distance. Granted the space is limited in the car, but it truly provides value for the money.

Featured Services for this MINI Cooper