2008 MINI Cooper

2008 MINI Cooper

Available in 2 styles:  2008 MINI Cooper Classic 2dr Hatchback shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Amazing Service at Volkswagon of Downtown L.A.!

by Pyrite Studios Los Angeles from Los Angeles | April 18, 2014

Straight away, Volkswagon of Downtown L.A. made me feel like a V.I.P. Don Dolor, Brandon Carnes and the entire Team there at Volkswagon DTLA go way above and beyond to make sure customers receive the absolute best service. I am so very happy that I was able to be assisted by them. In the past I've had bad experiences purchasing a car. Not so at this dealership. All the guys here work very hard to make you feel at home. I was even offered munchies! I would recommend the mini to everyone! It's so fun and powerful. I love my mini!

A Stylish Car. for those who dare to be different.

by D leeroy from everett wa | July 10, 2013

I own a 2008 Mini Cooper S. This is the first car I have owned that has a 4cyl. engine. This car really pleases me due to it's stout power and grippy handling. I never dreamed that I could have a car that gets 35mpg and is this quick. The ownely drawback I can see is the road noise due to the run flat tires.

Saving Gas

by Going small from Baltimore, Md. | April 9, 2012

I needed to get into something more economical. I had my doubts about this vehicle but have been impressed with its handling, performance, comfort and gas mileage. It is a 2008 with only 19K miles. Time will tell about its reliability.

Cutest

by Mini-lover from State College, PA | October 10, 2011

I just love my MINI. I have always wanted one and now I finally have my very own. It is a cute custom color too. FYI, there really isn't much back seat leg room, but I like that I won't be the car pool mom.

My Mini the Trophy Wife

by Karen from St Petersburg, FL | June 29, 2011

The mini is a fabulous fun awesome car - but it's a bit like a trophy wife that will require some care and maintenance. Make sure you live near a Mini dealer because they will become your new best friend. Don't get me wrong, i've had two mini's and they are more than worth a little effort. The most fun car I've ever had.

There are better choices...

by Hawkman from Oxford, MI | April 28, 2011

Thought I wanted to join the MINI club so I bought a Clubman S to see what the craze was all about. I like the interior design but for 30K the materials should be nicer. The flimsy radio knob is a joke and type of plastic that it uses is also used in Lil Tyke toys. Cheap, cheap. The center mounted speedo is never used. I just use the digital speedo on the gage in front of the steering wheel where God intends it to be. Suspension is stiff but it corners far better than you will ever normally take adavntage of. The 6 speed shifts smooth and easy. The turbo engine pulls good with lots of low torque throughout the rev band. The engine at startup and at idle sounds like my old model year 2000 Dodge Neon. It just putters with a wheezy rackety clatter. Doesn't have the sound of precision engine at all. For a 17k car I can forgive that. For a 30K car it smacks of lousy engineering. BMW had a clean sheet when they engineered that engine and they gave us this? Tell me somebody didn't get fired over this. Even at speed, the engine is soul less with very little exhaust note. The front brakes blow the worst brake dust I have ever seen. After 2 months I just had to throw away the factory pads and get aftermarket ceramic pads. Much improvement. Seems the engineers at BMW don't mind their front wheels turning solid black every 2 months from brake dust or they would just put ceramic pads on at the factory and be done with it. Maybe they have someone wash their cars so they never have to deal with it. Requires premium fuel but that goes with territory when you get a turbo engine. But premium fuel is also required even on the slow normally aspirated base engine. Now that is stupid. Premium fuel for a 120 HP engine? Get real. Dealers are few and far between so you will want to keep a good road service memebership if the thing ever has to be hauled back a couple hundred miles to the nearest dealer after the warranty expires. Not much piece of mind with that deal. Fun car, but terrible value for the dollar. I would never own a MINI again. If the Clubman is terrible value for the dollar, the larger, heavier, much more expensive Countryman using the same wheezy sleezy 1.6 liter engine is the stupid purchase of the century if you were considering one of those. Run away fast from that engineering marvel. There are far better choices out there people.

Mini Cooper Clubman

by KC's Mini from Maryland | April 19, 2011

Car is slow at the start; i.e. no Turbo. But once on the road the car is responsive. Down side is the iPhone connections. Mine is equipped with a center console and has limitations for full iPhone use. Newer cars no longer have this issue. Suggest you buy a car with warranty in effect (If buying used) and consider extended Warranty. The Clubman has enough room with the seats down for two suit cases. The rear seats are fine for children but not for adults. It fits my needs and is easy to drive.

Most fun car I've driven.

by Mini Cooper for life. from Benson, AZ | June 9, 2010

I have only owned this car for five months, and it's the best little car I've ever driven. It's a fun car to drive. Picks up speed well, easy to park, makes U-turns easy. I bought a Mini with dual sun/moon roof. The roof can be left partly open to help vent heat while sitting in your driveway etc. So far I have not had any problems, and hope to own this car for many years. I wouldn't think of owning any other car since buying the Mini.

Most fun I've had driving

by Chris from East Central Florida | April 26, 2009

Driving my 2008 Mini Cooper is the most fun I've ever had behind the wheel. It has very good handling with very quick response. Also, I was able to "build" it myself at their website. The only trouble that I've experienced so far is that the Sport Seats are not the most comfortable on long drives (over 700 miles). My only other complaint is that I think the speedometer (located in the middle of the dashboard) should be canted towards the driver so that you can read your speed more acurately. All in all, it's been great fun and a real enjoyable ride.

Mini Cooper best car in the world

by Andi from Kennewick,WA | December 19, 2008

I have driven fords most of my life, but I am in love with my Mini. I traded a Mustang in on this and don't regret it. Power is actually more than the Mustang and the gas milage and comfort can't be touched. I have more room in my Mini than I had in the much larger v8 Mustang. Get one!

Featured Services for this MINI Cooper