The Eclipse is Mitsubishi's performance two-door sports car and is offered in coupe and convertible Spyder form, both with a choice of four-cylinder or V-6 engines. Competitors include the Ford Mustang and Honda Civic Si.
New for 2010
GS models adopt some styling tweaks applied to the GT models last year. Electronic stability control, standard only on the GT last year, is standard across the board. A new GS Sport model comes with 18-inch alloy wheels, high-intensity-discharge headlights, a big rear wing and other features to separate it from the base GS.
GS models now have similar two-tone front and rear bumper fascias like the GT for a more intimidating look. GS models also gain dual exhausts. A backup camera is standard on the GS Sport and GT.
- 17-inch alloy wheels on GS
- 18-inch alloy wheels on GS Sport, GT
- Optional xenon high-intensity-discharge headlights
- Optional power sunroof
- Available aero kit
Although they're listed as four-seaters, for practical purposes the Eclipse and Spyder are suitable for two adults in front and one or two children in the cramped backseat. The backseat folds on the coupe for additional cargo space. All versions now have an auxiliary jack for MP3 players.
- Standard air conditioning, cruise control, keyless entry
- Standard jack for MP3 player
- Optional 650-watt Rockford Fosgate sound system
- Optional leather upholstery
Under the Hood
GS and GS Sport models are powered by a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine that makes 162 horsepower and 162 pounds-feet of torque. Stepping up to the GT trim brings a 3.8-liter V-6 that delivers 265 hp and 262 pounds-feet of torque.
- Five-speed manual or four-speed automatic with four-cylinder engine
- Six-speed manual or five-speed automatic with V-6
Standard safety features include:
- Antilock brakes
- Side-impact airbags for front seats
- Side curtain airbags (coupe)
- Electronic stability system
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Mitsubishi Eclipse
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.