See Also: 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Available in 2 styles:  Eclipse Spyder 2dr Convertible GT shown

Overall

Love these people

by Holly Miller from Wilmot, Ohio | May 16, 2014

Great Service and Great Prices! Very honest about details on vehicle. I will definitely be back to purchase more vehicles.

Really Fun Car

by Mr.Automobile from Chicago, IL | September 12, 2012

Where to start. I bought my eclipse January 2011. Ive got the fully loaded 01 GT V6. This car will pull very hard in first gear if you use sport tronic. handles well around the on ramps and things like that. Also I like highway driving because the car has good power at the top end and I have gotten up to 140 more than once. I personally don't like city driving because the car doesn't absorb bumps well especially if you get low profiles like me. The exterior and interior are nice, Nothing too special in the inside beside power everything, leather, sunroof, sport tronic trans. Good speakers to rock out with the infinity speakers. As far as reliability I think it may have just been mine but trans did go out at 95K miles. Motor mounts have been replace twice. Headlight harness and wiring is very low grade and WILL melt. My radiator cracked also. EGR Valve had some issues and valve cover gasket has been known to leak oil. The issues I named are common and you can check them out on the club3g forum for Eclipse's 2000-2005. I have a love hate relationship with mine. about 70/30. Super fun when shifting manually. Great pull for a small V6. My dealership has pretty good customer service also with lots of coupons on basic maintenance. Car is OK on gas depending how you drive about 21 mixed and about 320miles on a full tank which is only 14 gallons. I ALWAYS use PREMIUM because thats probably keeping the engine running ok. Keep up with regular maintenance and you should be good.

The 2.4 was great

by Lil Black Submarine from Missouri | January 20, 2012

I bought the 2001 2.4GS and loved it's reliability, but the 2003 3.0 GT i bought after was junk.....

The Ugly Car

by Becky from Omaha, NE | September 21, 2011

I would recommend this vehicle to a friend because, it is ugly! It it probibly a cousin to the prius.

Uses car for Towing

01 GS Eclipse

by Lola from Indianaolis, IN | June 2, 2011

Great car all around the GS is easy to work on and affordable maintenance is a plus. Never had a major problem great tranny and motor. Great gas milage, if you keep up with regular oil changes this car will run forever. If this one every kicks the bucket I'll will go out and buy another I'm on 130000 miles and still running strong.

Fun Little Car

by MissEclipse from Nothern VA | April 20, 2010

I own a 2001 Eclipse GT with the sun and sound package. It has the moon roof, leather interior, and premium pioneer sound system. It is an automatic with the sportronic mode. I love this car. For just a little V6 with about 200 horsepower, it surprises you with how much "pep" it has. My only complains are as follows: The backseats are way too small for almost anyone besides children to sit in, I, as well as many others, have to replace the transmission at about 150,000 miles, the dash is cracking, the sunroof doesn't work anymore, my passenger side window has stopped operating, and nearly every single one I've seen has really bad curb rash on the front bumper because it's so low. Because it's such a fun car to drive and own, I am able to overlook all of these imperfections. Honestly, I don't hate the car. I do hate having to pour money into it constantly for repairs, but it's that way with any car. Mine does have high mileage, so keep that in mind on my review. However, I recommend this car to anybody who wants a sporty daily driver.

NOOOOO! Not again!

by Eclipse owner from Everett, MA and Rockville,MD | December 27, 2009

I bought the GT used with 27,000 miles. The car ran great for a while, then it started falling apart around the 90,000 mile mark. Between 90,000 to 114,000 miles, I had to replace the transmission, radiator, starter, clutch with 2 pumps, tensioner, cramshaft pulley, head gasket cover, water pump, and more. Another thing I didn't really like is that it really only has one cup holder.

the best car for racing and reliability

by nick from | October 27, 2009

it is the best if you got an opportunity to buy it buy it it is the coolest most great engine built in and great performance i love you'll love it if you buy it

don't like this car very bad

by DJ ish-mail from chicago,IL | April 7, 2009

don't buy this car the body kit is not good i think a civic is way better. i would not buy this car if i were u......

Great "Mid-life crisis" car

by BrokeDAD from Indiana | March 1, 2009

I recently bought a 2001 Eclipse Spyder. It was immaculate in and out as well as being one owner. The handling is amazing. The mrs. didn't mind as I only paid $5000 for it after trading in a 1996 Blazer that needed $3000 in repairs once again (and this was after an entire new 2000 engine installed a couple years ago). This car is so much fun. I gave up my Ford Probe GT Turbo when we got married. It handles well even in Indiana snow. I have to feather the throttle to keep it slowed down in the city. Even though it is the 4 cylinder GS it did make 150mph (shhhhhh .. don't tell the mrs) The added "My Valet" remote is great for remote starting/warmup. The dealer didn't know what that remote was for. If you are looking at this car I'd say buy one. I can't wait for warmer spring weather to put the top down. The front bumper guard is VERY low and sensitive to damage. Mine had one little crack on the right side. I just bought a $70 LeBra to cover things. You can buy a whole new primed front bumper cover for $98 in case you find one you are thinking about buying and want to fix that. Keep your money and buy this instead of that Corvette or Mustang GTS. Your mistress will appreciate your frugality. (Just kidding)

Featured Services for this Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder