2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor

17 city / 22–23 hwy

Overall

Fun Drive but watchout!

by JasonCTC from Waco, TX | April 23, 2014

I bought this car in 2008 with 56K miles on it. I love this car because it is a smooth ride. Like other reviewers have noted, this vehicle is powerful and roomy - we have taken this car all over the US and now at 98K miles it drives just a well as when we bought it (albeit 2 sets of tires later). This car has some flaws that are hard to avoid: 1) condensation from the air conditioner flows into the car under the floor mats 2) we've had to replace 3 window regulators (at $350/each) and 3) we've had to replace to 2 car door handles ($50/each). These aside I recommend it...we've had no major problems such as engine or transmission.

The Endeavor

by Love my SUV from Fishers, IN | March 24, 2014

Love the roominess and big feeling, though it isn't one of the mega-sized SUVs with 3 seats or poor gas mileage. The 2nd row folds near flat for hauling whatever and for this old of a vehicle I was impressed that there are two outlets (like for phone chargers) in front, one in the 2nd row and one in the back. There are hooks that are flush to the floor when not in use in the cargo area that are perfect for my dog's leash. These vehicles come in LS (very basic) and SE (sun roof, heated cloth seats, electric seats and mirrors, etc.). We got the SE and I was disappointed that it seemed to have everything extra that I wanted except radio controls on the steering wheel-then my son found them! They are on the back of the steering wheel like where you'd use your fingers to control them as opposed to your thumbs. Way cool. I love sitting up higher and I know the transmission was flushed right before we got it as it needed that, but it seems to run great at 14,000 miles and going strong.

You wont believe it until you drive it

by Bad Luck Stopped Here! from North Vernon, IN | October 7, 2013

This is my 2nd Endeavor and i cant tell u how amazed I was with this vehicle. Compared to other SUV's, the room & space is plenty comfortable, pack able and so flexible! For a V6 the power that it has both 2 wheel and AWD is like having a V8. It handles so smooth and can pick up with speed without a slip, spit or sputter! The car is beautiful in the inside, great lighting through out the whole car, It has security light features that most cars dont My biggest complaint with this car is the seats r not powered so im unable to move up or down. Other then tht, MY FAV CAR EVR!

About the Truck

by Owner2005Endeavor from East Orange, NJ | December 23, 2010

I chose this over a Nissan Pathfinder (the main competitor if your looking for a reliable, fast and roomy truck) I was very fortunate to find one is Pristine condition with 65,000 miles for 10,500USD with original paint intact and its the AWD version (the best in my opinion). The Interior is very refined, somewhat simple and feels Very comfortable on the eyes and its very roomy compared to my other option The visibility is almost perfect, everything is 100% fully visible when you apply a round Mirror sticker to the Driverside Mirror. It feels like a VERY solid truck, as soon as I got it, I got all of my belts changed, Peace of mind, I know that It will not break for the next 60-70K miles, It feels like a new truck, drives and sounds like one, so Im very sure of the reliability of my car. for 10.5K + 700USD + about 2500$ for registry and taxes, for a car like this, in this kind of shape, im EXTREAMLY SATISFIED.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best performance for a truck

by Shawn from ellicott city, MD | March 20, 2010

this truck is the best in anything, from speeding up on the highways to climbing up the hills. the only thing that i didn't like about the car is the resale value, besides that i think im going to be keeping this truck for a very long time. It's a little tight in the back for a person who's 6ft. but i'm always driving so it doesn't make a difference. It handles like a sports car, very quick and stays balanced...perfect truck in my eyes

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Love My Endeavor from Columbia, SWC | February 11, 2010

I purchased my Endeavor back in December 2005 and fell in love with the gas mileage that it gets. I can fill up the 21.4 gallon tank and drive to Charlotte, NC.,and still would have the tank register between full and 3/4 of a tank of gas.

best car i have ever owned!!

by king of the road from california | December 14, 2007

This car is the most Reliable car i have ever had. Its comfortable car to drive for those really long trips, and it has a great look as well

The best SUV in it's class, hands down.

by Vaughns_Dad from Memphis, TN | December 14, 2006

I hadn't even considered this car before the dealer suggested it (where are the ads?). I needed a fair amount of towing capacity for my boat and a lot of interior space for my 2 large dogs and 4 adults as I frequently travel a few hundred miles for camping. I'd assumed I'd need an Explorer or something similar, but oh was I glad to find this. It has ton's of interior space, similar to an Explorer, but incredible gas mileage. Easily over 20 mpg on the highway. It feels sturdy and well built and handles like a car. That was actually the dealmaker. My wife test drove it after driving other trucklike SUVs that made her uncomfortable and immediately pronounced, "this is the one." I should mention that the towing capacity for the out-of-the-box, base model Endeavor is 5500 pounds, 2000 pounds more than an Explorer. So it's small boat ready, without an engine upgrade (you need to buy the hitch). My only complaints are that the bumpers are painted without an option for unpainted as on other SUVs, meaning they get scratched up if you actually use an SUV like you're supposed to. Also, the interior is nothing to gush over?pretty basic, but very comfortable. I have a bad disc and long road trips don't mess me up at all. Having driven many other smaller and larger SUV's, I can say that this is the very best, in any class, hands down.

Unsurpassed Value for an SUV

by SUV Enthusiast from Iowa | November 15, 2006

I purchased the 2005 Endeavor for several key reasons. First, the value for the product is incredible. The Endeavor is a reasonably priced AWD SUV. The exterior is stylish and sophisticated in appearance. It has the abilities of the great AWD/4WD vehicles, but handles like a car. It is the most comfortable and smooth riding SUV I have owned. I live in Iowa and must be able to travel in every type of weather conditions. The AWD Endeavor has always been up to meeting the task. It plows through snow effortlessly and handles well on ice covered roads. Mechanically, the Endeavor is a sound vehicle. I have not had a single mechanical issue arise. I have followed the scheduled maintenance and simply put gas in and go. I would recommend the AWD Endeavor to anyone looking for a great SUV at and affordable price with unsurpassed value.

Featured Services for this Mitsubishi Endeavor