2007 MINI Cooper

Available in 2 styles:  2007 MINI Cooper Classic 2dr Hatchback shown

Overall

My Go to Car next to my Porsche 911 - Dependable

by Carstock from Sacramento | September 2, 2014

The 2007 performs while delivering great responsive steering and acceleration. The bullet proof transmission has a geer for every demanding corner and straight-away. I look forward to the Mini driving experience and iconic feel each time I drive this vehicle.

Beware the CVT transmission

by weedsinfrederick from Frederick MD | February 25, 2014

This car has the CVT automatic that is notoriously unreliable. Look at MINIs with either a manual or the steptronic 6 speed automatic on the "S" version....

MC 2007 sport turbo

by turbo from los angeles | September 24, 2013

So i just bought this car used and this was its deal: water pump and timing chain were replaced recently (currently at 88k miles), sunroof doesn't open unless you do some weird SOS type tapping on the switch, a little slow to get into 2nd gear (this is an automatic with the tiptronic), speakers aren't that great (maybe I'm half deaf), good roaring engine similar to a BMW, blue compatibility with iphone 4 has yet TBD but there are phonecall buttons on the steering wheel. Also, no MP3 hookup yet so I'm rolling with the radio and a single CD changer. not to mention, street cred street cred street cred. I've saved about $2000 after the purchase for anything else that could go wrong but I'm pretty sure that getting this year at 88k miles with a new water pump and timing chain already installed is a good idea. otherwise, from what i've read, you'll have to get these things at around that many miles...

from truck to mini

by mike4851 from Daphne ,Al. | June 25, 2012

last year I bought an 2006 chevy truck,,,which I still believe is the best truck on the road,,,,however,,,I needed and wanted a vehical tat gave me more than 16 miles per gallon,,,so I started my search,,,after looking at honda's ,,,nissians,,and all of the sort,,,for the joy of driving and the expieriance I chose a mini cooper,,,it's fun,,,good on gas and dependable,,,was told BMW makes the cooper,,but at this point,,,don't really care,,,it's a blast to drive and give me all the experiance of driving I could ask for,,,so for me,,,the mini cooper is the best cdhoice I could find after driving all the others.

A Pleasant Surprise

by Tom of York from York, PA | April 3, 2012

I bought a pre-owned 2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback two months ago to replace my beloved--and somewhat rare--2005 Subaru Forester XT STI. The Forester provided utility, comfort and exhilarating performance on call, and all at a reasonable price. Its only drawback was the tradeoff of good fuel economy for the performance aspect I so much enjoyed. In replacing my Forester, I was hoping to find a car that was just as much fun to drive, just as reliable to maintain, and more economical at the gas pump. The MINI Cooper I purchased to replace my Forester has provided all three! Anyone who buys a sporty car like this, expecting to enjoy a cushy ride, needs a reality check. The MINI, on this score, is the perfect compromise of sporty, responsive handling with a compliant suspension that delivers a surprisingly acceptable ride without being too harsh. The electrically-assisted power steering provides excellent road feel, and the body and suspension provide controlled response in hard cornering. The normally-aspirated, fuel-injected, BMW-designed 4-cylinder 1.6 liter engine, coupled with a six-speed step-tronic transmission, provides more than adequate acceleration while demanding very little at the gas pump. I recently averaged 45.5 mpg in steady highway driving at 65 mph on a 3-hour road trip. I don't think there is any car available, save perhaps an anemic hybrid, that can deliver that kind of economy. My experience over two months for highway driving averages a little less: about 41 mpg. Around town, I enjoy a more spirited ride, operating in Sport Mode most of the time, and yet still averaging around 35 mpg. All this is delivered by "the little engine that could," never embarrassing me on freeway on-ramps. Both exterior styling and interior design are very unique to MINI, and BMW has, in spite of challenges posed by government highway safety laws that demanded hood and bodywork changes, managed to maintain the "look" of the original MINI that has captured the hearts and won the affections of so many owners. Body fit and trim, as well as interior features, while characteristically MINI, reflect the refinements that BMW brings to the table. Front seats easily accommodate tall drivers and passengers, and, as can be expected, the back seat is shy on leg room, but hey, this IS a sporty car, not the family taxi. Owners' complaints about complicated controls and misplaced volume knobs have been addressed by MINI in later models, but I have never found any of these complaints to be bothersome to me. The few niggling bugs that needed to be worked out of my pre-owned car were covered by the warranty the dealer offered me, so I have had no out-of-pocket expenses so far. Perhaps it is too early to judge my car on reliability, but to date, it hasn't even hinted of a problem, save the warranted bugs I mentioned. Can one find a car that comes close to the MINI in terms of performance, comfort and design, but at lower cost? The answer to this question is yes, but I know of no other car that can deliver "a smile every mile" as the MINI does. Anyone remotely interested in buying a MINI should take one for a test ride. The ride is what it's all about, after all. While the MINI may not be suitable for everyone, you'll find few, if any, MINI owners who aren't fiercely loyal, appreciative of, and enamored by their car.

wife loves it

by bumpy from | February 18, 2012

Rides worst than any car I've ever had. Run flat tires are part of the reason. Changed tires after 32,000 better but still rough as a wagon. Runs great but service is expensive. I like to do my own service but anything past an oil change is hard. service engine light takes a computer geek to reset. So small you feel like a clown getting in and out of it.

Luxury compact car

by Shine on me from Tx | December 27, 2011

I bought preowned mini cooper type s a few months ago with 49k miles on it and now already driven for about 12K miles, everything really good and work good, just only the problem is this car doesn't have spare tire, but the tires it self can run on flat. I got problem with this tires twice when suddenly the tires flat in the night, and second when it happen on the weekend, will be really become problem. And another is this car for the first you drive will be very bumpy. And the last if you want to buy a luxury compact car choose MINI, every body will know who you are.

Mini

by Spartacus from Richmond , Ky | December 5, 2011

After turning loose of my smart car due to only the 2 seats thing I bought a mini in excellent condition with low miles and still under warranty. I must admit I love this little car. Perfect fit form my self and small family. My son loves it too. Just waiting to see how it will do in the snow. ?? Steve E. Richmond Ky

Fun Fun Fun!

by Mini Me! from St. Louis, MO | March 23, 2011

My new(used) Mini is so much fun! Handles well, comfortable, great gas mileage. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone who has the opportunity to own one. It gets looks everywhere I go.

i smile when i drive it

by WI winter driver from St Croix WI | January 26, 2011

I spent about 6 weeks without a vehicle after my trany went out in my impala. i looked at avengers and chargers but one day a mini cought my eye i never gave it much thought until i stoped by a bmw dealership and sat in one. i was hooked and found my used 2007 mini with 25000 miles and bought it since then i have had the best driving experiance of my life. Im a 20 yoer old working class male and wanted to buy something not everyone had. since owning the mini i have been presently suprised i get about 40 mpgs and find the interor sporty and roomy even for me im 6 feet tall and have plenty of room. The car is fun to drive extreamly reliable. I have no problem getting around in the wisconsin winters. keep in mind you can only use premium gas. closing on that its affordable to drive and if your looking for a practical car that will give you the sport car feel this is for you. I smile whenever i look at it

Featured Services for this MINI Cooper