2006 MINI Cooper

Available in 2 styles:  2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback shown

Overall

LOVE MY CAR

by MINI COOPER S from Orlando, FL | July 24, 2012

I love my Mini so much. The exterior styling and overall performance are both outstanding. I upgraded the interior as I do not like the base trims. There are so many options. The car drives like no other (although, I do not recdommend run- flat tires as they provide a rough ride). I suggest getting the interior chrome package, double sunroofs and upgraded radio. I prefer leather or cloth seats, not vinyl. -- As soon as I am able - I am going to buy another one.

Most fun on four wheels

by Gear Head from Pleasant Hill, MO | March 21, 2012

It isn't the car for everyone, but it has more room than you would think (I'm over six foot, and about 240lbs). The mileage is great, still about 32 on the highway. The fun factor is the best part. I did have to get rid of the run flat tires; too hard.

Like driving a Briggs & Stratton powered Skate!

by Demands Comfortable Performance from Blue Springs MO | January 2, 2012

You're like part of your Mini, going FAST exactly where you point it. ...and man is it FUN! Instrumentation and the on-board computer are sweet supelatives on this wildly exciting little pocket rocket. Premium fuel requirement? You won't mind; it's worth every couple of extra cents getting smooth 'meaningful' response to fuel injected; your Kumhos grippng ground like they are glued to it. Seat adjustabiity is great and with all of this you get amazing bragging rights to your fuel economy!

the best I ever own

by cccc from Riverbank,Calif | September 6, 2011

At the age of 62 , there is no other car for me , Ive had mustangs , vw . Both fast but not the quailty love my mini S with paddles

Funnest car... EVER!

by Dianne Mini from Denver, CO | August 30, 2011

All the bells and whistles my 2006 GT Mustang DIDN'T have. What a sheer pleasure it is to drive this car! I didn't get the turbo 'S' model, but am happy with the 34 mpg and the pep it has to get up the mountain. The only thing that 'bothers' me, if you will, is the narrow seating. Otherwise, it's a dream car. Everything I need to haul things back and forth to my business too.

Love love love the Mini!

by Love British Cars from Virginia | August 8, 2011

Drivers seat adjusts very well so that long trips do NOT cause any back ache. Love the way the car responds. The only minus is the position of the front air vents. I average 30 mpg still after 5 years. The sun roof is massive, and more than compensates for not being a convertible. Fun to drive and surprisingly roomy.

Took A Chance On A Mini Cooper

by Mini Lover from Dayton, Ohio | April 12, 2011

I've always kept an eye on a Mini Cooper, but would never move any further. In Dec. of 2010, started searching the internet and found a number in my region. Did the research, compared pricing and narrowed the field to an '06 Cooper. Drove it, loved it, bought it... I'm a very satisfied Mini Cooper owner :)

Good buy

by Footie from Washington DC | February 2, 2011

The mINI Cooper handles well. It grips the road on turns and does not guzzle gas. Cool looking and fits in any parking space. I love the car but tweaking the price would be nice for it being such a small car.

2006 MCS

by jav from Phoenix, AZ | June 27, 2009

awesome car to motor in! Dumped the RFT's with some Goodyear Eagle GS-D3's! totally new car. the 06 MCS is "dialed" in!

Brilliant Little Car

by freakshow from Dallas, TX | March 11, 2009

Ever since I first saw a MINI years ago, I knew I had to have one. Well, just over 9 months ago I got my wish. I purchased a used 2006 Chili Red CVT Cooper with around 24K miles on it. Right off the bat, the handling was what I noticed. Turning corners are some of the most anticipated parts of jumping in the cockpit and turning the key. Acceleration (especially in Sport Drive mode) is acceptionally faster than most cars I've driven. Plus, it always turns at least a few heads while out and about. I don't know if they look because it's an updated icon, but I know that's what really gets me drooling. BMW really did an exceptional job in taking a legendary sports car and making it relevant, cute and sexy in the lightning fast 21st Century. Kudos. While the positive notes are always the most noticed by myself and passengers, there are a few down sides. Even though I use 93 Octane gasoline, there are some jerky moments. It's very noticeable in stop-and-go traffic. And I have had it checked, everything is perfectly normal with the car. Plus, the MPG is not that wonderful. I really have to take it slow to barely get over 30. One last thing that really bothers me is how easily the car gets dings. My windshield has at least 2 cracks and my bonnet (hood) has easily 4 times that many tiny chips. But overall, the good far outweights the negative when it comes to my bare-bones stock MINI Cooper. I honestly think I'll own it until I can't drive anymore.

Featured Services for this MINI Cooper