See Also: 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder

Available in 4 styles:  2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

Amazing

by Bird Cage from Pasadena, Tx | May 22, 2014

This is the first car I bought and I've had for 4 months. I LOVE IT! Suspension handles great on the curves and engine provides great output. Gas mileage is good in city and highway and a full tank last for a good week. The gear box is also smooth with every gear change since mine is the 5 Speed manual transmission. Interior wise, its comfortable and not as bothersome as other cars I've driven. The exterior ,of course, has the sporty but not too flashy look. This a great car if your a student ,need something to get around in a lot or a first time buyer.

Fast and fun

by Quezo from Arizona | January 14, 2013

I have owned the 04 gts for 6 months. Car is very fun to drive. Handles very well and runs perfect. I have had no problems at all. Even has a back seat which comes in handy.

Love It!

by Spyderman from Salt Lake City UT | September 17, 2012

I own a 2004 Eclypse Spyder GTS with the 3.0 engine. Came with a 100K powertrain warranty. I only had to use it once to fix the starter motor. I have kept it up with all the recommended maintenance (one was $800). Never let me down. Heater is great ( I drive it when it is as low as 40 degrees F). AC is good but not great. Leather seats are great. Wish they were heated. I like the soft suspension over the Mustang, etc. The only drawbacks I have are 1. the AC light is hard to read so you don't know if the AC is on or not until you feel the air. 2. CD changer does not do MP3s and while kits are available to replace the stereo, they are expensive to get the steering wheel controls, etc.

One of the best.

by Eclipse lover from Berwyn, Pa | April 9, 2012

My 2004 Mitsubishi is one my favorites I have ever owned and I have had a ton of cars. This is the 3rd. Eclipse I have owned and is my favorite. I love the styling and comfort. Interior is excellent. The only negatives is the small turning radius and the OKAY gas mileage. I am averaging about 24 mi. per gallon. Also you have to use upgraded gas. But if you enjoy driving a sporty 5 speed, this is a great car. Put a chip in it and some other upgrades and it is actually pretty fast.

So Far So Good

by LFC from Washington, DC | December 7, 2009

I got it used in 2007 and it has been a fine car. Fastest car (V6 5 speed)I have owned and handles well. Runs better at 80 than at 60.

LOVE IT!!

by liz from oklahoma | March 28, 2008

I purchased my eclipse in 05, with 200 miles on it. We have driven it back and forth to California 4 times with NO problems. It is now '08 with 81000 miles and it still runs great. I'm really upset that I have to get rid of it now, because it DOES fit 2 car seats in the back, but NOT 3. It's super fun to drive and gets really good gas mileage. The only thing that I do not like about the car is the back shelf that separates the trunk from the back seat has had to be replaced several times. The brackets that hold it in place are just plastic and brake REALLY easy. Other than that, it has been a really great car.

Lovin' the ride!!!

by DR J from Nova Scotia, Canada | August 7, 2007

I purchased my '04 Eclipse new in '05 and I have no regrets. I absolutely love this car and it handles amazing! It's so fun to drive!!!

the best car period

by reg from elgin il | August 2, 2007

this car was pretty much the best car that i have ever driven. i would highly recommend this car to a friend. Its awesome!!!!

A nice upgrade from the 1997...

by ziggythefish from south jersey | November 14, 2006

It seems like all the little things i didnt like about my 1997 Spyder has been tweeked in my 2004. The top is sturdier, the defrost doesnt demand being on A/C, the cruise control doesnt need to be turned on after every start, the seats still do NOT recline, but at least they have an adjustable lumbar support lever, the flimsy top clips are sturdier... Unfortunately, the engine on my GS is still slow and kind-of-cheap (I blew up 2 of them on my 1997) but at least the powertrain wty has been increased to 10 years (IF youre lucky enough to have a 2004 1/2 model.. check the dealer with your VIN for accurate wty info).

Best Fun Sport Coup I've Owned, including BMW's

by BoLan from West Vancouver, BC, CANADA | September 30, 2006

This car kicks in many ways, handling, performance, styling and realiability. I've also owned in past BMW sport sedans that were really good. This Mits Eclipse 04' with the V6 & 5 Speed std trany really hauls, there are a few short commings, however with a few bucks here and there, you can have quite a performer. There are a lot of good performance coupes from other manufacturers out there, but I have to compliment the 3 diamond people, they build tough cars. I have owned a Diamante, Montero, Outlander, a 4 cyl Eclipse GS and now this Eplipse GTS. If it still performs well at 100,000 miles like I put on all the others with little repair cost and miles of fun driving, I won't complain.

Featured Services for this Mitsubishi Eclipse