The four-seat Mini Paceman represents the seventh body style in Mini's quickly multiplying lineup. It shares its underpinnings and wheelbase with the four-door Countryman; like the Countryman it also has available all-wheel drive.
The Paceman comes in Cooper Paceman or Cooper S Paceman variants, signaling a normally aspirated or turbocharged four-cylinder. Manual or automatic transmissions come with either car, but the Cooper S Paceman is the only one with optional all-wheel drive.
(Skip to details on the: John Cooper Works Paceman)
New for 2014
Heated mirrors and washer jets are now standard. The unusual Center Rail sliding-console system has been replaced by standard dual cupholders for the backseat with a 12-volt power outlet and iPod holder. The Comfort suspension is now standard with the Sport suspension as a no-charge option.
A newly available City Package includes an alarm system, power-folding side mirrors, heated mirrors and washer jets, auto-dimming rearview and side mirrors, rear parking sensors and a proximity key. Also available for 2014 are interior and exterior John Cooper Works packages that add the sportier styling features of John Cooper Works models, but not their performance upgrades.
- Standard 17-inch alloy wheels; 18- or 19-inch wheels available
- Rear spoiler
- Polished exhaust tip
- Available front fog lights
- Available contrasting roof and mirror caps
- Available panoramic moonroof
- Large central speedometer
- Front sport seats
- Simulated leather upholstery; cloth/leather and leather upholstery available
- Folding backseat
- Tilt/telescoping steering wheel
- Available front seat heaters
- Available automatic air conditioning
- Available Harman Kardon stereo
- Available navigation system
Under the Hood
- 121-horsepower, 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine
- Available 181-hp, turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder
- Six-speed manual transmission
- Available six-speed automatic
- Front-wheel drive; all-wheel drive available
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags
- All-disc antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system
John Cooper Works Paceman
A John Cooper Works version of Mini's Paceman is available for buyers craving more performance. John Cooper Works models are powered by a turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder that makes 208 hp and 192 pounds-feet of torque. (The engine, according to Mini, can briefly boost pressure when accelerating to achieve 207 pounds-feet of torque.)
- Six-speed manual transmission; available six-speed automatic with shift paddles on the steering wheel
- All-wheel drive
- Zero-to-60 mph in 6.5 seconds, according to Mini
- 18- or 19-inch alloy wheels
- High-performance brakes
- Sport exhaust system
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2014 MINI Paceman.