See Also: 2010 MINI Cooper

25 city / 33 hwy

Overall

Pre-owned 2010 Mini

by Charlie from Miami | March 1, 2013

Spent many months researching a small fun, second car and narrowed down to the Mini Convertible. So far so good and had it checked out by my BMW mechanic right after I got it from the certified Mini Dealer, who gave it a thumbs up.

Most reliable care ever

by Slam from Baton Rougr, La | November 25, 2012

I got the best deal in history. I purchased a great care at a great price with a very low intrest rate. I am so happy with my car.

Hope you have alot of money and time to waste!

by paddysb from CT | November 19, 2012

On Friday, 11/16, I had to trade in my 2010 Mini Cooper. I was really upset about it since it was a car I had wanted for years. Here were my issues: -49,000 miles: Software system need to be completely updated. The car thought it had fog lights when it didnt so I was getting an indication that my headlights were out when they weren't. -Dealer Solution: Complete system upgrade (fortunately still covered under mfg. warranty. -59,000 miles: Car hesitates and engine light goes on. I was told by Mini to keep driving and don't worry, it's probably the gas cap. Light goes out that same evening. -60,000 miles: Car hesitates and engine light comes on. I decided to make an appointment and that this is not normal for a car that is well taken care of. -Solution: Dealership say's timing chain tensioner and actuator is defective, $800.00 dollars please. I say, no. Dealer decides to charge me $125.00 instead (so I am still concerned about this car, but happy) My concerns were that the timing chain was allowed to stretch to 67mm and they would not change it unless its 68mm. -62,202 miles: I notice car is leaking "blue/green" fluid. I am no rocket scientist but it looks like coolant and I'm thinking it's the water pump. But how could that be???? In other cars, both American and Foreign I have only changed the water pump at 90,000-100,000 miles. -Dealer Solution: Ding, ding. I'm right!! Dealership say's $1,000.00 dollars please. I say, guys, this car is not ready for the public. You can have it. -I am now the proud owner of a BMW 328 i Xdrive. The problem with Mini's is, they look so good but there is junk under the hood. I was so brain-washed by the car that I had thought about getting another one thinking maybe I just got a car with some problems. My gut had told me that if I kept that car, which really didn't feel like an almost 3 year old car, it felt much older although, I had bought the maintenance policy and took very good care of it. IF you must buy this car, please buy the extended warranty up to 100,000 miles and the maintenance policy. You should test drive all cars in that price range. I did not do this because I had my mind set that I needed this car! Pros of having a Mini: 1) Looks, 2) 41 Miles per gallon Cons: 1) Reliability issues, 2) Costly vehicle for what you actually get for the money 3) Too much time spent at the service department 4) Dealer's Standard Comments: "Well it's not a Honda" "Did you put Super in?", "You shouldv'e bought the extended warranty?" "It depends on how you drive the car" This car would probably be best as a second car so that you only put a 1,000 or so miles on it per year. It can't handle being driven everyday (note: I drive 90% highway) I feel really bad for people who have had their engines seize from the timing chain tensioner/actuator and other catastrophic problems that happened outside of warranty. It is definitely a tough lesson to learn.

Most fun commute

by Patrick from Lancaster, PA | April 3, 2012

This car has been as much fun to drive as I had hoped. That and great gas mileage makes this a responsible purchase too.

2010 mini mayfair S

by mike t. from st.louis | April 2, 2012

Realy like the car. Dash board lay out takes some getting use to. Push button start should mean just that, not put in the key and then push the button. Car is a great driver,althought front wheel drive over stear takes a bit of getting use to when you drive it hard.For the MPG and the fun factor of driving it's right on time.

most fun car to drive that I ever had

by grey foxx from South Florida | November 21, 2011

must have the sport package. corners like no other car (in this price range). car holds the road in all weather.

Mini Cooper S Convertible

by epk from NY | October 20, 2011

Lots of fun in nice weather with the top down...plenty of power...paddle shifters fun. Ride is a little rough but very "sporty", kind of like an old fashioned sports car.

Best car on market

by Blkjac from Atlanta, GA | April 2, 2011

I love my mini. It was recently rear ended by an idiot driver not paying attention even as hard as it was hit the damage is not as bad as it coulda been if this were another kinda small car. This is a great car. Reliable, safe, and saves on gas unless you've got a heavy foot (like me - lol). I would recommend to anyone. I can't wait to get mine fixed and back out motoring...

CLUBMAN S

by GP from Arizona | November 12, 2010

This is the neatest car I have ever owned and I've owned a few. Great gas mileage, fast enough, love the paddle shifter, lots of compliments. lots of accessorizing stuff.

Great Sports Car

by Joe - Boston from Boston | November 2, 2010

I was looking for a convertible and always liked the looks of the MINI Cooper. I went for a test drive and I was so impressed I brought the car. It feels much bigger than it looks. Fits like a glove. I like to drive something different and the MINI is the most unique vehicle on the road. It is just a blast to drive. Other Cooper drivers wave as they pass by. I got the S with an automatic. The paddle shifters work great and are fun. Laser like handling! Just a great sports car for the money.