See Also: 2009 MINI John Cooper Works

2009 MINI Cooper
Available in 2 styles:  2009 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback shown

28 city / 36–37 hwy

Overall

Long time since I feel in love with a car.

by Sheldon Cooper from Myrtle Beach | May 30, 2014

After finally paying off my 2004 Xterra I knew I wanted something a little more gas friendly. The Mini's always caught my eye (always been a car guy) and seen a few around town in the "wild" but not up close. I checked out a couple and although they were nice they were all 2006-2007 models with automatics and sun roofs and in the standard color/ vinyl stripe scheme. I seen my mini 2009 s series with 44K miles. Red with black top and trim, but with white rally stripes on the hood. It has a 6 speed manual trans with a water cooled turbo, leather seats with black/ gery and chrome checkered interior. Just Beautiful. Quicker than ever imagined, and even though you have to run premium in them the trade off in gas mileage is well worth it. Love it, the maintenance is a little higher, (synthetic oil premium gas) and it is not a shade tree mechanic service car but it is a great piece of kid gloves machinery.

Super small car

by Mini mad lady from Wakefield | December 16, 2012

I have had my Mini Cooper diesel for 2 months and I cant praise it enough ! Its fun to drive, very nippy when needed, holds the road brilliantly and it's cheap to run..what more can you ask for !! The boot holds my weekly shopping with no problem and I just love it... best car I've ever bought..cant praise it enough.

Misleading Information

by Jim from | October 18, 2012

I was looking for a MINI Auto transmission. Though the add says its Auto, its actually Manual transmission. I had drove 50 miles to find that its Manual. Car itself looks great and the sales guy was really friendly and nice.

Small Car With Big Value

by MMM from CT | January 31, 2012

My MINI has a sporty feel with great handling and, even though premium fuel is recommended, it seems to go further on a tankful of gas. It has a surprisingly comfortable ride for a small car and is just plain fun to drive.

Motor needs replacing

by IXcatz from gainesvill, fl | September 2, 2011

I bought 09 MINI cooper new and now the service department says I need a new motor!!? I brought in to the dealer for a tapping sound. I have had maintenance done even more often than waiting for the service light to come on. I used good gas. I drive a long commute to work and need a reliable car that is good on gas. The car is fun to drive, but make sure to get an extended warranty if you want to chance on getting a car that will last. I don't understand how the motor can be gone when most other cars easily last longer than this one.

Great Little Car

by MINI Man from Houston | February 23, 2011

Great style and ride coupled with great gas mileage. Mini service best in the business. It's a hoot to drive.

Very

by MiniOwner from Indianapolis | February 2, 2011

I have brought 2009 Mini cooper auto. I had this car for 15 months. I have driven only 8000 miles and sold for loss of $12500. My worst nightmare started from the day one. Worst car for the mid west weather. Horible engine noise. Expensive maintenance. For example set of tires cost $1200. One time service cost more than $350. If you change brakes cost $800. If transmission goes out, cost $9000 for repair. Only one dealer in Indianapolis and no option for the owner. Only thing I like in the car is Speed. Easy to get traffic tickets. I do not recommend the car. Do not buy the used one at all. If you want to buy, lease the vehicle and get free maintenance and warranty and after 3 years throw it. Do not attach to the car like me.

2009 Mini Cooper

by kasinboston from Boston, MA | August 12, 2010

I wanted a small, cute car and this is the perfect for living in a busy city with tricky parking. The ride is not that great, and it's not the most comfortable car.

Love it...

by Coopa123 from Tampa, FL | July 16, 2010

I have had a 2009 Mini for about a year now, and let me say that it has been very reliable and no complaints. It runs great, and for such a small car they perform well and have a pretty nice interior. I would recommend this car to anyone.

I enjoyed the first one so much I baught another.

by Cruise Control from Fresno, CA | April 10, 2010

My Cooper "S" is super fast, and easy to drive. Especially fun during an all day drive, and any road which is not straight and flat. It will come alive in the mountains, so be careful. I had an issue with an engine noise when I started it in the morning, but that was repaired under warranty and I expect no more trouble. If you are looking for transportation and like to have something different, (a base model is known as) a "Cooper" is great. If you enjoy driving and like to play with vehicles then spring for the "Cooper S". Don't buy this car based on price, with it you will also gain a membership to a huge following of proud MINI owners. Motor on with us in clubs, meets, and trips across the USA sponsored by MINI. Each MINI is unique and can be built exactly as you wish, and aftermarket accessories are endless. You would be hard pressed to find two of them exactly the same. Enjoy!

Featured Services for this MINI Cooper