2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Attracts lots of people

by Eclipse Lover from GLENDALE,AZ. | September 4, 2013

BOUGHT MY CAR NEW & INSISTED ON THE REDDISH-ORANGE COLOR.[SUNSET OPALESCENT] i HAVE NEVER HAD ANY BREAKDOWNS IN THE 7 YRS. I'VE OWNED IT. THE SOUND SYSTEM-R.F., IS THE BEST SOUND EVER! THIS CAR IS FAST & SEXY & GETS GREAT GAS MILEAGE. I WOULD HATE TO GIVE THIS CAR UP- WILL ONLY DO BECAUSE I NEED ROOM FOR 2 LABS TO TAKE ON TRIPS. YOU WON'T BE SORRY IF YOU BUY AN ECLIPSE.

Worth it

by Eclipse owner 2.4L from Rocklin CA | November 3, 2012

It is extremely fun to drive, I have it about 3 months ago and the car still does not have any mechanical problem. I would recommend using med grade gas in order to take care the car well. The only bad thing I have to say about eclipse is blind spot, you have to drive fast to be safe as you will probably rely on your mirrors a lot instead of turn your head back, it is excellent to drive if you think you are experienced driver who are more fears than the car itself. The top speed I did try with this car so far is 130 m/h and it will not accelerate further than that.

3rd Eclipse I've Owned

by Kissez from The Bronx NY | September 15, 2012

I've had 3 Eclipses since it first came out in 1990. Great little car, easy on the eyes, V-6 has lots of heart and so much fun to drive. Not for people trying to save on gas, it is a performance car and needs high test. I'm truly sad to see this model phased out in this age of ugly vans and hybrids.

Best Overall

by Realist from Columbus, Ohio | April 21, 2011

This is one of the best cars that I have ever owned. Even after 100K plus, the car is still very solid, reliable and a joy to drive. The minimal maintenance that this car requires is very simple to do. It is one of the best designed cars, that I have seen. This car was designed with the owner/mechanic in mind, in that everything is laid out nicely and easily accessible for normal routine maintenance. A real joy to own!

Best car i've ever gotten

by eclipseguy from Wisconsin | February 19, 2011

I've had a couple of the older eclipse's, the first gen and second gen, but neither compair to the 4th gen i currently own, i love this car and baby it. And wouldn't give it up for anything. It runs and drives extremely smooth, and I have never had any problems with it mechanicaly. A+++!!

Top of the Line

by Burgundy from Montana | February 9, 2011

I live in MT. I own a 06 Eclipse. I love driving it! It does grat and runs strong. I'm glad i purchased this car and enjoy driving it on the hwy.

A Real Head Turner

by Dr. Bizzaro from Minneapolis, MN | April 22, 2010

I've owned both the GS and GT. If you can, opt for the GT. It's just more fun with the powerful v6. You really don't see many of the new design Eclipses on the road which makes owning one seem a little more special. The body is beautiful and the seats are pretty comfortable. The Eclipse is a bit of a challenge to park by backing up but I try to park where I can pull out forward. A few things Mitsubishi could do to improve the car is less road noise, raise the arm rests, and give the customer a telescoping steering wheel. That should be standard with a new sticker price over $25,000.

the eclipse

by Former Celica Owner from Cheektowaga, NY | March 25, 2010

The first thing I ever loved about this car was how it reminded me of my old car, a 2002 Toyota Celica. I was in love with my Celica and sadly it was totalled when I was rearended by a semi truck on the thruway. The eclipse however, is more available than the celica, they were about the same price and it has a more "newer" look. So far, the eclipse has treated me well, although its door handles on the inside seem poorly made and everytime I go to shut my door from the inside I feel like its going to just break off. I've had someone look at it but they say it may be a bad idea to put any type of adhesive to keep the handles more stable. Overall, she lives up to my former car, but without the memories, and someone is always shooting envy looks when I drive her around.

Great Car

by TxFemme from Dayton, OH | January 28, 2010

I bought my 06 Eclipse GT used with 17K miles. I now have around 30K and it has never so much as hiccuped. It is fast and sexy and very practical for a sports car. The trunk is good sized, the car is heavy and substantial. It feels safe. The backseat is small, but at least it has one. My only complaints are the wide turning radius and lack of MP3 input. The RF stereo is the best stock I've heard. I get around 23-24mpg with the 6spd manual...FUN to drive!!

06 and 07 Eclipse GT

by Own 2 from SE Missouri | December 5, 2009

Own both and love them. Both bought used and they are great! Sporty looking, handling, quick. One is a convertable...Wow it is nice. Get alot of admiring looks. Not a smokers car by design, ashes blow everywhere, but I do not smoke. Have a 6 speed in the 06 and get 44 miles per gallon on the highway at 80mph with air on. The 07 is an automatic and does not do as well. Love the heated seats in the cold weather.

Featured Services for this Mitsubishi Eclipse