Shortly after introducing its compact Outlander SUV, Mitsubishi added the Endeavor, a larger crossover SUV. Now in its eighth year on the market, the Endeavor received some new styling cues last year to keep it more contemporary. It's intended primarily for on-road motoring. A dual-range transfer case is not included, so off-road capabilities are limited. The Endeavor's competition includes the Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander and Nissan Murano.
Two trim levels are offered: LS and SE. Front-wheel drive is standard, but SE models are available with all-wheel drive.
New for 2011
Changes this year are relegated mostly to equipment updates. The uplevel SE trim gains a standard navigation system, backup camera and moonroof.
The Endeavor has a front end that features a mesh grille set above a chin-type spoiler. Large wheel openings and creased wheel arches are present. Exterior features include:
- Fully independent suspension
- 17-inch wheels on LS, 18-inch wheels on SE
- Standard fog lights
Up to five people can fit inside the Endeavor. Rear passengers sit in a 60/40-split folding backseat. Cargo capacity behind the rear seat is 40.7 cubic feet, which grows to 76.4 cubic feet when the seat is folded down. Interior features include:
- Standard cloth seats; heated leather upholstery optional
- Standard CD stereo
- Standard manual air conditioning; automatic climate control optional
- Standard cruise control
- Optional Rockford Fosgate six-CD audio system
- Optional power driver's seat
- SE adds touch-screen navigation system, backup camera and moonroof
Under the Hood
The Endeavor comes standard with a 3.8-liter V-6 engine. Mechanical features include:
- V-6 makes 225 horsepower and 255 pounds-feet of torque
- Standard four-speed automatic transmission with clutchless-manual mode
- Maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds with all-wheel drive
Standard safety features include:
- Four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags
- Electronic stability system
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2011 Mitsubishi Endeavor.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range