2005 MINI Cooper

See Photos & Videos

Overall

GREAT CAR TO DRIVE. BETTER THAN MY IS300

by MAC from Long Island, New York | May 28, 2014

Purchased this car, a 2005 with very low miles. Service d well by the prior owner. This car is like new! My only concern is that traction light comes on and off, setting off the check engine light. What I have found that when paired with run flat tires, this tends to happen setting off the ASC.. Other than that, the car is wonderful!!

Expensive and Flooded

by Flooded Jane from Chicago, IL | April 27, 2014

I bought a 2005 Mini Cooper used back in 2008, and I am unfortunately upset about the reliability of the car. The handling is great and the acceleration is fun making it a great car for most. My problem was with maintenance on the vehicle. I've had three radios and my car flooded (you can google it, there's a manufacturing flaw in some cars with a drainage tube in the roof). Because the main electrical unit lies underneath the driver seat, I'm looking at repairs that are making me sell my car. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this car, but the upkeep for the initial price doesn't add up in the end. If you don't have the flooding flaw, I would imagine the car would be great but stick to leasing because you'll get the most for your money with the warranty.

Fun to drive

by MaxPaxr from Knoxville, TN | January 13, 2013

The Mini Cooper will draw you in with its looks and sporty handling.There is plenty of acceleration, but like a sporty car, you feel all the bumps in the road. Seems to have a lot of mechanical problems. Oil leaks that dealers can't get fixed. Loss of anti-freeze but no trace of leaks. Not to mention the high dealer cost to work on the car. For the high sticker price, should have less mechanical issues.

Cutest car I ever owned.

by European Flair from OHIO | May 15, 2012

My MINI was yellow with a white top (moon roof) & white rims, black interior. I named her "Sunbeam." It was a stick shift, which made it hard for me to drive because of my age (aches & pains.) It was a very fun little car--for a young person. However, it was very small inside & no one could fit in the back seat. The ride was a little bumpy, to be expected for such a small car. I got alot of compliments on it. It was a sharp-looking car. Got good gas mileage. If I were much younger, I would buy another Mini Cooper. Just looking at her made me feel happy--she was so cute.

Best gas mileage

by Sporty Girl from Demorest, Ga | April 2, 2012

This is the most awesome car. The body style is great. The interior is beautiful and well made. This car has the best gas mileage I have ever had.

Mini-Cooper is a great little car

by Chuck from Phoenix, AZ | December 12, 2011

I love my Mini-Cooper Convertible that I purchased using cars.com. It is quick, responsive and fun to drive. I've owned and enjoyed BMWs for years, and the Mini drives like a BMW. The convertible top is easy to operate and allows me to quickly and effortlessly enjoy sunny days. I find it amazingly comfortable with lots of leg room and I like the fact that it has such high safety ratings. I'm getting about 27 mpg composite even though most of my driving is stop and go city driving. The only negative I've experienced is that there is a blind spot in the outside rear-view mirrors. However, I was able to easily solve the problem by simply going to an auto parts store and buying two inexpensive convex mirrors that easily attached and solved the problem. However, it does make me wonder why the manufacturer doesn't address this problem.

Fun for all

by zipper from west hartford ct | September 3, 2011

I bought the car in May and have been driving it everyday. The car handling is amazing. It is a high perfromance car with sharpe look. Mine is Bristish racing green.

Performance and gas mileage all in one !

by Doubleshot from Spokane Valley, WA | June 8, 2011

I love this car. Power is smooth and holds the road like your driving on glue. The convertibles do have a blind spot for changing lanes but not horrible. I would recommend to anyone who wants one.

Great MINI

by bitsy from VA | January 23, 2011

Bought this used 2005 MINI Cooper S and have loved every minute of driving it!! I did switch out the wheels & tires though, can't afford runflats and the regular tires run smoother anyway. Have had alot of different model cars but this is my favorite!!

best small car out there

by garageman207 from | August 14, 2010

the mini is certainly an icon, and its worthy of it. everything is in ship-shape apart from the gearbox, which has an easy-to-fix problem. it is an excellent city car, and can even haul my family of four in comfort. the engine is very peppy, as is the handling. and to add to all its other virtues, fuel economy is unmathched by any other car as fun as this

Featured Services for this MINI Cooper