See Also: 2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great Car

by microbu from | July 12, 2013

The Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder is a convertible version of the Eclipse coupe. In most regards, the Spyder provides a similar driving and ownership experience to the coupe, which means sleek styling, four-passenger seating, a powerful available V6 and a reasonable amount of comfort. With the Spyder in the affordable convertible segment, Mitsubishi has taken a balanced approach. With nimble and sporty two-seat roadsters on one end of the spectrum and four-seat family-sedan-based convertibles on the other, the Eclipse sits comfortably in the middle. Historically, the Spyder's closest competitors have been convertible pony cars such as the Chevy Camaro and Ford Mustang. The Spyder has been available for all Eclipse generations except the first, and has occasionally dropped out of existence as new generations of the Eclipse debuted. Whether new or used, the Spyder should satisfy a shopper desiring a sporty drop top that provides plenty of wind-in-the-hair fun.

Great car, watch description

by MoPar To Ya from Cleveland, OH | March 29, 2013

This is my 3rd Eclipse , I love 'em, absolutley no problems. Good bang for the buck. Highly recommend. Used buyers beware, there are a lot of standard GS models out there being sold as GS Sport. Do your homework to make sure you are getting what you want, and paying the proper price. The one I bought was being sold as a GS Sport, I pointed out to them that it was a GS, and they knocked $3,000 off the price. Now, come on Mitsubishi, bring the Eclipse back !!! Great car :)

READ BEFORE GOING TO LOOK AT THIS CAR!!!!

by Robert from | March 25, 2013

Hey everybody, I drove over 70 miles to see this car thinking it has all the features listed in the report. I was very disappointed when I got there only to find out this is the very basic model of a 2012 eclipse. I wasted my time and gas just to see the car. If theres features you want in a car, BE SURE to CALL the dealer first before you wast your time too.

My dream car...

by Xialon from | January 21, 2013

I've always wanted an Eclipse since I was little, and now I got the 2012 Eclipse GS model. I couldn't be happier. I love to drive my car and the speakers are phenomenal for being stock (I listen to dubstep, rock, and metal) and have a booming bass line. However, the car is very, very heavy and the I4 engine doesn't have a lot of kick to it. If you switch over to Sportronics, then you will have fun. Downshifting is a real thrill. Though, I wish there were at least 5 gears. The car handles extremely well and can do turns and curves on the highway at very high speeds with ease. Fuel economy is good, and I am constantly surprised by the MASSIVE fuel tank (over 17 gallons). Though, the fuel light does turn on when you've gotten down to 3 gallons of fuel left which comes out to around 80 miles of driving at least. The exterior is gorgeous. People constantly take second glances and my friends are overwhelmed with envy when they look at it. The interior is very comfortable and the dashboard does have nice designs and curves but it seem a bit archaic (no high end LCD screens). At night when you turn on your headlights, the dashboard lights up in a beautiful blue color. It is a great touch. Makes you want to drive at night with the windows rolled down and the speakers turned up... I've had this car for 7 months now and driven over 6,000 miles. The only problem I've had is with the tires because they don't seem to handle changes in temperature very well. The "check your tires" light has gone off many, many times. Besides that one little problem, I love the Eclipse through and through. An amazing car. Forget what car review sites are saying. They are comparing it with other sports cars that are built overseas (the Eclipse was built in America), so they have cheaper production costs. Also, who goes around racing cars? Not many people. For a day to day car, the Eclipse is perfect. For small bursts of thrill rides, the Eclipse won't do anything jaw dropping, but it can still deliver a good adrenaline rush.

Dream car

by Spyder from | September 1, 2012

It's my dream car in every way possible! I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a stylish, good on gas, reliable and quick car.

loving it so far!

by Happy Buyer from | July 8, 2012

after searching for over 3 months for the perfect eclipse I settled for the 2012 gs model in carbon grey. I get compliments every where I go and EVERYONE loves this color! This car drives great overall but there are some things I would change. There is a huge blind spot that I'm hoping to get use to soon, and the features are not up to date. Most newer cars come with a sunroof, but not the eclipse, you have to buy the "sport" or "se" edition (which is about $5,000 more) luckily, the dealership I dealt with offered to put in a sunroof for an extra $1,100 so I took it. It was $6,000 cheaper than the SE model I was looking at after the sunroof! My advice is just to look around and see what options you find necessary to get the best price you can, but I'm sure no matter what model you will love this hot car!

Dedicated fan!

by TeePee from White Plains, NY | June 26, 2012

This is the third Mitsubishi I've owned (second Eclipse). I couldn't be more pleased with my decision to purchase another Eclipse. Great value. Good looking and very comfortable driving. The back seat is quite small (who cares). Good cargo room for a vehicle in this size category. I've owned other convertible coups but will always come back to the Eclipse for its reliability.

i love my spyder

by MYSPyder from Fresno Ca | June 6, 2012

I have had my eclipse since the day of the eclipse... and i love it... its sporty and comfortable...

Affordable, Fun to drive & great to look at,

by Eclipse convertible lover! from Las Vegas nv | April 30, 2012

I called 4 different states to find the eclipse convertible! I was adamant of getting it in red or orange as the color is unlike that available on most vehicles! I have owned it for About 1 month and it is a fabulous car! It looks gorgeous inside and out, the leather bucket seats cradle your body and make your driving experience emjoyable! The car came equipped standard with so many additional features that really add up on other vehicles, like Blue tooth, heated leather seats & a reverse camera! I was unfortunately rear ended at a high rate of speed but the car took the impact very well and has saved me a lot of pain! But I will get it back as good as new shortly! Overall I would give the car 2 thumbs up & 10 stars!

outstanding vehicle and extremely fast

by mercury from ohio | October 25, 2011

owned for 4 years and have had no major problems. very fast and looks great. comfrotable ride.good value for the money.