See Also: 2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Available in 3 styles:  2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder 2dr Convertible shown

Overall

great car overall

by That Guy who drove an Elcipse from clear creek, wv | October 3, 2012

I owned a 2000 Eclipse GT, 3.0 V6. had 137k when i got it and handled and ran like a dream. Smoked a few mustang gt's, especially on curvy roads. 90mph s-turns are no problem. Never squeeled a tire. Also, it does amazing in the snow. Drove over WV mountains with 4-6 inches of ice under the tires and didn't have a problem. Smooth shifting with the 5-speed manual, put a cold air intake, exhaust kit, and cheapo perf. ship under the hood and it shot from 200hp to 250 hp. And did so with under 1000 bucks. Srove it around 199 miles a day. only complaint is, as to be expected, at 170k miles, the radiator blew and needed replaced. But, the car fortunatley has very low maintenance costs. I deffinatley recommend.

Steal!!!!

by Buddha from Albany, KY | November 6, 2011

I got it way under book and it more than fulfilled all all my expectations. My only complaints are petty, like I wish it were another color, and are probably why I got that super deal. My other complaint is that is so great my brothers use any excuse to borrow it.

Love My Car!

by Juice from Sikeston, MO | June 3, 2009

I have the 2003 Eclipse GS. Never had a problem with Reliability. Now that's not saying that it won't happen but we've had this car since 2006 and I've never had a problem. Handles like a dream. Still performs like it did when we got it three years ago.

My Eclipse should be yellow, it's a LEMON

by Vegaschick from Chapel Hill, NC via Las Vegas, NV | May 18, 2009

This is my second Eclipse and needless to say I'm very disappointed in it. My first Eclipse was a 2001 (leased) and the ONLY thing I had to pay for other than oil changes was one set of tires, I loved it. Skip head four years later and I leased my second Eclipse, a Remix Edition. After four and a half years and over $2000 in "non-warranty parts" I will NEVER purchase another Mitsubishi. Within the first week it was in the shop twice. Within the 14 months, it was in for a check engine light issue (the air filter) and brake issues (not covered after 12 months or 12,000 miles). Next on the list, tires which I knew I had to pay for. The tires that originally come on the Eclipse are only suppose to last 15-20,000 miles. I had issues with the cooling system, the radiator was replace (semi under warranty), all the hoses, antifreeze, cooling system flush, thermostat all needed to be replaced. That was expensive to fix. More issues with the breaks (not covered), other issues with the stereo controls on the steering wheel. Battery that failed after 3 years, sensors that needed adjustment, and a very loose parking brake. All not covered. Tomorrow I take it back in for the 3rd time this year for another check engine light issue, a tune-up, oil change and who knows what the damage will be. I think this car should be bought back and I can be free of it.

Featured Services for this Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder