2013 MINI Hardtop

Starting MSRP

Est. MPG

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best car I've ever owned.

by The Fez from Florida | February 7, 2014

Last spring, I purchased my MINI John Cooper Works GP. It's the racing model of the Hardtop. These things are addicting. First my parents bought one... then they bought another... then I got in one for the first time and figured out what the hype was about. I haven't felt this empowered behind the wheel of an automobile in a long time. Even though they are not the fastest cars you can buy, it's worth all the time. It handles like it's on rails, and has a soul unlike 99% of cars on the road. Seriously, stop looking at lame cars that are all about price, and go test drive a MINI today. I went to a two dealerships and they were both very low pressure, honest people. I ended up buying at Tom Bush MINI in Jacksonville, Florida. Everyone was very helpful, answered all my questions, and I never felt pushed into something I didn't want. The MINI is not just a car, but a whole lifestyle, which after being a part of many car groups, makes sense to me. This is the most fun you will ever have in a car for under $50,000! Go test drive today!

A stylish, youth entry level vehicle, a fad.

by Auto fan from Suburban Ventura County, CA | January 16, 2014

I feel that minis are overall, (I tested three different models) a nice alternative to the entry level market , if pricey in some of the versions but the redeeming value is that they are a stylish new look targeting the younger audience aspiring to graduate to the BMW brand which is responsible for this icononic British legend!

Peppy friend

by maus from RI | August 19, 2013

Sweet, little car with a responsive, peppy disposition. Nice get up and go. It is also nice looking. Simple and compact with no excessive frills.

Mini--LOVE

by wildjrp from South East Florida | June 22, 2013

I was looking for a used Mini and happened to see an ad on TV for lease for $199.00mo- Base Mini Hardtop with Auto Trans. Well read the fine print and while Mini corporate pushes this the dealers do not. But if you push and really shop you can get down to a reasonable payment on the least. 3 years, 36000m, with all maintenance covered. I pay plus the state sales tax. I worked it via email and finally went to Lauderdale MINI cause they worked with me BEFORE I WENT DOWN THERE. Thank You Bonnie!! The MINI --wonderful!!! its new but so far I LOVE IT! GREAT HANDELING CAR. just WOW. fun to drive, good gas mileage, comfortable for two people lots of room in the front cabin, retro styling that I love. good features in the base model 6 speaker stereo comes standard. Blue tooth and connections for ipod, Iphone, Ipad if you need that. But mostly its about the legendary handling for me. Safety features, this is the first time in 40 years that I have purchased a new or newer car and actually had the insurance go down!!! so many safety feature can't list them all. My insurance premium reflects those features. LOVE MY MINI

cute

by kahuna38 from findlay ohio | March 27, 2013

noisy....hard ride....great on gas....cute....love it....great for two people.....best car for the mall....fits anywhere

Finally! Some fun!

by Tourguide Lou from Houston, TX | September 16, 2012

This might indicate I am reviewing a 2013, but actually, I got in on the end of the 2012s. While I miss the cushy comfort of my Accord, nothing can beat the fun that has replaced it. The Mini Cooper S is a sporty, one-of-a-kind and I look forward to buzzing around in it. The car moves quickly when asked to, which is especially handy for getting out of the way of trucks on the freeway. Gas mileage is better than my sedan, but I'm trying to drive in a way that doesn't guzzle that premium unleaded too fast. If you're looking for a pick-me-up car with attitude, check out the Mini.